Ready in just 16-minutes - start to finish! our air fryer turkey cutlets are the best way to enjoy breaded turkey cutlet with lots of flavor the whole family will enjoy.
We are making our breaded turkey cutlets in air fryer the easy way by using Italian seasoned breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese, ensuring you can enjoy a WHOLE LOTTA YUM dinner any night of the week.
On Keto? Grab our FREE keto foods list here OR Snag our Keto Binder HERE
Breaded Turkey Cutlets in Air Fryer
Similar to breaded chicken cutlets, these breaded turkey cutlets in air fryer are a great way to whip up a quick and easy dinner - especially if your evenings are busy. By using turkey cutlets rather than whole turkey breasts (or turkey tenderloins) we are able to reduce the roasting time in the air fryer without sacrificing on flavor.
If you are looking for additional quick-cooking recipes for cutlets, then look no further! We love using both chicken and turkey cutlets in our home because they cook up so easily and can be seasoned in a a variety of ways. Be sure to try our pan fried turkey cutlets recipe as an additional way to enjoy turkey cutlets and our air fryer chicken cutlets recipe if you are looking for a chicken cutlet option.
These air fryer turkey cutlets are the perfect choice when you want to serve a quick and easy dinner that is full of flavor and something everyone is sure to love. To make a complete air fryer dinner, serve them alongside air fryer sweet potato slices and air fryer frozen broccolini or green beans.
Or opt to serve the turkey cutlets over pasta with marinara sauce or with a simple side salad. Either way, you are going to love this turkey cutlets air fryer recipe for dinner.
Why You'll Love This!
- Ready in just 16-minutes, air fryer turkey cutlets is the quick and easy way to enjoy crispy and delicious roasted turkey cutlets.
- We are seasoning up our turkey cutlets with garlic salt, Italian breadcrumbs, and parmesan cheese - a combination that is simple yet flavorful!
- Turkey cutlets in air fryer is a great way to serve up a protein-packed dinner that is sugar-free. Make your air fried turkey cutlets gluten-free, low-carb, and keto-friendly by following the adaptations below.
- Enjoy all the flavor and texture of fried turkey cutlets without the extra oil associated with deep frying.
- We are using common kitchen ingredients for this air fryer dinner recipe to keep is as simple as possible.
The key to making the best roasted turkey cutlets in air fryer is the addition of parmesan cheese to the Italian breadcrumbs and garlic salt.
- turkey cutlets - pounded thin turkey cut from turkey breast or turkey tenderloins sort of like boneless turkey chops, you can either buy them pre-sliced and pounded thin or make your own from thinly sliced turkey breasts or turkey breast tenderloins.
- olive oil- we used extra virgin olive oil
- eggs -large size, you could use egg whites for the egg wash to cut back on cholesterol.
- Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- grated parmesan cheese - grating your own parmesan from a chunk of parmesan will melt and coat better than buying pre-shredded parmesan. The pre-grated or shredded varieties are often coated with potato starch and doesn't melt or adhere as well ( but still works if that's what you have!)
- garlic salt - if you don't have garlic salt, you can use a mix of salt and garlic powder)
- black pepper
** Please see the recipe card at the bottom of the post for the exact quantities **
Turkey cutlets in air fryer is an easy recipe to adjust based on what you have in your pantry already. There are different ways to easy tweak the recipe so that it feels like you're making a new and different turkey cutlet recipe each time.
- Swap plain breadcrumbs or Panko for Italian seasoned breadcrumbs.
- Use mayo in place of the eggs.
- Regular salt mixed with garlic powder can be used for the garlic salt.
An Air Fryer- We have a Cosori XL basket style air fryer, an Omni Plus oven style air fryer, and a small 3.2L Farberware basket style air fryer. The Cosori was used in this recipe.
- Gluten Free - Use a gluten-free breadcrumb or omit the breadcrumbs completely.
- Keto - Omit the breadcrumbs or use crushed pork rinds in place of them.
Step by Step Instructions
Making these air fryer turkey cutlets is so simple! We are going to start by seasoning the turkey cutlets, coating them in egg and breadcrumbs, and then roasting them in an air fryer.
Blot the turkey dry with paper towels to remove extra moisture. Sprinkle the turkey cutlets with garlic salt (or regular salt) and pepper on both sides.
Take 2 shallow bowls (or small bowl) or plates and add the beaten egg to one dish and add the bread crumbs and parmesan to another shallow bowl.
Mix the bread crumbs and parmesan together.
Dip the turkey cutlets into the egg mixture on both sides and then dip them into the bread crumbs mixture on both sides. Make sure to coat all sides of the cutlets.
Place the prepared cutlets in the hot air fryer basket or tray.
Air fry your turkey cutlets at 400F, but unlike many recipes, we are not going to be preheating our air fryer prior to cooking.
Lay the uncooked breaded turkey cutlets into the cold air fryer. Our air fryer (a 5.8 Qt Cosori) held 4 chicken cutlets and we had to cook them in two batches.
Air fry the cutlets on 400 F for about 5-7 minutes, or until they're crispy, golden brown, and the internal temperature of the turkey is 165 F when tested with a meat thermometer. The turkey cooks fast and you don't need to flip it over during cooking.
Serve as a whole cutlet or slice it to serve over pasta with marinara sauce or on a salad.
- We used pre-sliced turkey cutlets from Trader Joes. A 1 lb pack includes 5-6 cutlets, some stores also call these thinly sliced turkey breasts. You can make cutlets if you have a boneless turkey breast buy cutting them lengthwise into very thinly sliced pieces and then pounding them thin with a meat mallet. We found it easier to buy them ready to go in a package.
- Cooking the cutlets at a higher temperature like 400 F is the key to making air fried turkey cutlets crispy. Cooking them at a lower temperature like 360 F during testing didn't get the crust as crisp.
- As we are cooking thin breaded cutlets, keep an eye on your breaded turkey cutlets during cooking because they will finish quickly.
- To ensure you are cooking your turkey breast cutlets completely, we do recommend using a digital meat theremometer to check for doneness.
- Do NOT use non-stick cooking spray if you have a non-stick air fryer basket.
Serve your turkey cutlets atop a plate of noodles or zoodles topped with marinara sauce, with a simple side salad, or with a variety of air fryer side dishes.
Turkey cutlets are thin slices of turkey breast that are full of flavor and cook up very quickly. They typically get pounded thin for quick cooking. You can either purchase turkey cutlets pre-sliced or make thinly sliced turkey breast slices from turkey breast meat.
Store leftover air fryer turkey cutlets in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days. You can also freeze cooked turkey cutlets for up to 3 months.
More Air Fryer Turkey Recipe Ideas
Looking for more air fryer turkey recipes?
- Air fryer turkey breast (bone in)
- Air fryer frozen turkey breast roast
- Air fryer turkey tenders
- Turkey thighs in air fryer
- Air fryer turkey drumsticks
- Air fryer turkey wings
More Cutlet Recipes
Looking for more cutlet recipes?
- Pan fried breaded turkey cutlets
- Breaded air fried chicken cutlets
- Baked thin chicken breasts
- Baked breaded chicken cutlets
Come connect with us on Instagram! Be sure to tag us (wholelotta.yum) when you make a recipe. You can also find us on Facebook, and Pinterest.
Love Chicken Parmesan and this Turkey version sounds wonderful, I will be making it soon.
Turkey makes a great variation to chicken parmesan. I hope you love it!