Delicious and creamy loaded keto cauliflower mashed potatoes make for a perfect side! This keto cauliflower mash is easy to make, loaded with cheese and bacon, and it makes a perfect holiday side. Ready in under 20 minutes, it's a WHOLE LOTTA YUM!
Keto Mashed Cauliflower
Loaded mashed potatoes are delicious but full of carbs. This low-carb keto alternative of mashed cauliflower is the perfect side for your next dinner. I used to cook potatoes with almost every meal, and now I'm so used to these veggie alternatives, like mashed cauliflower, I hardly ever have potatoes in the house anymore!
This keto cauliflower mashed potatoes pairs well with anything you'd serve mashed potatoes with! We recommend our baked turkey breast recipe and air fryer bacon wrapped green beans. Yum!
Love this keto mashed cauliflower recipe? Looking for more keto cauliflower recipes? We got them! Check out our keto mac and cheese and our baked cauliflower casserole.
Why You'll Love This!
- This keto loaded cauliflower mash is all the yum of loaded potatoes with fewer carbs!
- Our cauliflower mash recipe is SO easy, and it takes less than 20 minutes. Plus there is very minimal cleanup!
- The texture will absolutely blow your mind! This loaded cauliflower REALLY does have a whipped mashed potato-like texture.
- This side dish makes a great addition to any holiday menu. Whether you're on a keto diet or not, they make a great variation on traditional loaded mashed potatoes.
Keto Mashed Potatoes Ingredient Notes
Our keto cauliflower mashed potatoes recipe is great because the ingredients are all things you'd likely find in your fridge or pantry! No need for a special trip to the grocery store on this one.
Not to mention, these are generally affordable ingredients! We love a budget-friendly, low-carb side like this mashed cauliflower recipe!
- Cauliflower Floretes- You can save even more time and dishes by using pre-chopped cauliflower, or you can stick to a traditional head of cauliflower, and chop it yourself. Either way dont forget to wash your head of cauliflower or cauliflower floretes.
- Cheese- Feel free to swap the cheddar out for another melty cheese like gruyere or a sharp cheddar! I recommend shredding your own cheese because store-bought shredded cheese is usually coated in starch and it doesn't melt as easily and tends to separate.
- Garlic- I like to use trader joes frozen minced garlic. You can also use fresh garlic or minced jarred garlic.
- Green onion- Chives are a suitable substitute.
** Please see the recipe card at the bottom of the post for the exact quantities **
- Vegan- If you try to substitute with vegan-approved margarine like Earth Balance or use olive oil in place of butter, vegan cream cheese, and vegan cheese, let me know how it turns out!
How to Make Loaded Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
In just 4 steps and under 30 minutes, you'll be ready to enjoy the wonderful taste of this delicious low-carb mashed cauliflower keto side dish.
Wash the cauliflower florets and chop it into medium size pieces. Prep the other recipe ingredients while you're waiting for the water to boil.
In a large saucepan, bring a pot of water to boil over high heat. Turn the heat down to medium and simmer the chopped cauliflower for 6 minutes or until it's very tender.
In a small skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Once the butter is melted add the minced garlic to the skillet and cook for 1 minute. The garlic should be fragrant, but not overcooked.
In a food processor, combine cooked cauliflower, garlic butter, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and salt and pepper and blend it until it's smooth. You might need to split it into two batches, depending on the size of your food processor.
Once blended and whipped together transfer the keto cauliflower mashed potatoes to a medium size serving bowl. Adjust seasonings as needed to your personal preference. Top with chopped green onions, more shredded cheddar cheese, and cooked crumbled bacon if desired. Yum! Delicious mashed cauliflower, dare we say, better than regular mashed potatoes!
- Be sure to shred your own cheddar from a block instead of buying pre-shredded cheese that adds starch to the bag.
- Look for 0 carb cream cheese to keep the carbs down.
- This recipe could easily be doubled to serve a holiday crowd, as written each serving is about ⅓ cup in size.
- A food processor does the best job at whipping mashed cauliflower to the perfect texture! You can also use a blender for this step, though the food processor will really give you that desired whipped texture.
More Keto Cauliflower Recipes
- Baked cauliflower casserole (keto)
- Keto mac and cheese
- Whole 30 zuppa toscana soup
- Cauliflower and broccoli salad
Come connect with us on Instagram! Be sure to tag us (wholelotta.yum) when you make a recipe. You can also find us on Facebook, and Pinterest.
Leave a Reply