Air Fryer Boneless Chicken Wings are SO easy and a perfect party treat. They cook in under 15 minutes, and you have a whole world of sauces to choose from. Sweet, spicy, tangy! What more could you ask for? It's a WHOLE LOTTA YUM!
Frozen Boneless Wings in Air Fryer
Boneless wings are always a fan favorite, especially when watching the big game on TV, or hosting your kid's soccer team! These easy air fryer boneless chicken wings aka boneless chicken bites are the perfect finger food to add some flavor to your event. Skip ordering the wildly overpriced boneless wings from a restaurant and make them yourself in under 20 minutes!
Air fryer boneless chicken wings are so great because you can flavor them with whatever sauce suits you. My favorite is going for a mild or medium buffalo sauce, complimented with some blue cheese for dipping and some fresh celery and carrots on the side.
Why You'll Love This!
- No prep means you can make these frozen boneless wings in no time, and without dirtying your entire kitchen.
- Since many of the wings come with the sauce packet on the side, you can substitute it for your favorite kind of sauce. No need to limit yourself to the sauce included in the box/bag.
- With a cook time of just 15 minutes, you can have these ready in no time!
- The whole recipe can be made in your air fryer! This can be great if you want to keep your kitchen clean, or free up your oven to make other delicious snacks.
If you love these frozen air fryer wings, be sure to try our other wing recipes including Air Fryer Whole Chicken Wings. Another awesome recipe that compliments party wings are these Air Fryer Potato Skins. Always a fan favorite and worth every delicious calorie.
Ingredient Notes ~ Tyson Anytizer, TGI Friday's, and More!
Most brands of frozen boneless wings come either pre-sauced like these hickory BBQ flavored Kroger brand boneless Wyngz, or with the sauce included in the box like these TGIF (TGI Fridays) boneless chicken bites. Some other options are the Tyson Any'tizer chicken bites or the Foster Farm Boneless Wyngs. Since boneless wings are not technically wings at all, it can be helpful to look for chicken bites if you are having a difficult time finding the frozen boneless wings.
- 1 lb boneless chicken wings or chicken bites - We used the TGI Friday's boneless chicken bites and the Kroger boneless wings for recipe testing. We've also made a Tyson Anytizer wings air fryer recipe with great results! ANY of these brands listed below will work, boneless wings and boneless chicken bites are essentially the same things! (Boneless chicken pieces coated in wings sauce)
Our air fryer boneless chicken bites (frozen) instructions will also work to make:
- Tyson Anytizer wings (air fryer)
- TGI Friday's Boneless Chicken Bites (air fryer)
- Member's Mark Boneless Chicken Bites (air fryer)
- Tyson Homestyle Boneless Chicken Bites (air fryer)
- Pilgrim's Blazing Chunks (air fryer)
- Frank's Boneless Chicken Bites (air fryer)
- Kroger's Yummy Frozen Wyngz (air fryer)
- Foster Farm Boneless Wings (air fryer)
- We prefer to use the frozen boneless wings that come with the sauce on the side, adding the sauce once the wings are cooked. It gives you the freedom to swap your sauce and usually gives you a crispier and better end result. NOTE I used wings with sauce on the side for this recipe.
- Ranch and Blue Cheese are the best dips to balance out the flavor of your saucy boneless chicken wings.
- Don't substitute the boneless chicken wings/chicken bites for chicken nuggets, they aren't usually made with the same seasonings and will give your wings an undesired flavor profile.
We used a Cosori 5.8 QT air fryer, but any brand of air fryer will work whether it's an air fryer basket, air fryer oven, or air fryer grill!
How to air fry boneless chicken bites
These air fryer frozen wings are so easy to pop in your air fryer, toss in some sauce and serve. Yum!
Preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees F
How long to air fry boneless chicken wings?
Place frozen wings in the basket in one layer. Be sure to space them out.
Cook for 13-15 minutes at 380 F, depending on your air fryer. Toss halfway through.
Warm Sauce in a small bowl.
Place cooked wings in a separate bowl. Pour the desired amount of sauce onto wings and toss until covered.
Serve immediately with your choice of sides. Pairs well with Rach, or blue cheese and celery.
Tips for Frozen Boneless Wings
- Our boneless chicken bites air fryer recipe will work for any brand of boneless chicken wings and boneless chicken bites! Popular brands include Tyson Anytizer wings, TGI Friday's Boneless Chicken Bites, Member's Mark Boneless Chicken Bites, Tyson Homestyle Boneless Chicken Bites, Pilgrim's Blazing Chunks, Frank's Boneless Chicken Bites, and Kroger's Yummy Frozen Wyngz.
- Some boneless wings are sold with the sauce on, and others are sold with the sauce in a separate bag. If you purchase pre-sauced boneless wings be sure to keep a close eye on them, the sauces can burn easily
- You can toss your air fryer frozen wings in whichever sauce suits you. Typically Honey BBQ and Buffalo Sauce are fan favorite and pair well with Ranch or Blue Cheese and some fresh cut celery. If you prefer to kick up the heat a notch, sub the Honey BBQ sauce for some buffalo sauce and enjoy!
- Air Fryer's cooking times tend to vary. The first time you cook these be sure to keep an eye on them to avoid overcooking.
- Storage: Store the leftover boneless chicken bites in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Freeze: Leftover boneless wings can be frozen for up to 3 months in the freezer.
- How to reheat boneless chicken wings: The best way to reheat leftover chicken bites is to air fry them. If they're covered in sauce, place parchment paper or foil at the bottom of your air fryer. Add the boneless chicken bites in a single layer and air fryer them on 380 F for 2-3 minutes until they're heated through to 165 F. You can wrap them in foil during cooking to prevent the sauce from drying out.
If you're wondering what goes with chicken wings, these air fryer boneless chicken wings pair well with celery and carrots, and a side of blue cheese or ranch. For sides, potato skins or cole slaw can be excellent compliments to your wings.
Boneless chicken wings are not technically wings. They are similar to chicken nuggets, though the breading and spices used do vary. You won't achieve the same results if you substitute chicken nuggets for chicken bites/chicken wings.
To cook Tyson Any'tizer chicken bites preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees and cook for 13-15 minutes. Keep a close eye on them the first time you make them, as all air fryers cook slightly differently and they can burn easily. Good luck!
Frozen Boneless wings take 13-15 minutes to cook in the air fryer at 380 degrees F.
More Air Fryer Chicken Wings Recipes
Looking for more air fryer chicken wing recipes? Check out these other recipes
- Air Fryer Whole Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings Dry Rub
- Frozen Chicken Wings in Air Fryer
- Chicken Wings in the Air Fryer