Valentine's Day chocolate covered strawberries make the easiest romantic dessert for special occasions. In less than 15 minutes you'll know how to make chocolate covered strawberries with a variety of garnishes such as sprinkles, nuts, and coconut plus we show you how to make a low carb no sugar option too. It's a WHOLE LOTTA YUM!
✅ Get our FREE healthy meal prep printables + meal plan! 🥑
If you've been wondering how to make chocolate covered strawberries for Valentine's Day, rest assured, it's much faster than ordering them and picking them up. Plus your loved one will appreciate the homemade gesture even more than the store-bought variety.
Chocolate covered strawberries always seem to be a favorite on Valentine's Day but the grocery store cost makes them a rare treat. You'll honestly be so shocked at how easy it is to make your own chocolate dipped strawberries, you seriously won't ever buy store-bought ones again!
Why You'll Love This!
- Nothing says romance quite like chocolate dipped strawberries, even better they take less than 20 minutes.
- We make these as easy as possible by microwaving the chocolate instead of using the stovetop.
- We show you how to dip a variety of garnishes and how to make white or pink chocolate dipped strawberries too.
- Valentine's Day chocolate covered strawberries are easy to make sugar-free, vegan, and keto chocolate covered strawberries too.
With just 3 ingredients, it'll be tough to find an easier dessert than Valentine's chocolate covered strawberries! You can make them as simple or fancy as you want, dipping them in sprinkles, shredded coconut, chopped nuts, or cocoa powder is easy too.
- semi sweet chocolate chips- Your favorite brand will work here, dark chocolate chips, or milk chocolate too. You could also use baker's chocolate bars and break them up into small chunks to melt them.
- coconut oil - another type of neutral oil could be used in its place.
- fresh strawberries - make as few or as many as you like!
- garnishes - heart shaped sprinkles, chopped nuts, shredded coconut, or Dutch process cocoa powder are all great garnishes.
- Make them sugar free and keto friendly - last year we made these with keto friendly chocolate chips and they turned out fantastic! Our favorite brands are Lakanto or Lilly's brand keto semi sweet chocolate chips.
- Use white chocolate to make to make white or pink strawberries, dip the chocolate in melted white chocolate or use white chocolate to drizzle over the top. To make pink-tinted melted chocolate, melt white chocolate and add a drop or two of red food coloring until it's the desired shade of pink you're looking for.
- If you have chocolate left over, the melted chocolate also works great with almonds, raspberries, or other types of nuts. Or pour it into a candy mold and make chocolate candy shapes.
- Medium sized mixing bowl
- Cookie sheet
- Parchment paper or foil
How to Make Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Making the Valentine's chocolate dipped strawberries are a piece of cake ~ seriously! Just wash the berries, pat them dry, microwave the chocolate, and dip!
Wash the Berries
Rinse the strawberries and pat them dry with paper towels. Be sure to dry each berry or else the melted chocolate won't stick.
Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
Melt the Chocolate
Add the chocolate chips and coconut oil to a medium-sized bowl. Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave, stirring after every 30 seconds until they're completely melted, this will take about 2-2 ½ minutes in total.
Dip & Cool
Hanging onto the green stem, the strawberries ⅔ of the way into the melted chocolate, letting the excess chocolate drip back into the bowl.
As an optional step, before the chocolate hardens you can dip the chocolate strawberries in cocoa powder, sprinkles, or shredded coconut.
Lay the chocolate-covered strawberries on parchment paper.
Once you've finished dipping all of the strawberries, put the baking pan in the fridge until the chocolate hardens for at least ½ hour.
If you want to drizzle chocolate or white chocolate over the berries, refrigerate the covered strawberries first until the chocolate hardens before drizzling the chocolate over the top.
Put the decorated strawberries back in the fridge until they're ready to serve.
Valentine's chocolate strawberries are best served the day they're dipped. The stem will dry out and start to shrivel by the next day, but the strawberries themselves will last 2-3 days in the fridge.
More Healthy Dessert Recipes
If you love our Valentine strawberries, then you'll love our other healthy dessert recipes too.
- Sugar-free chocolate covered almonds
- Flourless chocolate cake with cocoa powder
- Low carb blondies
- Gluten free peanut butter cookies (3 Ingredients)