With just 3 ingredients, these easy gluten free peanut butter cookies will become your favorite quick and simple dessert. If you have about 20 minutes and 3 super common kitchen ingredients, you can create these flourless peanut butter cookies.
Why This Recipe Works
As someone who can't eat gluten or dairy, these gluten-free peanut butter cookies are my go to when I'm craving something sweet that's super easy to make.
I was so sure this gluten free peanut butter cookie was just like the real thing, that I actually made them for my birthday and served them to my guests who had no idea they were enjoying flourless peanut butter cookies - until I told them!
- With no flour in the recipe, there is no need to shop for a specialty flour such as almond flour or coconut flour.
- Containing just 3 common kitchen ingredients, you can easily create your flourless peanut butter cookies anytime you feel like it.
- Perfect for cookie swaps, bake sales, and other events where food-sensitivity items are requested.
- With just a couple of quick swaps, you can easily make these amazing gluten free peanut butter cookies paleo or keto (instructions on how to do that is below!).
- The cookies are also dairy free and vegetarian
These gluten-free and dairy-free peanut butter cookies only require 3 ingredients! Super simple and definitely items that are already in your kitchen.
- creamy peanut butter - feel free to swap crunchy or even try a different type of nut butter
- granulated sugar - brown sugar will also work and will give the cookies a stronger molasses flavor
- large egg
During the holiday we use the gluten-free peanut butter cookies as a base and add a Hershey's kiss on top. To make this version, just shape the dough into small balls, and on the baking pan, press the Hershey's kiss down into the ball.
Here are a few simple swaps if you have other diet considerations in your household.
Low carb- Swap out the sugar for Swerve, erythritol, or Lakanto monk fruit. Using a natural peanut butter without the addition of sugar will also reduce the carb count.
Paleo - while peanut butter isn't paleo, almonds are and you can use almond butter instead
Step by Step Instructions
To start, preheat your oven to 350F degrees and make sure your rack is in the center of your oven. Grab your favorite cookie sheet and line it with some parchment paper.
In a medium-sized mixing bowl combine your peanut butter, sugar, and egg and stir until just combined.
Now that your 3 ingredients are combined, begin rolling out your batter into balls about 1-inch in diameter. This should yield you about 16 cookies.
Using a fork, gently smoosh the balls to create that classic criss-cross pattern that tells everyone these are gluten free peanut butter cookies!
Bake in your pre-heated oven for 8-9 minutes. Allow your cookies to cool for a few minutes before digging in! 😉 To store, simply use either an airtight container or a zipper bag.
Just a few tips and tricks to make sure your gluten free peanut butter cookies turn out perfectly!
- Use natural peanut butter instead of regular peanut butter to make these cookies even healthier than they already are.
- Use chunky peanut butter instead of creamy to add a little extra crunch to your cookies.
- Mix things up by using other nut butters including sun butter and almond butter.
- Add some mini-chocolate chips or dip half of the cookie in melted chocolate for an extra-special cookie.
- Instead of using a fork for the criss-cross pattern, consider adding a Hershey's kiss to the top of your cookies. Bake as usual.
Are All Brands of Peanut Butter Gluten-Free?
Yes, all brands of peanut butter should be gluten-free, making these flourless peanut butter cookies a fantastic option when you are looking for a sweet treat! As always, double check the label but peanut butter typically contains NO gluten.
Can I Freeze Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies?
Yes, you can absolutely freeze these peanut butter cookies. Simply allow them to cool then place in the freezer for 20-30 minutes in a single layer. Once they are frozen, store them in an airtight container or zipper bag.
More Gluten-Free Desserts
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Fat Bombs
- Creme Brulee (Gluten-Free and Sugar-Free)
- Raspberry Custard Pie (Gluten-Free)
- Gluten-Free Blondies
- Baked peaches recipe
If you enjoyed this gluten free dairy free cookies post, be sure to follow us on
And be sure to pin the recipe for later on Pinterest so you can easily get back to it!
V V V
We'd Love to Hear From You!
Have questions or feedback? Please ask questions or post feedback on the post comments.
Tap That Recipe Review Star! Be sure to leave a review after you make the gluten-free peanut butter cookie recipe or just tap the star rating you'd give the recipe!
Show Us Those Photos! Be sure to upload your gluten-free peanut butter cookies photos on the Pinterest pin and/or tag us on Instagram at @wholelotta.yum! We LOVE featuring reader recipes!