No bake chocolate peanut butter fat bombs are a quick and easy keto sweet treat that makes either the perfect low-carb dessert or a snack. Made with peanut butter, cream cheese, and no-sugar sweetener, and topped with chocolate, these tasty 3 ingredient peanut butter balls need just 10-minutes of prep work before they are ready for your freezer. Our cream cheese peanut butter fat bombs are the perfect WHOLE LOTTA YUM treat!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Fat Bombs
My husband has been following a keto diet for about 1.5 years, and while we’re very familiar with fat bombs, until wasn’t until I started playing around with recipes in the kitchen that we realized what we’d been missing out on!
I was honestly blown away by the simplicity of the no bake chocolate peanut butter fat bombs and could not believe how just a few simple ingredients could taste like chocolate peanut butter cheesecake in just 5 minutes!
We love to use these cream cheese peanut butter fat bombs as a quick and easy afternoon snack or as a decadent dessert, especially on those days when we know we have not consumed enough fat so far. Full of flavor, each 3 ingredient fat bomb has 14-grams of fat.
Why You’ll Love This!
- Made with common kitchen ingredients, our no bake chocolate peanut butter fat bombs are perfect for anyone who is trying to stick to a low-carb lifestyle but still wants to enjoy a sweet treat.
- No-sugar sweetener is the secret ingredient that keeps your peanut butter chocolate fat bombs low-carb.
- Our cream cheese peanut butter fat bombs are keto-friendly, low-carb, gluten-free, sugar-free, and vegetarian.
- Ready in no time, if you have 10-minutes you can whip up a batch and have it ready for the freezer!
It’s hard to believe that something as tasty as a keto chocolate peanut butter fat bomb would only have 4 ingredients! The peanut butter balls are basically a peanut butter fat bomb on their own and then they get rolled in crushed chocolate.
- cream cheese, softened
- natural peanut butter, softened
- powdered monk fruit sweetener
- no sugar baking chocolate or chocolate chips (Lily’s stevia-sweetened)
Our favorite no sugar sweetener is by Lakanto, which is a monk fruit erythritol blend.
- We’ve experimented with many batches of fat bombs and one important note about the Swerve powdered sugar…IF you’re just wanting the peanut butter fat bomb balls without the chocolate, cut the Swerve back to 2 Tbsp. If you’re making this recipe as is with them rolled in the semi-sweet or dark chocolate, then use 3 Tbsp of Swerve powdered confectioners sugar.
Step By Step Instructions
Making these no-bake chocolate peanut butter balls is super simple. After softening the cream cheese and peanut butter, we are going to combine it with no-sugar sweetener, roll, and top with chocolate. From there, it’s time to chill and then enjoy.
Soften the cream cheese and the natural peanut butter in the microwave for 15 seconds on high.
Crush the chocolate into small bits.
In a small bowl, mix the peanut butter, cream cheese, and powdered monk fruit or erythritol.
With clean hands, roll the dough into 1.5-2″ tbsp size balls.
Roll the peanut butter balls into crushed chocolate.
Chill the keto peanut butter chocolate fat bombs in the freezer on a baking tray covered with parchment paper for 2 hours.
Store the keto chocolate peanut butter fat bombs in the freezer for firmer balls or in the fridge for softer fat bombs.
- Feel free to use either Lily’s semi-sweet chocolate or dark chocolate, either the baking bars or chips.
- Mix in Lily’s chocolate chips with the peanut butter balls for an even stronger chocolate taste.
- A nut grinder or mini food prep chops the chocolate into little bits super quickly.
- Be sure the cream cheese and peanut butter are softened for easy mixing.
- Substitute your favorite nut butter for the peanut butter.
- Make the balls even smaller if you’d rather make pop in your mouth size.
- Cut back on the sweetener if you prefer your desserts lightly sweet.
While many might prefer to call these tasty keto sweet treats no-bake chocolate peanut butter balls, in keto circles they’re commonly known by the term “fat bomb.”
What is a fat bomb you might be asking? Fat bombs are a small high-fat keto snack or dessert that can be sweet or savory, which helps you make sure you’re eating enough fat on the keto diet. Many fat bomb recipes use cream cheese as the fat source, but it could also come from (or be mixed with) ingredients like butter, coconut oil, shredded cheese, or guacamole.
Eating fat, especially when it’s paired with high protein keeps you full and makes it easier to stick to a ketogenic diet plan. Trust me, while these keto cream cheese peanut butter fat bombs are delicious and taste just like peanut butter cheesecake, ONE is plenty to tide you over until your next meal or to stop sugar cravings in their tracks.
You can store your fat bombs in the fridge in a covered container for 2-3 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Yes, fat bombs really work. They are meant to be used as a keto-friendly snack or treat that gives you the necessary fats to keep you full. They are meant to be eaten in moderation, however, they are very much a worthwhile part of the keto diet.
More Keto Desserts
Looking for more keto desserts?
- Keto Chocolate Mint Buttons
- Sugar-Free Chocolate Covered Almonds (Keto)
- Keto Rum Balls
- Microwave Keto Peanut Butter Fudge
- Keto peanut butter cookies
- Keto blondies
- Keto chocolate mousse.
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter, softened
- 3 tbsp powdered monk fruit or erythritol
- 3 oz no sugar baking chocolate or chocolate chips (Lily's stevia sweetened)
- Soften the cream cheese and the natural peanut butter in the microwave for 15 seconds on high.
- Crush the chocolate into small bits.
- In a small bowl mix the peanut butter, cream cheese, and powdered monk fruit or erythritol.
- With clean hands, roll the dough into 1.5-2" tbsp size balls.
- Roll the peanut butter balls into crushed chocolate.
- Chill the keto peanut butter chocolate fat bombs in the freezer on a baking tray covered with parchment paper for 2 hours.
- Store the keto chocolate peanut butter fat bombs in the freezer for firmer balls or in the fridge for softer fat bombs.
- Makes 12. Enjoy!
- Feel free to use either Lily's semi-sweet chocolate or dark chocolate, either the baking bars or chips
- Mix in Lily's chocolate chips with the peanut butter balls for an even stronger chocolate taste
- A nut grinder or mini food prep chops the chocolate into little bits super quickly
- Be sure the cream cheese and peanut butter are softened for easy mixing
- Substitute your favorite nut butter for the peanut butter
- Make the balls even smaller if you'd rather make pop in your mouth size
- Cut back on the sweetener if you prefer your desserts lightly sweet
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Powdered Monkfruit 2:1 Sugar Substitute
Semi-Sweet Baking Chips by Lily's Sweets | Stevia Sweetened, No Added Sugar, Low-Carb, Keto-Friendly | Fair Trade, Gluten-Free & Non-GMO | 9 oz, 3-Pack, 9 oz, 3-Pack
Lily's Chocolate Sampler 9 Pack (1 of each),(Original, Coconut, Crispy Rice,Almond, Creamy Milk,Salted Almond& Milk,Extra Dark,Blood Orange, Sea Salt)
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 193Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 19mgSodium 100mgCarbohydrates 6gNet Carbohydrates 2gFiber 2gSugar Alcohols 2gProtein 4g