When you need a quick dinner for your family air fryer frozen fish is a perfect option! Not only will this entire dish be done in less than 30-minutes, but your breaded frozen fish will come out perfect every time thanks to your air fryer.
Breaded Frozen Fish in Air Fryer
Fish sticks may get a lot of attention for their ease, and the fact that kids love them, but frozen fish fillets are the preferred choice in our home. We love cod for its flaky, mild flavor and frozen fillets are always a quick dinner option for those nights when we just need a simple dinner.
Make our frozen fish in air fryer recipe as part of your dinner rotation whether you're buying the frozen breaded fish fillets or have unbreaded fish pieces like cod. The perfect option for nights when dinner needs to be quick, you can easily prepare a side salad while the fillets are in the air fryer.
Why You'll Love This!
- Frozen fish in air fryer works with any model air fryer you have and adapts whether you are cooking up cod, salmon, or tilapia.
- After a 5-minute preheat, your you'll need less than 15-minutes to cook to perfection!
- Easily adapt for unbreaded fish by using a little bit of oil and your favorite seasoning.
Are you looking for additional air fryer dinner recipes that are quick and easy? We love our air fryer for a variety of dinner options including cajun air fryer shrimp, air fryer frozen shrimp, chicken nuggets, or air fryer beef tips.
A 1 ingredient recipe? Yes, it's true! When you're cooking air fryer frozen breaded fish like frozen cod, dinner can't get much easier.
- frozen breaded fish - we used cod but this would also work for tilapia, salmon, or another type of raw frozen breaded fish fillets.
- optional - dipping sauce such as ketchup or tartar sauce
Frozen Unbreaded Fish - If you prefer unbreaded frozen fish simply coat the fish with oil and seasoning. Cook using the same steps as breaded fish fillets.
An Air Fryer- We have an Omni Plus oven style air fryer and a small 3.2L Farberware basket style air fryer.
- Gluten-Free- watch the label when buying breaded frozen fish or opt for unbreaded varieties.
- Keto- use unbreaded frozen fish fillets.
Step by Step Instructions
Preheat, air fry, and flip - making air fryer breaded fish fillets is that easy!
Preheat your air fryer for 5 minutes at 400F. If your model doesn't automatically preheat, simply turn it on for 5 minutes prior to cooking.
Do not thaw the frozen fish fillets. They need to stay frozen until you are ready to put them in your air fryer.
Frozen Fish Air Fryer Temperature
Your frozen fish fillets are going to cook at 400F.
We have found that 400F is the best temperature to cook frozen foods at. They cook up nice and quickly come out with the crispness that you expect. However, if you prefer to cook at a lower temperature you can, but you will need to cook your air fryer frozen fish longer.
Cooking spray or oil are not needed for the frozen fish fillets. If you opt for unbreaded frozen fish, you will need to brush them will a little bit of oil to prevent sticking.
Frozen Fish Cooking Time
The air fryer breaded frozen fish fillets will need to cook for 12 minutes. Be sure to leave some space between your fillets so the air can circulate.
We like to flip ours after 8 minutes so both sides brown and crisp evenly. While this is not required, it is highly recommended.
Serve your air fried fish fillets with your choice of dipping sauces. Enjoy!
- Preheating your air fryer is necessary to ensure your frozen fish air fryer recipe begins cooking as soon as you put them.
- Space the frozen fish filets apart from one another in your air fryer to help the air to circulate and allow for even cooking. Cook in batches if necessary.
- While flipping the frozen breaded fish in air fryer is not required, we do highly recommend it as it allows both sides of the fillet to crisp.
We generally opt for a quick side salad that can be whipped up while the fillets are cooking; however, fish fillets also pair well with other air fryer foods such as french fries and onion rings.
Yes! Season your fresh fish or bread it to your liking and cook for 12-14 minutes.
Store any leftover fish fillets in the fridge in a covered container for up to 4 days. Reheat in your air fryer at 400F for 2-3 minutes.
More Air Fryer Dinner Recipes
Looking for more air fryer dinner recipes?
More Air Fryer Frozen Recipes
Looking for more air fryer frozen food recipes?
- Frozen Onion Rings in Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Frozen Broccoli
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Breast
- Frozen Taquitos in Air Fryer
Come connect with us on Instagram! Be sure to tag us (wholelotta.yum) when you make a recipe. You can also find us on Facebook, and Pinterest.
Leave a Reply