Making your own low carb keto taco seasoning recipe mix means you won’t have to sacrifice your carbs for the store-bought sugar-laden taco seasoning. With just simple dried herbs you probably have in your cupboard, you can whip up low carb taco seasoning in less than 10 minutes.
The no carb taco seasoning is also low carb, Whole30, paleo, gluten free, dairy free, and sugar free.
A printable recipe card is at the bottom of the post!
This post may include affiliate links, including links to Amazon products. Read the full disclosure here.
Here’s a handful of our most popular keto recipes that use this keto taco seasoning recipe including green chili enchilada casserole, chicken fajita casserole, low carb taco casserole, low carb crock-pot taco soup, and crustless taco pie.
And be sure to make keto friendly tacos with keto margaritas on the side!
Keto Taco Seasoning
Why This Recipe Works
- It tastes better than store-bought seasoning
- The keto taco seasoning is sugar-free and no carb
- Making your own mix makes it easy to adjust the seasoning to fit your preferences
- You’ll never have to run to the store when don’t have a taco seasoning packet
Ingredients for Low Carb Taco Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1.5 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
TIP: You can also add 2 tsp of arrowroot powder to add a thickener like the store-bought packets do to help thicken the meat sauce. Typically packaged seasoning uses corn starch, but to make this keto friendly taco seasoning, you’ll want to use arrowroot powder instead.
The keto taco seasoning mix is super easy to double, triple, or quadruple so that you always have some on hand.
Homemade Keto Taco Seasoning Steps
It’s ridiculously easy to make your own homemade keto taco seasoning, once you make this recipe you’ll NEVER go back to store-bought again! Not only does it taste better than store-bought, but it’s also sugar free and no carb taco seasoning too.
In a small bowl add the chili powder, ground cumin, garlic salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and smoked paprika.
Mix all of the low carb taco seasoning recipe ingredients together in the bowl.
To use the homemade taco seasoning in tacos, you’ll want to use 2- 3 Tbsp of the low carb taco seasoning recipe with 1 lb of ground beef. Feel free to add more than that if you want a stronger or spicier flavor.
How do I Store Keto Taco Seasoning?
Store the keto taco mix in a small glass container with a lid like a mini mason jar.
The keto friendly taco seasoning mix last at least a year or two as long as it’s stored in a cool, dry place in your pantry.
Keto Mexican Recipes
- Green chili enchilada casserole
- Chicken fajita casserole
- Low carb taco casserole
- Keto chicken enchiladas
- Low carb crock-pot taco soup
- Crustless taco pie
- Instant pot Mexican shredded chicken
- Baked salsa chicken
- Fish taco bowl
- Low carb margaritas
- Keto taco salad (beef or chicken)
And be sure to pin the recipe for later on Pinterest so you can easily get back to it!
V V V
We’d Love to Hear From You!
Have questions or feedback? Please ask questions or post feedback on the post comments.
Tap That Recipe Review Star! Be sure to leave a review after you make the keto taco seasoning recipe or just tap the star rating you’d give the recipe!
Show Us Those Photos! Be sure to upload your low carb taco seasoning recipe photos on the Pinterest pin and/or tag us on Instagram at @wholelotta.yum! We LOVE featuring reader recipes!
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- In a small bowl add the chili powder, ground cumin, garlic salt, black pepper, paprika, and cayenne pepper.
- Mix all of the low carb taco seasoning recipe ingredients together in the bowl.
- To use the homemade taco seasoning in tacos, you'll want to use 2-3 Tbsp of the low carb taco seasoning recipe with 1 lb of ground beef. Feel free to add more than that if you want a stronger or spicier flavor.
- The keto taco seasoning will last for 1-2 years when stored in a small glass container with a lid in a cool, dark place like a pantry.