Learn how to make TikTok cloud bread that became an internet overnight sensation, now all of us are wondering how to make the cloud bread TikTok version that actually turns out and TASTES GOOD! We teach you how to make chocolate chip cloud bread and also colored cloud bread if you want it something like pink or blue. It’s a WHOLE LOTTA YUM!
This post may include affiliate links, including links to Amazon products. Read the full disclosure here.
What is Cloud Bread?
If you’ve been on TikTok cloud bread exploded the internet where it became an overnight sensation with all sorts of colored cloud bread experiments popping up everywhere. What’s become trendy on TikTok is to form the cloud bread recipe into one giant singular mound and bake it. The end result is one enormous sweet and puffy shape that’s almost too fun to eat!
"Madi's review: This tastes better than a chocolate chip cookie! It's like chocolate chip cotton candy!"
Watch the video! Follow Us on TikTok at Wholelottayum
What’s the difference between Keto Cloud Bread and Tiktok Cloud Bread?
Cloud bread has actually been around for a few years now and is popular in the keto low carb community as a bread substitute. The classic cloud bread consists of three basic ingredients: eggs, cream of tartar, and cream cheese, yogurt, or cottage cheese. Many people will add herbs and spices to give it a kick; you can even add sweetener and coloring to make it a variety of bright colors. The traditional cloud bread is divided into small disks and baked in individual pieces.
What Does Cloud Bread Taste Like?
Consider the Tiktok cloud bread sort of like a cross between a meringue, cotton candy, and angel food cake. You beat egg whites into stiff peaks and if they’re properly beaten, they’ll stay puffy and hold their shape after baking.
Depending on what you add to the cloud bread recipe will also determine what it tastes like! One of our versions added cocoa powder and mini chocolate chips to the mix and oh my! It was seriously delish! Hands down the best cloud bread experiment yet!
If you want to make colored cloud bread, we highly suggest you add flavoring like strawberry extract if you're making a pink version for instance. It's honestly pretty bland otherwise. But that chocolate chip cloud bread...so so good!
Why You’ll Love This Cloud Bread Recipe
- It’s 2020 and we’re all going crazy at home following along with TikTok experiments to help us cope.
- We actually give you tips and tricks to get your recipe to turn out!
- Cloud bread is easy to customize by turning it a different color like blue or pink, adding sprinkles, chocolate, or flavors
- The whole recipe just uses a few basic ingredients!
Want to try some more fun food experiments that’ll blow your mind? Then you should try our 1 minute microwave pepperoni chips or no bake chocolate peanut butter fat bombs!
For basic 3 ingredient cloud bread you just need the three simple ingredients. Most cloud bread recipes call for cream of tartar, but baking powder works too. Once you experiment with the basic recipe the sky is the limit and you can make sweet cloud bread or savory too.
- Egg whites, room temperature
- Corn starch
- Granulated sugar
- Cocoa powder
- Mini chocolate chips
Optional add-ins– sprinkles, food coloring, flavoring like vanilla or flavored extracts
- Baking pan
- Parchment paper or silpat
- Electic Hand Mixer or Stand Mixer
The cloud bread TikTok recipe just takes a few steps, you’ll need to beat the egg whites with an electric mixer, add in your mix-ins, form the mound, and then bake.
Preheat your oven to 300F and put the rack in the center position.
Crack the eggs and separate the egg yolk from the egg whites. Be sure not to get any egg yolk in with your egg whites or it can keep your egg whites from forming stiff peaks.
Measure out all of your ingredients, the cloud bread TikTok recipe goes quickly!
Add the egg whites to a mixing bowl. Using either an electric stand mixer or an electric hand mixer works best. Whisk the eggs until bubbles start to form.
Slowly add in the sugar and beat until small bubbles form. Add in the corn starch and the cocoa powder, or any other type of food coloring you’re wanting to add.
Beat until still peaks form, as shown in the photo. Gently mix in mini chocolate chips, sprinkles, or any other mix-ins.
On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, form a mound with the TikTok cloud bread batter.
Sprinkle with more chocolate chips.
Bake for 25 minutes, or until set. Let sit for 5 minutes to cool a bit and then carefully peel the cloud bread from the parchment paper. Hurry and get your photos done so you can start eating!
- Make sure your bowl is perfectly clean and dry. If there’s anything in your bowl at all, it can prevent the egg whites from beating properly.
- Make sure not to get any egg yolk in with the egg whites, even a little bit can prevent the cloud bread TikTok recipe from rising.
- Room temperature egg whites work best
- You’ll get best results using a stand mixer, an electric hand mixer will take longer. We do not recommend trying to beat to stiff peaks by hand, it’ll take way to long.
- Just like a souffle, the TikTok cloud bread could deflate slightly as it cools down.
- Feel free to change up the flavoring by adding in vanilla or flavored extract, add sprinkles, or top with frosting. The sky is the limit with TikTok cloud bread!
How Long Does Cloud Bread Last?
So in theory, in the fridge cloud bread should last at least a few days. It very well could deflate but it’ll still taste good!
More Fun Food Recipes You’ll Love
- One minute microwave pepperoni chips
- Keto cloud bread (less than 1 net carb!)
- Peanut butter and chocolate fat bombs
Please leave a review if you make our recipe! We love feedback from readers, plus it helps others too.
Come connect with us on Instagram! Be sure to tag us (wholelotta.yum) when you make a recipe. You can also find us on Facebook, and Pinterest.
And pin the recipe for later on Pinterest so you can easily get back to it!
V V V
Leave a Reply