A chocolate mint martini that also makes for a good dessert drink? It's a win-win for St Patty's Day (or even Christmas!). If you're a fan of thin mints or mint in general, this will be your new favorite. It's a WHOLE LOTTA YUM!
Have a nice buzz from this beautiful, vibrant drink, and enjoy the minty sweetness. This is an easy drink to want more than one and only takes five minutes to make. All your friends will be asking about it and wanting to try it!
Peppermint Chocolate Martini Cocktail
This is the perfect cocktail when you want to impress your friends and have them over for some St Patrick's fun. You don't have to be a huge martini person to appreciate this peppermint chocolate martini. Fair warning there is a strong mint flavor but that can easily be toned down and either way tastes delicious!! There are also great substitutes for this recipe so that everyone can enjoy it.
This is one of those cocktails that gets me excited. I like to make things out of the ordinary that others haven't had before, and the chocolate mint martini is just that kind of drink. I made this cocktail for my roommates, and they loved it! Since they're both vegans, I altered the recipe so they could try it, but obviously saved one for myself. I will absolutely be making this chocolate mint martini drink again, considering I've already had friends request it and it's the perfect drink to celebrate with!
Why You'll Love This!
- The COLOR. This is one of the prettiest cocktails with its mint green color that just makes it too appealing not to try. You want a drink that suits St Patrick's Day and will have you celebrating in style.
- A good martini is a key to happiness. I get it, not everyone is a fan of martinis, and honestly, this is one of the first martinis I've ever had, but a DESSERT martini?! That's the drink for a party.
- The whole recipe takes just five minutes! Looking at the cocktail, it looks like there's a whole process to get it so pretty, but seriously this is one of the quickest drinks to create for a great presentation!
Other great cocktail recipe options for St Patrick's Day are our Shamrock Shots and Irish mules.
If you're looking for more Irish recipes to round out St Patrick's Day, make dinner from our list of best Irish recipes.
Here are your four simple ingredients for this recipe:
- 1 oz Baileys (alternative- almond milk liqueur)
- 1 oz vanilla Vodka
- ½ oz-1 oz creme de menthe
- 1 oz heavy whipping cream or half & half (alternative- oat milk)
optional garnish - whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles or shavings (alternative- coconut milk whipped cream
** Please see the recipe card at the bottom of the post for the exact quantities **
Recipe Variations- For a vegan option, you can alter almond milk baileys for baileys, coconut milk for whipping cream, and coconut whip cream for regular whip cream.
- Cocktail shaker
- Martini glass
- Measuring cup
Step by Step Instructions
This delicious chocolate mint martini can be made in just five steps:
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add the Bailey's, vanilla vodka, creme de menthe, and heavy whipping cream to a cocktail shaker.
- Put the lid on the shaker and shake it "until your hand hurts" from the cold.
- Strain the drink into a 6 oz martini glass.
- Garnish with whipped cream, chocolate sprinkles, or chocolate shavings if desired. Adding a chocolate mint candy like Andes is a nice touch! Enjoy!
- We used 1 oz of each in a 6 oz size martini glass.
- Creme de menthe can be very strong, feel free to cut it in half and use a ½ ounce if preferred, although that is what gives your cocktail a bright green color!
- To turn this into a chocolate mint shot, leave out the heavy whipping cream and use a ½ oz each of the Baileys, Vodka, and creme de menthe in a shot glass. We love vanilla vodka in sweet cocktails but a standard Vodka like Absolut or Ketel One will work as well.