These sugar-free chocolate covered almonds are a seriously addicting snack that is perfect for your upcoming holiday or late-night snack attacks. Made with whole almonds, dark chocolate, and low-carb sweetener, this sweet and salty snack will satisfy without wrecking your healthy eating plans. Create a little or create a lot, this chocolatey snack takes just 10-minutes and is a WHOLE LOTTA YUM!
Keto Chocolate Almonds
If you have a Trader Joes near you maybe you've discovered their sea salt chocolate covered almonds. Oh my, they're so addicting! Our keto chocolate almonds or keto almond clusters, depending on how you're making them, will seriously satisfy your cravings if you're also addicted to the Trader Joes variety.
Made with fresh, whole almonds, dark chocolate, sea salt, and a low-carb sweetener, these sugar-free chocolate covered almonds are the perfect snack for every healthy diet! Low-carb, keto, gluten-free, sugar-free, and dairy-free eaters alike can all enjoy these chocolate covered almonds.
Not only do these sugar-free chocolate covered almonds work for every dietary lifestyle, but they are also the perfect snack for every occasion. Whether you are sharing with your office and co-workers, making a batch for a dessert table, or simply looking for a healthy late-night snack option, low-carb chocolate covered almonds will fit the bill.
Why You'll Love This Keto Chocolate Recipe
- This no-bake dessert needs just 10-minutes of prep work!
- Our sugar-free chocolate covered almonds are made with keto-friendly dark chocolate and a low-carb sweetener keeping the carbs super low per serving.
- Perfectly balancing our sweet chocolate covered almonds is sea salt, giving you the best in sweet and salty snacking.
Whole roasted almonds, keto dark chocolate, low-carb sweetener, and sea salt are just what you need to create these amazing no-bake sugar-free chocolate covered almonds.
- whole almonds - roasted unsalted nuts. You can also use whole almonds that haven't been roasted, but you'll need to bake them briefly before continuing with the recipe
- keto dark chocolate baking bar - we recommend Lily's
- powdered erythritol- powdered monk fruit works great too
- sweetener to sprinkle over the top
- sea salt
- Keto- to keep this recipe keto, be sure you are using keto-approved dark chocolate as well as a keto sweetener.
Step by Step Instructions
Sugar-free chocolate covered almonds is one of the easiest recipes you will find! We are simply going to melt the chocolate, add some sweetener, then add the almonds.
Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
Break the 2 keto-friendly dark chocolate baking bars into large chunks. Add the pieces to a small glass mixing bowl.
Microwave the chocolate in 30-second increments, stirring the chocolate after each time. Keep doing this until the chocolate is completely melted.
Add the almonds and the sweetener to the melted chocolate and stir until completely combined.
With a small cookie scoop or spoon, group the sugar free chocolate covered almonds into small mounds and place them on the baking sheet.
Instead of making keto chocolate clusters, you can also make individual chocolate covered almonds by laying them one almond at a time on the baking sheet.
To speed up hardening the chocolate, place the cookie sheet in the fridge for an hour.
***Note: The healthy chocolate covered almonds do not require refrigeration, but the fridge is still the best place to store the candy so it doesn't melt.
- Break up your chocolate bars to help them melt faster and more evenly.
- Speaking of melting chocolate, be sure to use small time allotments and stir to combine every time.
- Microwave your chocolate only as long as necessary and watch it closely to avoid burning it.
- We recommend using roasted almonds because they are ready to eat. However, if you opt for raw almonds you can easily toast them by placing them in a 300F oven for 10-12 minutes.
- You can also make chocolate dipped strawberries or raspberries in place of nuts.
Absolutely! Any nut you love covered in chocolate and sea salt will work, just watch the carb content of some nuts if you are following keto as some nuts are high in carbohydrates.
No, chocolate covered almonds can be left out at room temperature. Refrigerate until you are ready to serve to prevent the chocolate from melting.
Stored in an air tight container, your chocolate covered almonds will be good for up to 3 weeks.
More Keto Candy Recipes
Are you looking for more keto candy recipes? Check out these amazing options!
- Keto peanut butter fudge
- Keto candied pecans
- Peanut butter chocolate fat bombs
- Keto rum balls
- Valentine's Day chocolate covered strawberries (low carb option)