When you are looking for a delicious mushroom appetizer, look no further than our stuffed mushrooms with bacon and cream cheese! Filled with a mix of cream cheese, bacon, and seasoning, these baked mushrooms are the perfect addition to your table. Made without breadcrumbs, and in less than 30-minutes, they are bursting with flavor that is a WHOLE LOTTA YUM!
Are Stuffed Mushrooms Keto?
Yes, this is a keto stuffed mushroom recipe. While many recipes call for the inclusion of breadcrumbs, ours doesn't. Instead, we are using full-fat cream cheese to make the base of our mushroom stuffing. Whenever possible, we use nitrate-free sugar-free bacon as well to keep the carb count as low as possible.
Bacon Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
We love stuffed mushrooms with bacon and cream cheese at any time! Whether we are serving them up as an appetizer or for a game-day party spread, these addicting little stuffed mushroom disappear as quickly as we bring them out. We do like to mix them up, serving both the bacon and cream cheese version as well as the vegetarian option as well (see below!).
For those who are wondering, our stuffed mushrooms with bacon and cream cheese are gluten-free, keto-friendly, and low carb - but don't worry, they DO NOT taste like diet food!
With no breadcrumbs, you are free to pop as many stuffed mushrooms as you can handle. We often create a single batch to serve as an appetizer or create a double or even triple batch when serving as a game-day spread.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- With no breadcrumbs, our stuffed mushrooms with bacon and cream cheese is the perfect low-carb and gluten-free appetizer!
- Create a simple stuffing of cream cheese, bacon, and herbs to stuff your mushrooms with that is bursting with flavor and seasoned to perfection.
- While stuffed mushrooms may sound complicated, our recipe is super simple and takes less than 30-minutes!
Fresh mushrooms are the base for this recipe, but the real magic is in the stuffing made up of cream cheese, parmesan cheese, bacon, and herbs.
- white button or crimini mushrooms - feel free to choose either small or medium-sized mushrooms that are your favorite
- olive oil
- bacon - pre-cooked
- whipped cream cheese - if you opt for regular cream cheese, be sure to soften it before making your stuffed mushrooms
- shredded parmesan cheese - fresh is best! 😉
- garlic cloves - minced
- ground black pepper
- sea salt
- fresh chives - minced
- fresh basil - minced (or 1 teaspoon dried)
Cream cheese - Try replacing the cream cheese with your choice of blue cheese, Boursin cheese, or goats cheese.
Bacon - Opt for pre-cooked crab, canned chicken, chorizo sausage, or crumbled Johnsonville Italian sausage in place of the bacon.
- Vegetarian - Skip the bacon and mix in other vegetables such as fresh chopped spinach or sauteed onions. Adjust seasoning to taste.
Step by Step Instructions
Our stuffed mushrooms with bacon and cream cheese is a super simple recipe that has just four steps - prep, stuff, bake, and serve!
Preheat the oven to 400F.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Remove the stems from the mushrooms and mince them. Set the stems aside to use later.
Brush the tops and bottoms of the mushrooms with a mix of olive oil and melted butter.
In a medium-sized bowl, combine with the chopped bacon, parmesan, cream cheese, minced mushroom stems, garlic, chives, basil, salt, and pepper.
Fill the mushrooms caps, overflowing them slightly. We used a little less than 1 teaspoon of filling per mushrooms. If you have medium or large mushrooms, you'll use more per mushroom cap.
On a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, space the stuffed mushrooms with bacon and cream cheese on the pan. Bake 10+ mins, or until the mushrooms start to release their juices and are cooked through.
- This recipe will work with any size small mushroom, but the cooking time is based on using small ones. If you use medium or large they could take an extra minute or two to cook.
- We made our stuffed mushrooms with bacon and cream cheese using precooked bacon. You can either purchase precooked bacon at your local grocery store or use this method to make some in your oven.
- Be sure to cover your mushroom caps with the olive oil and butter mixture to help them cook fully.
Stuffed mushrooms make the perfect easy appetizer for any meal or can be served as part of an appetizer spread.
Yes. You can prepare your stuffed mushrooms up to 2 days in advance but we recommend you don't bake until you're ready to serve them.
More Baked Appetizer Recipes
Looking for more baked appetizer recipes?
- Boursin stuffed sweet bell peppers
- Bacon cream cheese jalapeno poppers
- Cheese crackers from cheese slices
More Keto Mushroom Recipes
- Mushrooms in air fryer
- Philly cheesesteak casserole
- Hamburger green bean casserole with mushrooms
- Air fryer green bean and mushrooms recipe