A baked peaches recipe that seriously takes like peach pie, yet it comes together in just a few minutes. Roasted peaches will seriously become your new favorite summer peach dessert recipe.
Warm and gooey right out of the oven, our easy 10-minute baked peach recipe is the perfect end to just about any meal. It’s a WHOLE LOTTA YUM!
Baked Peach Recipe
We happen to have the best neighbor. You see, he has this huge peach tree and every summer he gifts up a large bag of fresh, homegrown peaches.
This works out well for my husband, as peaches happen to be his favorite fruit. And even though he eats keto the majority of the year, peaches are one of his few weaknesses. Whether he is eating them fresh from the bag or we are in the kitchen creating a dish, he will make room for this orange fruit.
Learn how to make baked peaches or roasted peaches, topped with butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon- we guarantee it’ll become a new summer favorite! We have tried them topped with granola and almond slices, but there is something about the simplicity of peaches, butter, and brown sugar. It caramelizes in the oven and reminds us of a classic peach pie – only much faster to make.
Why You’ll Love This!
- Simple to create yet full of flavor, this baked peaches recipe makes the perfect healthy dessert whether you are serving a crowd or simply enjoying a quiet evening at home.
- Since you are not filling a pie crust you can easily roast the exact number of peaches you need with ease.
- Baked peaches take just 10-12 minutes to bake! That’s a fraction of what a pie would take to cook.
- As-is, our baked peach dessert recipe is gluten-free and vegetarian! And, a couple of easy modifications can have this dish adapted to additional food lifestyles (see adaptations below).
Love peaches? Then you’ll also love our caramelized peach sauce, peach crisp, and burrata peach salad.
Fresh peaches are the only way to go when it comes to making this baked peaches recipe. In order to have your roasted peaches dessert come out of the oven looking like a pan full of fruity goodness, you will need to start with intact peaches that you can half and pit yourself, leaving the skin on.
- peaches – cut the peaches in half with the pit removed, keep the skin on
- salted butter
- dark brown sugar – light can also be used, as can coconut sugar, honey, maple syrupe or low carb substitutes.
- Sprinkle with ground cinnamon
- optional toppings – whipped cream, vanilla ice cream, drizzle of fresh cream, caramel sauce, granola
- Low-Carb – To make a low-carb baked peaches dessert use either golden monkfruit or brown erythritol in place of the brown sugar. Top with this keto whipped cream and voila – low-carb baked peaches! 🙂
- Dairy-Free or Vegan – Use an approved butter substitute.
How to Roast Peaches – Step by Step
This roasted peaches recipe may look impressive and possibly intimidating, but I promise you it isn’t! You will be amazed at how quick and easy this crowd-pleasing dessert comes together.
To begin, preheat oven to 375F and make sure the oven rack is in the center of the oven.
Wash and dry the peaches, then cut the peaches in half to remove the pits.
***Note: You do need to keep the outer peel on the peaches for baking. While typically for a peach pie you’d want to peel the peaches before baking, when you’re making baked peaches, you keep the peel on. Why you might wonder? It helps to keep the peach half shape as the peaches break down with baking. Without the peel to help keep the fruit intact, you’d just end up with blobs of cooked peaches!
Place the 8 peach halves in a baking dish.
Top each peach half with 1/2 tsp salted butter and 1 teaspoon dark brown sugar.
Sprinkle the peaches with ground cinnamon.
Bake your prepared peaches at 375 degrees F for 10-12 minutes until the inside of the peach can be easily pierced with a fork. The timing will vary based on how ripe your peaches are.
Serve the baked peaches warm as-is or with whipping cream or vanilla ice cream. Caramel sauce and granola also make a great addition!
- Be sure you are working with fresh, ripe peaches. Not too firm, not too soft.
- Wash and dry them but make sure you leave the skin on the peach halves.
- Experiment with additional baking toppings such as rolled oats or almond slices.
- If serving your baked peaches a group be sure to offer a variety of additional toppings such as whipped cream, caramel sauce, additional cinnamon, roasted almonds, and a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
We don’t recommend using canned peaches to make this dessert as the skin is necessary for baking but you of course can cook canned peaches as a peach crisp.
In small amounts, peaches can be part of a keto lifestyle. With 8-grams of net carbs per serving, you are going to have to watch your carbohydrate intake carefully, but you can include them in your keto eating plan.
Peaches are a relatively low-carb fruit, so in moderation, they can be a part of a low-carb lifestyle. To make a low-carb version of this baked peaches recipes, simply use a low-carb brown sugar substitute such as monkfruit or brown erythritol. Top with a keto whipped cream and enjoy!
More Peach Recipes
- How to blanch peaches
- Peach crisp in a cast iron skillet
- Burrata peach salad
- Skillet peaches
- 4 peaches cut in half, pit removed
- 4 tsp butter
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- Sprinkle with cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 375F and make sure the oven rack is in the center of the oven.
- Wash and dry the peaches, then cut them in half to remove the pits. Be sure to leave the peel on the peaches to help them keep their shape during cooking.
- Place the 8 peach halves in a baking dish.
- Top each peach half with 1/2 tsp butter and 1 teaspoon dark brown sugar. Sprinkle with a dash of cinnamon.
- Bake on 375 for 10-12 minutes until the inside of the peach can be easily pierced with a fork.
- Serve the baked peaches warm as is or with whipping cream or vanilla ice cream. Caramel sauce also makes a great addition!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Primal Kitchen 3 Pack Organic and Unsweetned Barbeque & Steak Sauce - Whole 30 Approved, Keto, Paleo Friendly - Includes: Classic BBQ, Golden BBQ, and Steak Sauce
Corning Ware "French White" (1.5 Qt.) Oval Casserole Baking Dish (F-6-B)
KOOV Ceramic Pie Pan, 9 Inches Pie Plate, Pie Dish for Dessert Kitchen, Round Baking Dish for Dinner, Reactive Glaze (Nebula Blue)
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 161Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 10mgSodium 35mgCarbohydrates 32gFiber 3gSugar 29gProtein 2g
And be sure to pin the recipe for later on Pinterest so you can easily get back to it!
V V V