These 3 ingredient keto peanut butter cookies are about to become your best friend! With a mix of creamy, natural peanut butter, powdered erythritol, and a single egg, you can enjoy these quick and simple low carb peanut butter cookies in just 15-minutes! It's a Whole Lotta Yum!
Keto Peanut Butter Cookies
Peanut butter cookies are always a family favorite! There is something about the simplicity of the cookie, or maybe the fork pattern on top, that always makes them a great choice.
But, since my husband started following a keto eating plan (and I want to support him) I've been on a quest to transform our family's favorite desserts into low-carb options that both hit that sweet notes that we know and love love, while also keep the carbs-counts low.
Making 3 ingredient keto peanut butter cookies seemed like the perfect recipe to adapt to our healthy lifestyle. We love these keto peanut butter cookies so much, we even served them as my birthday dessert with Halo top keto-friendly ice cream on the side.
It's not always easy, and often takes a few attempts, but I think I hit this one out of the park! We've experimented with Swerve powdered sugar, Swerve granulated sugar, and even Swerve golden brown sugar to compare and contrast how the change in sweetener impacts the recipe.
Even without the use of traditional peanut butter cookie ingredients, these keto peanut butter cookies will leave you begging for more - and possibly adjusting tomorrows eating plan to allow room. 😉
Why You'll Love This!
- It's quick and easy! With just three simple ingredients, common in any keto kitchen, you can enjoy these love carb peanut butter cookies in just 15-minutes - start to finish!
- With NO FLOUR anywhere, these 3 ingredient keto peanut butter cookies work for many eating plans that have you reducing carbs and avoiding processed ingredients.
- Creamy peanut butter and a quality sugar substitute combine to give you the taste you know and love, without all the added carbs of traditional cookie recipes.
- Our peanut butter cookie recipe is perfect for anyone trying to stick with keto, low-carb, gluten-free, sugar-free, and dairy-free lifestyles.
- Perfect for bake sales, cookie swaps, an office party, or simply because you are in the mood for something sweet.
One of my favorite things about this recipe (besides being just 3 ingredients) is that it uses items that are always in my house! No need to grab something new or specific for this one. Just grab your favorite mixing bowl, preheat the oven, and get ready to bake.
- natural peanut butter
- powdered erythritol
- vanilla (optional)
- Peanut Butter - For a variation try chunky peanut butter or other types of nut butters like almond, sunflower, or a mixed nut butter.
Step by Step Instructions
You are going to create your 3 ingredient keto peanut butter cookies in just 3 easy steps!
Preheat your oven to 350. Be sure your rack is in the middle position in your oven.
Combine your peanut butter, erythritol, and egg in a medium-sized bowl using your favorite spatula.
Add in the optional vanilla here as well (just make sure you are using quality vanilla rather than the imitation stuff). Mix until just combined.
Next, line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Scoop your dough and roll into balls, about 1-inch in diameter.
Press lightly with a fork for the classic criss-cross pattern!
Place in your preheated oven and bake for 9-10 minutes. I prefer to cook my cookies on the lower end creating a softer finished product. However, as long as you don't exceed 10-minutes, they will still be delicious!
Allow your keto peanut butter cookies to cool for a few minutes before placing them on a cooling rack.
- Adding in ½ to 1 teaspoon of vanilla will up the flavor-factor of these cookies, however it is completely optional!
- Be sure to pre-heat the oven before you dig out your ingredients! This recipe whips up in no time flat.
- Using a cookie scoop will ensure your peanut butter cookies are uniform in size and bake evenly.
- Allowing your egg to come up to room temperature will make it easier to combine.
- Top with crushed peanuts before baking to add a little extra crunch to your cookies.
- This is a great recipe if you are looking to introduce your kids to baking! Super simple and easy for little hands.
Store your keto peanut butter cookies in an airtight container or zippered bag to keep them fresh for up to 5 days.
Oh yes, you can! After allowing your 3 ingredient keto peanut butter cookies to cool completely, place them in the freezer in a single layer for 20-30 minutes. Then transfer them to a storage container or freezer bag and save them for later.
Meaning... you could always whip up a double batch today and freeze half for later.
More Keto Desserts
Looking for more keto dessert recipes?
- Keto Blondies
- Keto Raspberry Custard Pie
- Keto Creme Brulee
- Keto Chocolate Mousse
- Keto Whipped Cream
- Keto Pumpkin Pie