Perfect every time, our frozen waffle fries in air fryer recipe is just what your frozen potatoes need! Cooking up in about half the time of traditional oven methods, and with a whole lot less oil than deep frying, your air fried frozen waffle fries will be ready in just 20-minutes and primed for whatever WHOLE LOTTA YUM options you are serving them with.
Air Fryer Frozen Waffle Fries
While we do try to stick to healthier options in our home, I will admit I'm a sucker for a good french fry every now and then. The addition of an air fryer to our home kitchen (followed by another) has made the process of serving up a wide variety of frozen potatoes in our home a whole lot easier and even more flavorful than before. Something my whole family is seriously excited about!
Air fryer frozen waffle fries are a super fun side whether you are going for an easy dinner like turkey burgers, a great addition to a plate of ribs, or served up with additional frozen options such as chicken tenders. No matter how you plate them, air fryer waffle fries are always a great choice!
Why You'll Love This!
- Get all the texture and flavor of deep-frying without the mess, added oil, or struggle when you make your frozen waffle fries in the air fryer.
- Air fryer frozen waffle fries cook up in just 15-minutes!
- Frozen waffle fries in air fryer is a great option for gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free, and vegan eaters alike.
- Our air fryer frozen waffles recipe works for any brand of frozen waffle fries and with any model of air fryer!
The air fryer is a kitchen powerhouse when it comes to frozen foods! If your family enjoys the occasional frozen treat be sure to check out our air fryer frozen pizzas, air fryer frozen burritos, air fryer frozen jalapenos, and air fryer frozen sweet potato fries the next time your home is craving some frozen foods!
In our home, we love Alexia waffle fries, but you can make your air fryer frozen waffle fries with your family's favorite brand.
- frozen waffle fries
Frozen waffle fries - these recipe steps work for both traditional waffle fries as well as sweet potato frozen waffle fries.
While most brands of frozen waffle fries are pretty straight-forward with ingredients, it's always best to read the labels to ensure your potatoes are compliant with any food restrictions you may have.
Step by Step Instructions
To make your frozen waffles in air fryer you are going to need to preheat, cook, flip, and finish them off. It's the perfect simple side!
Air Fryer Waffle Fries Temperature
Cook your frozen waffles in a preheated 400F air fryer. Most air fryer models will have a preheat feature that will do this for you automatically. If yours does not, simply turn your unit on to 400F and allow it to preheat for at least 5-minutes.
Air Fryer Waffle Fries Cooking Time
While your air fryer is preheating, prepare your waffle fries.
If your air fryer basket is non-stick, simply add your waffle fries in a single layer. You can cook about ½ a bag at a time in most air fryers.
If your air fryer basket is NOT non-stick, feel free to spray a thin layer of non-stick spray or add a light coating of oil to it.
Place your waffle fries in the prehead air fryer and cook for 8 minutes (until they’re starting to crisp). Flip the fries and continue cooking for an additional 6-7 minutes until they're crispy.
Air fryer waffle fries will need to cook for a total of 14-15 minutes. As air fryer models do vary slightly, check for doneness a couple of minutes before.
Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy!
- To ensure the best frozen waffle fries in air fryer, be sure to preheat your air fryer for at least 5 minutes before you place them in your air fryer.
- While it may be tempting to add a few extra fries to the basket, air fryer frozen waffle fries will cook best when in a single layer with some space between them.
- Flipping your waffle fries after 8-minutes helps ensure your waffle fries crisp up evenly!
- Cooking spray or oil are not necessary, but they are helpful if your air fryer is not non-stick.
- If your air fryer basket is non-stick do NOT use cooking spray on it.
Make delicious air fryer sweet potato waffle fries just as easily! Preheat your air fryer to 400F, cook in a single layer for 8 minutes then flip, and continue cooking for an additional 6-7 minutes.
Yes. Easily reheat any leftover frozen waffle fries by preheating your air fryer to 400F and cook for 1-3 minutes until warm and crisp.