Quick and easy alcohol infused strawberries make the BEST treat to share with your gal pals, eat as a weekend snack when friends come over, or to serve at a party like a bridal shower. Even better? Feel free to use your favorite spirit whether it be Prosecco or hard alcohol like rum or vodka. It's a WHOLE LOTTA YUM!
Alcohol infused strawberries have been on my to do list since I started working with Jen here at Whole Lotta yum, and of course we wanted to jump on this trend while our area is producing amazing fresh and local strawberries. Alcohol, local produce and a little sugar to sweeten the deal! What more could one ask for? As I had hoped they turned out AMAZING, and definitely a Whole Lotta Yum material.
This recipe is perfect for a night in with your friends or serving at your next soiree. If you plan to prepare them to serve later, I highly recommend having them displayed with the sugar on the side for individual dipping rather than pre dipping your berries, to keep your them looking fresh and delectable. No matter where you serve these alcohol infused strawberries, they are sure to be a hit!
Why You'll Love This!
- No need to buy fancy syringes or expensive liquor to have all the desired flavor and effects of alcohol infused strawberries. Simply soak these strawberries in your favorite Prosecco and follow our easy steps, and you're in for a treat!
- Our alcohol infused strawberries are gluten free, low carb (thank you Prosecco!) and dairy free.
- The whole recipe needs just 3 ingredients!
- Our boozy strawberries recipe is so simple, it makes it easy to prepare large servings if your expecting a large number of guests! Just presoak your strawberries in Prosecco and let your guests add the sugar.
- A diet friendly indulgence! This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, and vegan and can easily be made keto friendly with one small modification.
If you love these alcohol infused strawberries as much as we did, be sure to give our Keto Chocolate Covered Strawberries and our decadent Keto Rum Balls a try. They are sure to make your mouth water!
This recipe is SO easy it only require 3 simple ingredients, a bit of spare time and a passion for infusing sweets with alcohol. Give it a try, we promise you won't regret it!
- Sugar- you can substitute for monkfruit sweetener, or turbanado sugar for less calories and a switch up in texture. Monkfruit sweeter is keto friendly with zero calories and zero carbs, while turbanado sugar also tends to have less calories than white sugar and a larger grain texture.
- Prosecco - you can create alcohol infused strawberries with pretty much any dry alcohol. Some substitutes include champagne, vodka, rum, white wine, red wine or rose.
If you are looking for a more keto friendly option, monkfruit sweetener is the way to go. The texture is comparable to white sugar, and when paired with Prosecco, a low carb alcoholic beverage, and strawberries a relatively low carb fruit, it makes the perfect keto friendly indulgence.
While Prosecco is our go to, you can create boozy strawberries with pretty much any dry alcohol. Our recommendation for substitutes would be champagne, vodka, rum, white wine, red wine or rose. Its pretty common for people to mix alcohols when making boozy strawberries, but this blogger has found that Prosecco gives the perfect elegant kick to our alcohol infused strawberries, without overpowering them.
- Keto- Simply substitute your white sugar for monkfruit sweetener.
Step by Step Instructions
Rinse strawberries in cool water. Strain and place in large bowl.
Pop your Prosecco, and pour the bottle over your strawberries until they are fully covered. strawberries tend to float, so you'll have to occasionally stir your strawberries to ensure they fully soak up the Prosecco.
Place the bowl with your strawberries in the refrigerator for at least one hour, or overnight.
Once your strawberries have soaked, strain and gently pat each dry with a paper towel. If you are not planning on eating them immediately it is best to place them in a bowl once dry, and proceed to the next steps right before you serve them.
When you are ready to serve, take a bowl of white sugar and dip each strawberry into the bowl, rolling around until edges have desired sugar cover. Place completed alcohol infused strawberries on a serving dish, and enjoy immediately.
- If your dip the strawberries too early before serving, the sugar turns into more of a syrup. While still delicious, it changes the texture and appearance of your strawberries. For best results, dip the strawberries immediately before serving, or have the sugar out for guests to dip their own strawberries, (similar to how one would dip a strawberry into a chocolate fountain.)
- Completely pat dry each berry to help the sugar coating last longer. The alcohol infused strawberries are now full of Prosecco, so removing excess liquid will not lessen the boozy effects.
- Stir your strawberries a couple of times while they soak to make sure they throughly soak up the alcohol.
- This recipe uses Prosecco, we used one pound of strawberries and one bottle of Prosecco. Make sure you use enough Prosecco to fully cover your strawberries.
While our recipe uses Prosecco, any dry alcohol will do the trick alcohol. You can use champagne, vodka, rum, white wine, red wine or rose. It's pretty common for people to mix alcohols when making boozy strawberries.
Alcohol infused strawberries are best served immediately. If you leave them to soak, the sugar absorbs into berries and turns syrupy. If you soak your strawberries in advanced and wait to dip them in sugar until right before serving, the boozy strawberries should last up to two days in the refrigerator.
While you COULD drink the Prosecco or alcohol the strawberries soaked in, I highly recommend you do not. I'm all about not wasting, but the strawberries, although washed, still left a great amount of residue in the Prosecco. Additionally, after an overnight soak, the Prosecco is extremely flat.
More Healthy Treats
Looking for more sweet and keto friendly recipes? Check out these other yummy recipes for a bit of sweet, a bit of salty, and a WHOLE LOTTA YUM!
- Keto chocolate covered strawberries
- Keto rum balls
- Sugar-free chocolate covered almonds
- Chocolate peanut butter fat bombs
Come connect with us on Instagram! Be sure to tag us (wholelotta.yum) when you make a recipe. You can also find us on Facebook, and Pinterest.
Leave a Reply