Crispy and delicious, turkey wings in air fryer are always a great choice for your dinner table! We are making our air fried turkey wings using just 3 ingredients - oil, our favorite seasoning dry rub, and, of course, separated turkey wings - to make our roasted wings tender, flavorful, and a WHOLE LOTTA YUM.
On Keto? Grab our FREE keto foods list here OR Snag our Keto Binder HERE
Air Fried Turkey Wings
We're a wings-obsessed family and air frying them is definitely the way to go when you're looking for that super crispy skin. This was our first time cooking turkey wings as a main dish that wasn't part of Thanksgiving dinner and my family was mind blown by how huge turkey wings are! No one will be complaining about the lack of meat on this turkey part.
For a quick and easy dinner, we love to pair wings with either air fryer sweet potato slices or air fryer home fried potatoes. Both recipes are simple to make and are always a family favorite.
Speaking of favorite recipes, have you tried our other air fryer turkey recipes? We have been learning that there is so much more to the turkey than that single fall holiday and have been enjoying trying new things. Be sure to try our BBQ rub air fryer turkey legs recipe along with our herb seasoned air fryer turkey thighs the next time you are looking to try something different for dinner.
Why You'll Love This!
- A quick 10-minute prep means you can get a flavorful dinner started in no time!
- Turkey wings are larger than chicken, so they do take a little longer to cook, but the 30-minute cooktime is well worth it for the tender and delicious air fryer turkey wings.
- We love using a homemade turkey seasoning rub on our roasted turkey wings so we can control what ingredients make it onto our dinner plate and limit artificial items.
- Our turkey wings in air fryer recipe is compliant with a variety of healthy eating plans including low-carb, keto, gluten-free, and sugar-free.
- This air fryer turkey wings recipe is keeping things simple with just 4 ingredients!
We are keeping things simple with our turkey wings in air fryer recipe while also making sure the wings themselves are bursting with flavor in each and every bite.
- turkey wings - separated into drumettes and wingettes
- dry rub - our homemade dry rub or your favorite storebought variety
- olive oil
- salt - (optional)
TO MAKE OUR HOMEMADE TURKEY RUB:
- garlic powder
- ground onion powder
- smoked paprika
- chili powder
- fine kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- cayenne pepper
- minced dried rosemary
- dried thyme
- dried sage
** Please see the recipe card at the bottom of the post for the exact quantities **
- Add a touch of sweetness to your turkey wings by basting them with either honey or BBQ sauce during the last few minutes of cooking.
- Experiment with different flavors for your wings by swapping out the dry rub for herbs, Italian seasoing, or simply coating your wings with salt and pepper.
An Air Fryer- We have a Cosori XL basket style air fryer, an Omni Plus oven style air fryer, and a small 3.2L Farberware basket style air fryer. The Cosori was used in this recipe.
- Keto/Low-Carb - To keep your wings compliant with a low-carb lifestyle don't add honey and be sure to read the labels on any sauces you choose to add. Also, many commercial seasoning blends do contain sugars, so watch out for those.
Step by Step Instructions
We wanted to make sure that our air fryer turkey wings recipe was as simple as possible, without sacrificing flavor, so we are making this whole recipe in just a few easy steps - season, air fry, flip, and finish.
If you need to make the seasoning rub: Add the garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, chili powder, kosher salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, rosemary, thyme, and sage in a small bowl. Mix the dry rub until the ingredients are well combined. For the turkey wings you won't use all of the rub, so store the leftover seasoning in an airtight container.
Trim the wings into drumettes and wingettes like you do with whole chicken wings and toss the tips.
Blot the turkey wings dry with paper towels. Place them in a medium-sized bowl.
Brush the wings with the olive oil and then generously sprinkle the turkey wings with the rub on both sides.
Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 380 F. You can preheat the unit while you are prepping the wings.
Place the turkey wings in the air fryer and cook them on 380 F for a total of 30-35 minutes, or the internal meat thermometer registers at 165 F when tested in the thickest part of the wing. Flip them halfway through cooking.
Serve with your favorite wing sauces and sides.
- The turkey wings used for recipe testing came whole and we had to cut them into wingettes and drumettes before air frying. Here's a Youtube video on how to cut turkey wings if this is something you're doing for the first time.
- Be sure to pat your turkey wings dry before you add the oil and seasoning. While this may seem like a strange thing to do, it actually helps the oil and seasoning stick to the wings and allows them to crisp up better than if you had skipped patting them dry.
- We highly recommend buying an inexpensive digital meat thermometer to easily check the internal temperature of the meat!
- The cooking time can vary based on the watts of your air fryer unit, how small or large the wings you purchased are, or whether or not you preheat your air fryer in advance. Keep an eye on your turkey wings and use a meat thermometer to check for doneness.
Turkey wings can be served with a variety of sides including potatoes, salads, and other appetizer-type foods.
While we do not feel that air frying is the best method for preparing an entire turkey, you can make air fryer turkey breast, air fryer turkey thighs, and air fryer turkey drumsticks, and all of them will come out fantastic.
Store leftover air fryer turkey wings in the fridge in a covered container and use them within 4 days. You can freeze cooked turkey wings for up to 3 months.
More Air Fryer Recipes
Looking for more turkey recipes?
- Air fryer turkey cutlets
- Air fryer bone-in turkey breast
- Air fryer boneless turkey breast (from frozen)
- Air fryer turkey bacon recipe
- Air fryer turkey burgers recipe
- Air fryer turkey thighs
- Air fryer turkey legs
- Air fryer turkey tenderloin
Come connect with us on Instagram! Be sure to tag us (wholelotta.yum) when you make a recipe. You can also find us on Facebook, and Pinterest.
Leave a Reply