Delicious bacon jalapeno deviled eggs are the perfect combination of creamy, salty, and spicy. This recipe can be made in 30 minutes or less, making it ideal for quick and easy meal prep.
Bacon jalapeno deviled eggs are an excellent addition to any meal - brunch, lunch, or dinner - that will add a unique burst of flavor. It's a Whole Lotta Yum you won't want to miss it!
✅ Get our FREE healthy meal prep printables + meal plan! 🥑
Jalapeno Popper Deviled Eggs
They boast a perfectly balanced blend of smoky and spicy, thanks to the combination of bacon and jalapeño. The egg yolks become extra creamy when mixed with cream cheese and their zestiness is complemented by a sprinkle of fresh chives on top. Not only are these tasty treats incredibly delicious, but they're also easy to make. They require few ingredients and just minutes in the refrigerator.
Prepare a whole container of jalapeno deviled eggs to use for meal prep throughout the week. These flavorful bites can be served as an appetizer or side dish, or even on their own as a light meal. Whether served hot or cold, jalapeno deviled eggs make for an irresistible bite.
Why You'll Love This!
- Great for meal prep- when you're short on time during the week, prep spicy deviled eggs ahead of time for a quick grab-and-go.
- Super yummy- classic deviled eggs with a spicy kick then topped with smokey bacon. What's not to love?
- Quick and easy! Making deviled eggs has always been a quick and easy appetizer, use an egg cooker to make perfectly hard boil eggs in minutes.
- Healthy - Eggs themselves are nutritious providing protein and vitamins. For an even healthier version use lite options of mayo and cream cheese.
🥘 Jalapeno Bacon Deviled Eggs Ingredients
Our deviled egg recipe is super easy to customize. Traditional deviled eggs that are topped with punchy flavors, but feel free to scale back on the spice, or add more!
- Hard boiled eggs - Cooked eggs can be made in a variety of ways; stovetop, steamer, instant pot, or oven baked. Try our Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs.
- Mayo - We all have a favorite brand of mayonnaise, so use your favorite!
- Whipped cream cheese - If using block cream cheese let it soften a bit so it is easier to incorporate. Whipped cream cheese has a fluffy texture perfect for easy mixing.
- Apple cider vinegar - Adds a wonderful flavor that regular white vinegar doesn't.
- Cooked bacon - To cut down on prep time, use bacon bits instead of cooking bacon.
- Chopped jalapenos - We've used canned chopped jalapenos that have been drained of the juice. Use jalapeno slices for even more bite.
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese - Play around with the cheeses! Use a smokey swiss or gouda. Shredding your own cheese from the block will result in a creamier mouthfeel.
- Spices - We use a combination of garlic powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Chives to garnish - Scallions could also be used to garnish.
** Please see the recipe card at the bottom of the post for the exact quantities **
- Make a dip! - In addition to making the filling, chop the hard-boiled eggs into pieces and mix them into the egg yolk filling. Use pita chips, celery, or your favorite chip for scooping.
- Toppings - Play with the toppings, and add some sliced pickle, smoked salmon roe, or crispy fried onions.
- Spices - Add more spice with the addition of chili powder, cumin, or cayenne powder.
- Sandwich baggie for piping
- Small mixing bowl
🔪 How to Cook Deviled Eggs with Bacon and Jalapenos
Making deviled eggs is easy and only takes a few simple steps: boil the eggs, remove the shells, mix the egg yolk mixture with your jalapeno popper ingredients, and top it off with a sprinkle of crispy bacon.
Sliced the cooled hard-boiled eggs in half lengthwise.
Carefully scoop out the yolks, and add the yolk to a small mixing bowl. Mash the yolks with a fork.
Mix the mayonnaise, whipped cream cheese, apple cider vinegar, ¾ of the crumbled bacon, chopped jalapeno, shredded cheese, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
An easy way to fill the egg white halves with filling is to make a piping bag from a sandwich baggie. Spoon the deviled egg filling into the bag, push the air out of the baggie, and seal the top. With scissors, snip a very small bottom corner, and twist the top section of the baggie to push the filling toward the opening.
Gently squeeze the filling out of the hole and into the egg white halves.
Garnish the eggs with the remaining crumbled bacon and fresh chives. Enjoy!
🥗 Dietary Substitutions
As written our jalapeno popper deviled eggs are Keto friendly and gluten-free.
- Dairy-free: To create dairy-free spicy deviled eggs omit the cream cheese and use your favorite dairy-free shredded cheese.
💡 Recipe Tips
- This is an easy recipe to double or to cut in half.
- Our favorite ways to make hard-boiled eggs are either in an Instant Pot or an air fryer.
- Cooking bacon in the oven is an easy way to cook an entire package or we love air fryer bacon for just a few slices.
- For variety, you can leave out the jalapenos to make deviled eggs with bacon.
- We used chopped and drained jalapenos, which are milder than fresh. For a stronger jalapeno flavor, use a chopped fresh jalapeno.
- If youʼre on a low-carb health plan, shred your cheese from a block since pre-shredded cheese is coated in potato starch.
🥡 Storing and Reheating Deviled Eggs with Cream Cheese
- Storing: Place your deviled eggs in a single layer in an airtight container. Keep them in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- Freezing: I would not recommend freezing deviled eggs. In a pinch, you could freeze the filling, but the boiled eggs will not freeze well.
- Reheating: Enjoy our deviled eggs recipe cold or warmed just slightly. Heat on a microwave-safe plate in 15-30 second increments as they'll heat quickly.
Serve this yummy deviled egg recipe as an appetizer for almost any meal, add to a meat and cheese board, or pair it with a fresh and crisp salad.
The time for hard-boiling eggs depends on the size and desired style — soft-boiled or hard-boiled. Generally speaking six minutes for soft-boiled and 10 to 12 minutes for hard-boiled is recommended.
😋 More Delicious Bites
If you're looking for more appetizers or snacks that are bold with flavor, try some of our newest recipes:
- Air Fryer Jalapenos
- Bacon Cream Cheese Jalapeno Poppers in Air Fryer
- Elotes Corn Dip with Cream Cheese
- Stuffed Mushrooms with Bacon and Cream Cheese
💌 Get Meal Prep Help!
📌 Pin for Later
📌 Be sure to pin the recipe to Pinterest so you can easily find it again! ⬆️