If you’re looking for keto ground beef recipes, look no further! We’ve rounded up the BEST 27 low carb beef recipes you can easily click to AND we’ve included the recipe card and instructions at the bottom of the post for making our super popular ground beef zucchini casserole too!
The keto recipes with ground beef include both recipes from our Whole Lotta Yum website and keto hamburger meat recipes from other food websites. other
Ground Beef Keto Recipes
Eating ground beef is an easy way to get protein and fats if you’re following a low carb or keto diet. While we don’t want to overdo eating beef, it’s usually a crowd-pleaser, it’s one of the cheapest cuts at the grocery store, and most ground beef keto recipes shout out comfort food meals.
Finding a variety of low-carb keto ground beef recipes keeps your grocery budget down, gives your family variety, and just makes it easier come meal planning time.
Our list of 27 low carb and keto ground beef recipes makes a fantastic reference for any time you aren’t sure what to make with that extra ground beef in your freezer. While burgers are awesome, having a variety is even better.
Types of Low Carb Ground Beef Recipes:
Whether you’re craving a pizza casserole, Indian food, Mexican, want a quick 20 minute meal, or can’t figure out what to cook in your new instant pot, I know your new favorite keto or low carb ground beef recipe is on this list! 😉
- Main dish salads
- Instant Pot beef recipes
- Crock-pot recipes
- Oven & stove top ideas
- 30 minute meals
Big Mac salad aka Big Mac in a bowl is one of the most popular recipes on our website, we thought we’d start you out with one we know will become one of your most favorite ground beef keto recipes.
The instructions include how to make homemade Big Mac sauce (keto style of course!) OR you can buy a store-bought variety like Kensington’s brand.
Hamburger zucchini casserole is a popular keto ground mince recipe on our website, you can either click on the link to all of the details about that specific recipe, OR we do include the full instructions for the recipe at the very bottom of this post in the recipe card for you to print-off!
Making a big healthy low carb taco salad is always a great menu idea whether you’re making it for lunch, dinner, or meal prepping for the week. This is hands down one of our personal favorite low carb ground beef recipes! So easy! It’s easy to make it with hamburger meat OR use ground chicken, turkey, or shredded meats too.
If you’re a stuff pepper lover which traditionally has a keto hamburger recipe mixed with veggies, cheese, and sauce and stuffed into a bell pepper…you might even like the stuffed pepper soup version even better! We swap the usual rice with cauliflower rice and leave out the cheese, which honestly is still just as tasty.
Our popular green bean casserole with hamburger is great any time of year but especially in the fall since it gives off Thanksgiving flavors.
Here’s a list of even more low carb and ketogenic ground beef recipes for you to try separated by cooking style! Enjoy!
Beef Instant Pot Recipes
Making keto and low carb soup recipes in an instant pot has been my new favorite way to enjoy a hearty bowl of healthy soup. In a super short amount of time, you can have a bowl of comforting keto soup that tastes like its been simmering on the stove all day long.
- Instant Pot Keto Beef Stroganoff
- Low Carb Instant Pot Big Mac Soup
- Low Carb Instant Pot Meat Loaf
- Instant Pot Keto Indian Kheema
- Beef and Kale Soup
Beef Crockpot Recipes
Using a crockpot or slow cooker to make keto soups is a favorite for sure. So easy to just put the ingredients in the pot before you leave in the morning, and when you come home at night…tada! Soup’s on!
- Low Carb Crockpot Pizza Casserole
- Keto Unstuffed Cabbage Roll Soup
- Slow Cooker Taco Soup
- Low Carb Shepherd’s Pie
- Low Carb Crockpot Meatballs in Marinara Sauce
Ground Beef Oven/Stove Recipes
Although cooking in an instant pot or your slow cooker is handy dandy for busy weeknights, having a selection of go-to easy oven and stovetop dishes that cook up lightning-fast is important too.
Many of these take less than 30 minutes from start to finish!
- Keto Beef Cabbage Casserole
- Eggroll in a Bowl
- Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Salad
- Mexican Zucchini Beef Skillet
- Keto Cuban Picadillo
- Cauliflower Ground Beef Hash
Be sure to pin the keto ground beef recipes post for later on Pinterest so you can find it again!
V V V
- 1 lb of ground beef (80/20)
- 2 tsp garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 3 cups sliced zucchini
- 1/4 cup beef or chicken broth
- 1/3 cup sour cream (full fat)
- 2 Tbsp cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce (or coconut aminos for GF)
- 1.5 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a cast-iron skillet, cook the hamburger on medium heat until it's browned. Remove ground beef and drain grease, leaving 1 Tbsp of the grease in the skillet to use to saute the vegetables.
- In the same skillet, cook the chopped onions over medium heat until they start to soften, which will take just a few minutes. Add the minced garlic and cook it for 1 more minute.
- Add the zucchini and broth to the pan and cook until the zucchini is soft.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low add the cream cheese and then sour cream.
- Add the ground beef back to the pan along with the salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce and stir the ingredients.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top.
- Place the entire dish in the oven and broil for 2 minutes until the cheese is browned and melted. Or, add the lid to skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes until the cheese melts. Using the stovetop, your cheddar cheese won't be crispy, but it will melt.
- Ground turkey or chicken can be used instead of ground beef.
- Use any type of shredded cheese instead of cheddar, but be sure to shred the cheese from a block to cut back on carbs.
- If you don't have a cast-iron skillet or other oven-safe pan, be sure to transfer the casserole to an oven-safe dish before broiling.
- Cut the zucchini back to 2 cups if you want to reduce the carbs in the dish.
- Use only full-fat sour cream and cream cheese to keep the carbs lower.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 425Total Fat 29gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 116mgSodium 638mgCarbohydrates 9gNet Carbohydrates 7gFiber 2gSugar 5gProtein 32g