Making pizza rolls in air fryer is seriously the BEST way to cook them! Not only are they much faster than cooking the pizza bites in the oven, they get crispy on the outside in a way that oven baked do not.
Whether you make Totino’s pizza rolls in an air fryer or use another brand, air fryer pizza rolls will be your new favorite way to bake them.
If you’re wondering how to cook pizza rolls in an air fryer whether you have a basket or oven style air fryer, this is the ultimate resource.
Serve the air fryer frozen pizza rolls with a side of marinara sauce, pizza sauce, ranch dressing, or eat them plain.
And if you’re looking how to convert even more of your favorite frozen oven baked snacks to an air fryer, then you’ll want to read our posts on making air fryer frozen french fries, air fryer frozen chicken wings, and air fryer frozen mozzarella sticks.
A printable recipe card is at the bottom of the post
This post may include affiliate links, including links to Amazon products. This means if you make a purchase using my link, I make a small commission – at no cost to you. I ONLY recommend products I use myself and love. Read the full disclosure here.
Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
When you want a quick snack or even a simple dinner, pizza rolls in the air fryer will get a meal on the table in just 6 minutes. If you were to bake these in the oven you’d need 15 minutes to heat up your oven and another 10-12 minutes to cook them.
While maybe at first it seems a little funny to be looking for a recipe to cook pizza rolls, but as you most likely know my friend, you can’t simply follow the oven directions on the back of the package for an air fryer! You’d most likely end up with burnt food, plus I’m now realizing, some air fryers only go up to say 4ooF but some frozen recipes suggest to bake in the oven at .425F. Having an air fryer means we have to adapt our recipes slightly to make perfectly cooked meals every time.
Totino’s frozen pizza rolls are definitely the most popular brand, another brand we like are the Amy’s Cheese Pizza Bites without anything artificial in them. Due to food allergies in the house we have to scan labels carefully and try to stick to organic brands (on sale of course!) when we’re looking for quick instant snacks.
Since we just got our 2nd air fryer in the mail, we decided to make 2 batches of pizza rolls in an air fryer, one batch went in our toaster oven style air fryer and the other went in our new smaller air fryer.
I’d always heard that many oven style air fryers cooked hotter than the basket style air fryers so making pizza rolls in air fryer was the perfect test.
Why This Recipe Works
- Making air fryer pizza rolls cooks up in half the time compared to oven-baked
- Pizza rolls in an air fryer get nice and crispy on the outside
- Whether you use an oven air fryer or basket air fryer, this recipe works for both!
- With supervision, this is an easy recipe for kids to make too
- Either the popular Totino’s or a healthier brand like Amy’s cook in the same amount of time
Ingredients for Pizza Rolls (Air Fryer Recipe)
There’s not much to the ingredient list when a recipe calls for pre-cooked frozen pizza bites! 😉
- 6 oz – 1 lb frozen pizza bites
- cooking spray
- optional- marinara sauce for dipping
In a smaller “2 person” basket air fryer you’ll be able to make about 6 oz, or half of a small package, of pizza rolls in the air fryer. If you’re using a larger air fryer or a toaster oven style, you can cook 1 lb of pizza bites or more at one time.
I know in the basket style air fryers many people seem to stack snacks on top of each other and then just periodically shake the basket. To get real here, while you CAN cook the frozen pizza rolls that way, they will turn out BETTER if you just lay them in a single layer and give them a little space.
How Long to Cook Pizza Rolls in Air Fryer?
If you’re simply wondering how to cook pizza rolls in an air fryer, at 400F you’d cook them for a total of 6 minutes, flipping them halfway for even browning.
Here’s the step by step instructions:
Preheat the air fryer to 400F
Spray basket or tray to help prevent the food from sticking.
Cook on one side for 3 minutes and then shake or flip the pizza bites.
Cook for 3 more minutes, for a total of 6 minutes, until they’re cooked through and crisp on the outside.
We recommend checking the air fryer pizza rolls after 5 minutes to make sure they haven’t started to crack open. Again, some air fryers might cook faster than others but we made these in 2 different models of air fryers at the same time and they both took exactly 6 minutes.
Pizza rolls are one of those foods like mozzarella sticks you don’t want to overcook even by 1 minute because they’re burst open and the filling starts to ooze out.
If this happens to you, of course, don’t fret, because the pizza rolls are delicious either way!
Serves 2 people, with one serving being 6 pizza rolls.
Other Frozen Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Love
- Air Fried Frozen French Fries
- Air Fryer Frozen Sweet Potato Fries
- Air Fryer Tater Tots
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Frozen Pizza
- Air Fryer Frozen Meatballs
- Air Fryer Frozen Mozzarella Sticks
And be sure to pin the recipe for later on Pinterest so you can easily get back to it!
V V V
We’d Love to Hear From You!
Have questions or feedback? Please ask questions or post feedback on the post comments.
Tap That Recipe Review Star! Be sure to leave a review after you make the air fried pizza rolls recipe or just tap the star rating you’d give the recipe!
Show Us Those Photos! Be sure to upload your air fryer pizza rolls recipe photos on the Pinterest pin and/or tag us on Instagram at @wholelotta.yum! We LOVE featuring reader recipes!
- 6 oz - 1 lb frozen pizza bites
- cooking spray
- optional- marinara sauce for dipping
- Preheat the air fryer to 400F
- Spray basket or tray to help prevent the food from sticking.
- Cook on one side for 3 minutes and then shake or flip the pizza bites.
- Cook for 3 more minutes, for a total of 6 minutes, until they're cooked through and crisp on the outside.
- We recommend checking the air fryer pizza rolls after 5 minutes to make sure they haven't started to crack open. Again, some air fryers might cook faster than others but we made these in 2 different models of air fryers at the same time and they both took exactly 6 minutes.
- Serve with marinara sauce or pizza sauce, optional
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- GoWISE USA 3.7-Quart Programmable Air Fryer with 8 Cook Presets, GW22638 - Black
- Instant Pot Omni Plus Toaster Oven, 26L
- Instant Pot Duo Evo Plus 9-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Grain Maker, Steamer, Saute, Yogurt Maker, Sous Vide, Bake, and Warmer|6 Quart|Easy-Seal Lid|14 Programs
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 6 pieces
Amount Per Serving Calories 220Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gCholesterol 25mgSodium 460mgCarbohydrates 25gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 9g
The nutritional data is for the Amy's organic cheese pizza bites, if you purchased a different brand the info might change.