Super simple and ridiculously versatile, this easy frozen meatballs in air fryer recipe will allow you to create a multitude of dishes for your family in no time. Whether you are looking to add sauce and serve over zoodles or noodles, create a meatball sub sandwich, or create a fun appetizer, frozen meatballs are always a great option.
Unlike many of the recipes here, this one is harder to tell you which eating plans frozen meatballs will work for. However, if you read the labels in the store and keep your eating plan in mind, this dish can be a part of your healthy diet. Healthier options are available out there, whether you are shopping at your local grocery store or a bigger place like Costco.
Simply check both the nutrition label for quick reference to carb counts as well as fat and protein amount, and read the ingredient list. Grab the options that works best for you and remember, perfection is not required even when eating keto, low carb, or even Whole30. Do your best and know that once in a while a dish that wouldn’t normally make the cut it alright.
Just don’t make a habit of it. 😉
Serve your air fried meatballs with air fryer broccoli (link coming this week) and fettuccini with homemade alfredo sauce.
A printable recipe card is at the bottom of the post
This post may include affiliate links, including links to Amazon products. This means if you make a purchase using my link, I make a small commission – at no cost to you. I ONLY recommend products I use myself and love. Read the full disclosure here.
Air Fryer Frozen Meatballs
I’ll admit, most of the time we eat foods that are low-carb and keto in our home. The healthier diet is better for all of us but once in a while, we just want something quick especially on those nights when we simply don’t feel like cooking.
Air fryer frozen meatballs fits the bill perfects for those nights! They are also perfect for family game nights, family movie nights, or even unexpected company when you want to whip up a quick appetizer. A super versatile main ingredient, paired with your choice of noodles, bread, or sauce, and a few minutes in the kitchen with your air fryer will allow you to create something appealing and loved by most.
Why This Recipe Works
- Perfect for those nights when you just don’t know what to create.
- A great recipe for introducing kids to cooking.
- Create a variety of options from one base item.
Air Fried Meatball Ingredients
Air fryer meatballs are a quick and easy creation that allows you to take your meatballs and create several different main dishes or sides. While I am not going to tell you which brand to use, I will let you know that we use the Trader Joes brand because they don’t add artificial ingredients.
As I said in the beginning, read the label at the store if you are unfamiliar with a quality brand. Try to find one that lines up as closely with your personal eating preferences, uses the least amount of artificial ingredients, and that you like the best.
To create your air fried frozen meatballs you will need:
- 1 lb bag of frozen Italian meatballs
- Non-stick cooking spray
How to Cook Frozen Meatballs in the Air Fryer
Preheat the air fryer for 3-5 minutes at 400 F.
If your air fryer doesn’t have a non-stick coating on the rack/basket, spray it with a light coating of cooking spray to prevent the meatballs from sticking during cooking.
Spread the air fryer frozen meatballs out in a single layer on the air fryer rack or in a basket, depending on the type of air fryer you have.
***Note: A single layer is important for even cooking! If you need to, cook multiple batches and keep your already cooked meatballs warm in the oven or crockpot.
Cook the frozen meatballs in the air fryer for 6 minutes and then flip them or shake your air fryer basket.
Continue cooking them for 6-7+ additional minutes until cooked through.
The tasty Italian meatballs will be perfect and moist on the inside and crispy on the outside. Enjoy!
Serves 4 people as a main dish.
Air Fryer Meatballs Recipe Tips
- Opt for frozen turkey meatballs to keep this recipe healthier.
- Look for meatballs without fillers and artificial ingredients, especially if you are following a special diet or have food restrictions.
- While your meatballs are cooking, warm sauces and cook noodles or zoodles.
- Air fryer frozen meatballs can be used in many recipes that call for ground meat. Feel free to experiment and find what works for you!
- Make ahead and allow your cooked meatballs to cool. Store them in the fridge and utilize an already cooked protein source as part of your meal prep.
Other Air Fried Frozen Recipes You’ll Love
- Air fryer frozen French fries
- Frozen Chicken Wings in Air Fryer
- Air fryer pizza rolls
- Tater Tots in Air Fryer
And be sure to pin the recipe for later on Pinterest so you can easily get back to it!
V V V
We’d Love to Hear From You!
Have questions or feedback? Please ask questions or post feedback on the post comments.
Tap That Recipe Review Star! Be sure to leave a review after you make the frozen meatballs in air fryer recipe or just tap the star rating you’d give the recipe!
Show Us Those Photos! Be sure to upload your air fryer frozen meatballs recipe photos on the Pinterest pin and/or tag us on Instagram at @wholelotta.yum! We LOVE featuring reader recipes!
- 1 lb. pre-cooked frozen meatballs
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat the air fryer for 3-5 minutes at 400 F.
- If your air fryer doesn't have a non-stick coating on the rack/basket, spray it with a light coating of cooking spray to keep the meatballs from sticking.
- Spread the air fryer frozen meatballs out in a single layer on the air fryer rack or in a basket, depending on the type of air fryer you have.
- Cook the meatballs in the air fryer for 6 minutes and then flip them or shake your air fryer basket.
- Continue cooking them for 6-7+ additional minutes until cooked through.
- Serves 4 people as a main dish.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.