TikTok Ramen is so much more than just a viral trend. This delicious and easy ramen recipe has only 6 ingredients. Making your own sauce takes less than 5 minutes and is healthier than the seasoning packets that usually come with ramen. This TikTok ramen hack is a Whole Lotta Yum!
Viral Ramen TikTok Recipe
This recipe is super quick and easy. I've made it at least 12 times since creating our own version of this TikTok recipe, and have adjusted the ingredient with just about every substitution you can think of. The sauce always turns this ramen recipe into a perfect sweet and spicey meal! Don't forget the everything bagel seasoning! Everything bagel seasoning is the perfect addition to this ramen recipe.
You can also add an air fryer hard boiled egg to your ramen to switch it up and still get all the desired protein in your meal!
Why You'll Love This!
- This viral TikTok Ramen hack is cheap and easy! It only takes a couple more minutes and steps than instant ramen and the added ingredients are ones generally found in your kitchen.
- TikTok ramen is a weight loss approved dish, and is actually really low-calorie! You get your protein from the added egg, and it's so easy to add additional vegetables for added nutrition.
- It takes less than 15 minutes to make this tasty viral ramen! There's a reason the internet went crazy for TikTok Ramen!
- The sauce is easy to customize if you have any dietary considerations. Want to cut back on butter? Use olive oil instead. If you're craving pasta but can't have gluten, you can find rice noodles at Costco that works just as well! See our ingredients notes for more easy swaps!
Instant ramen is one of those things you really want to be easy and fast. While this recipe may add a couple of steps it is still both of those things. We also love this recipe because the ingredients can be substituted so easily to fit your needs, and what you have in the kitchen, and will still taste amazing!
Instant Ramen noodles- This recipe can also be made with any variety of egg noodles, or ramen made with rice noodles
Butter- Swap for olive oil if needed, but butter is recommended on this one!
Sweetener - You can use brown sugar (my favorite), coconut sugar, or honey.
Soy Sauce -Soy sauce can be substituted for tamari sauce or coconut aminos
Egg- This recipe usually beats the egg into the ramen, but you can also add a poached or hard-boiled egg.
Optional garnish ideas- sliced green onion, sesame seeds, Everything but the Bagel Seasoning, red chili oil, red pepper flakes)
** Please see the recipe card at the bottom of the post for the exact quantities **
Go Gluten Free with ramen rice noodles, instead of using instant ramen noodles. They still cook pretty quickly and taste amazing!
Add to the dish - You can add a variety of veggies to make your dish more nutrient-packed! Whatever suits your fancy, just make sure you sautee the veggies well before adding them to your noodles. This addition almost makes your ramen more of a stir fry. Don't forget to top with red pepper flakes and other garnishes!
- Small skillet to make the sauce
- Large pot for boiling the pasta
Note: You can boil your pasta in the skillet and transfer it to a bowl while you make your sauce. We love saving ourselves a pot to clean. 🙂
- Gluten Free- swap the instant ramen for some rice ramen! We like the kind found at Costco.
Making this TikTok Ramen viral recipe only requires a couple more steps than instant ramen. You boil the noodles, saute the sauce, and add an egg and you're pretty much there!
Add water to your pot (or saucepan if using only a pan). Bring the water to a boil. Once boiling, add the ramen noodles, turn down the heat to medium, and boil them for 1 minute.
Separate the noodles and continue cooking them for 2 more minutes. Once the noodles are cooked, drain half the water and set the noodles aside. There is room for preference here. If you like more soup like ramen, keep more liquid, if you like it more stir fry like, reduce the water you keep with the noodles.
Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Once the butter is melted, add the minced garlic and cook it for 1 minute. It should be fragrant, but not too golden.
Stir in the soy sauce and brown sugar. Once the Soy sauce and brown sugar have come to a slight boil and are thickening, add the noodles back to the pan and toss to coat with sauce. Create a well in the noodles and add a beaten egg. Scramble the egg until it's mostly cooked through and combine the ramen noodles with egg.
This sugar and soy sauce sauce combination goes so well with this TikTok Ramen recipe.
Top your TikTok Ramen with everything bagel seasoning, a touch of sweet onion chili flakes (from Trader Joes), or red pepper flakes, and green onion. The everything bagel seasoning also contains salt, so if you choose to substitute something else or omit the everything bagel seasoning, you may want to add salt to your TikTok Ramen. YUM!
- This recipe cooks very fast and ramen noodles overcook quickly. Have all of your ingredients prepped and ready to go.
- Kylie Jenner ramen noodles variation - add in the seasoning packet, skip the sweetener and the soy sauce
- Fancy ramen - mix in sauteed veggies, cooked beef, chicken, or shrimp.
TikTok ramen is just instant ramen with homemade sauce and protein added to it. Check out our recipe for our take on the tasty trend! Add red pepper flakes to the brown sugar and soy sauce sauce for an added kick
Compared to using the seasoning packet, yes! This yummy low-calorie trend not only tastes better than the regular instant ramen but it also is healthier and leaves out the bad ingredients in the seasoning packet like MSG.
Recipes like single-serve instant ramen or TikTok ramen are best served fresh and not kept as leftovers. The noodles will absorb the sauce if refrigerated for
More TikTok Recipes
- TikTok Cloud Bread
- Halloween Deviled Eggs
- Egg Roll in a Bowl
- Alcohol Infused Strawberries
- Instant Pot Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- Lemon Caper Pasta