These crispy cajun dry rub wings are just what your dinner needs! Oven-baked, our cajun style dry rub wings are always crispy and juicy, with just the right amount of spicy to make you feel like you are down on the bayou. So grab your chicken wing and your favorite cajun seasoning and ready to bring a WHOLE LOTTA YUM to your dinner table.
Cajun Dry Rub Chicken Wings
We sure love a good chicken wing in our home, be it savory or spicy! And when we decided to grab the cajun seasoning and toss some wings, then bake them in the oven to crispy perfection, it was every man for himself as these wings disappeared faster than we could make them.
Thankfully, with just a few minutes of prep time, another batch of these cajun dry rub wings can be in the oven and one step closer to our plates.
The only challenge we had was deciding if we wanted to top our cajun dry run chicken wings with sauce or leave them dry.
These cajun style dry rub wings are a super easy dinner and they pair well with a variety of options, whether you want to make additional appetizers such as jalapeno poppers and mozarella sticks, or perhaps a simple dinner of cajun wings, potato wedges, and roasted broccoli is more your style. No matter how you choose to serve them, your cajun dry rub wings are a perfect choice.
Why You'll Love This!
- These cajun dry rub wings can be prepped and in the oven in under 10-minutes leaving you free to work on other things.
- Serve these crisp and delicious over baked cajun style wings as-is or top them with your favorite hot sauce for extra kick.
- Our cajun dry rub chicken wings are the best option when you are looking for crispy wings but still want to stay in line with your gluten-free, low-carb, or keto lifestyle.
- This whole recipe needs just 3 ingredients!
Do you love cooking with cajun seasoning? Be sure to try our cajun air fryer shrimp recipe that is ready in less than 10-minutes!
With just 3 ingredients to the whole recipe, this cajun dry rub wing recipe could not be any easier in terms of ingredients or the cooking process!
- chicken wings - cut into drumsticks or wingettes
- olive oil
- cajun seasoning
- hot wing sauce (optional)
To make the cajun dry rub wings crispy, add 1 tablespoon of baking powder to the wings when you add the cajun seasoning and olive oil. Increase the oil to 2 tablespoon total to make sure the wings get well coated.
- Keto - If you're following a keto or low carb lifestyle check the labels when using store-bought cajun seasoning. The N'awlins brand we purchased has 0 carbs per serving.
Step by Step Instructions
Season, bake, and flip - your cajun dry rub chicken wings recipe is truly that easy to make.
Preheat the oven to 425 F and put the rack in the center position.
If you have whole wings, separate them into drumsticks and wingettes.
Blot the wings dry with paper towels.
In a medium-sized mixing bowl add the wings, olive oil, and cajun seasoning.
Stir to combine and evenly distribute the seasoning on the wings.
Evenly space the wings out on a baking sheet with the skin side up.
Bake the wings for 15 minutes and then turn them over.
Continue baking the cajun dry rub chicken wings for an additional 10+ minutes until they're crispy and browned to your liking.
Serve as-is or brush hot wing sauce on at the end after baking like Frank's wing sauce or buffalo wing sauce to make them extra spicy!
- Be sure to preheat your oven while you are preparing the wings so they begin cooking and crisping as soon as you place them in the oven.
- Blotting your wings dry with a paper towel before seaoning them helps the oil and cajun seasoning to stick to the wings.
- Flipping the wings after 15 minutes of cooking is essential for even cooking.
- Purchasing precut party wings at the store makes the recipe even easier as they typically come already separated into dumette and wingette pieces.
Cajun dry rub wings are a food that is easily paired with most anything. You can go with appetizer favorites including jalapeno poppers and mozarella sticks, or some easy sides such as potato wedges, and roasted broccoli.
In fact, the only wrong way to serve a chicken wing is to not serve them at all. 😉
To air fry cajun chicken wings, preheat the air fryer to 400 F for 5 minutes. Air fry them in a single layer for a total of 18+ minutes until cooked through and crispy to your liking. Flip halfway through the cooking time.
You can store any leftover cajun dry rub chicken wings in the fridge in a covered container for up to 4 days.
More Chicken Wings Recipes
Looking for more chicken wing recipes?
- Air Fryer Boneless Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Whole Chicken Wings
- Dry Rub Baked Chicken Wings Recipe
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings Dry Rub
- Pan Fried Chicken Wings
- Frozen Chicken Wings in Air Fryer Recipe
- Chicken Wings in the Air Fryer