When you want a hearty cold broccoli salad recipe but you don’t want the sugar and carbs to go with it, then you'll absolutely love this low-carb and easy keto broccoli salad with bacon. It's literally the best easiest sugar free broccoli salad out there!
Chock full of delicious ingredients like fried bacon, cheese, low carb sunflower seeds, and a keto-friendly sweet dressing, this easy salad recipe will be perfect as a meal prep lunch, on your holiday table, or at a potluck with friends. It's a WHOLE LOTTA YUM!
Broccoli Salad (Keto)
When I think of holiday dinners and summer potlucks, broccoli salad always seems to be on our family table. Come to think of it, for two decades now I’ve been getting assigned broccoli salad for every occasion, I have this recipe down pat.
A traditional broccoli salad recipe calls for lots of sugar, lemon juice, and sometimes sweetened cranberries or raisins. While maybe you thought you couldn't still have broccoli salad on your health program, you'll find that this keto broccoli salad tastes just like the yummy traditional version you're used to.
That being said, my husband LOVED this low carb keto broccoli salad with bacon version BETTER than the original! He thought that the apple cider vinegar added a nice kick to the salad that lemon juice doesn't provide.
I'll be serving this low-carb broccoli salad at my next family party and I don't even plan to tell them it's keto and I can guarantee they won't even notice the difference. This is also fantastic when you're looking for healthy meal prep salads for lunch!
Why You'll Love This!
- It's a hearty salad recipe that's filling enough to be a meal
- The broccoli salad keto recipe doesn't taste low carb, which means you can serve it to anyone and I promise it'll get rave reviews!
- Raw broccoli holds its shape well and doesn't get soggy. The keto-friendly broccoli salad will keep for many days in the fridge.
- It's easy to make recipe swaps, whether you prefer a different type of nut, cheese, or even protein, customize it or use up what's in your fridge.
Ingredients for Keto Broccoli Bacon Salad
To make this classic salad as low carb and keto as possible, for the keto broccoli salad dressing we substituted the lemon juice with apple cider vinegar, the sugar with Swerve, and used salted sunflower seeds instead of sugary cranberries or raisins.
What is so great about this keto broccoli salad (no sugar!) is that it's easy to swap ingredients if you want to change it up. Feel free to swap half of the broccoli for cauliflower, use ham instead of bacon, use almonds instead of sunflower seeds, or skip the seeds all together.
Want a keto broccoli salad without bacon? Feel free to substitute ham, turkey, or your favorite protein substitute.
- broccoli-tops only - going half broccoli and half cauliflower is a great alternative
- well cooked and chopped bacon
- diced red onion
- shredded cheddar cheese - any shredded cheese will work here, to keep it as low carb as possible we recommend shredding cheese from a block instead of using cheddar from a bag that adds potato starch (and hidden carbs)
- salted sunflower seeds - pecans, macadamia nuts, and pinenuts work too
- mayonnaise - this is our favorite keto mayo
- apple cider vinegar (or fresh lemon juice) - we prefer to make this a keto broccoli salad with apple cider vinegar since it's easy and lower in carbs than lemon juice.
- erythritol (our favorite sweetener brands are this one or this blend)
If you want a keto broccoli salad without mayo, you can use sour cream instead but it won't have as tangy as a flavor but it'll still be delish. Mixing in a keto-friendly Ranch dressing also makes a great substitute for times you don't want to make a homemade dressing.
How to Make Bacon Broccoli Salad (Keto)
To make the broccoli salad keto recipe, you first make a quick, tangy dressing, chop all of the ingredients, add to a bowl, and combine. So easy!
Make the Keto Broccoli Salad Dressing
To make this delicious keto-friendly broccoli salad, you'll want to start by making the keto broccoli salad dressing. Mix the mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, and erythritol in a small bowl and set aside.
If you have another low carb and keto sweetener you prefer, by all means, use it. Stevia would also work to sweeten this salad but you'll want to add less of it since it's 200 times stronger than erythritol. Just a sprinkle of stevia should do it.
The recipe calls for 2 broccoli heads and you'll want to cut off just the top. I don't worry if I get little bits of stem pieces in the salad, but most of the broccoli should just be the heads.
Using the remaining unused broccoli for broccoli rice is a perfect way to use up the rest of the broccoli.
Chop the broccoli into very small pieces and put it into a medium-size bowl. Here's a visual of how small of pieces we cut the broccoli into.
Add Ingredients to Bowl
Add the chopped onion, shredded cheddar, chopped bacon, and sunflower seeds to a large bowl, along with the chopped broccoli pieces.
Mix the vegetable mixture together. You could in theory add the broccoli salad dressing before mixing the vegetable mix together and just do this as one step. I personally like to combine the vegetables and other ingredients just to make sure it evenly combines.
Add the low carb broccoli salad dressing to the rest of the broccoli, cheese, and bacon mixture and gently combine. Let the mix sit in the fridge for at least one hour before serving so the flavors can blend.
This is one of those salad recipes that the longer you let it sit the better it tastes! I usually make this low carb broccoli salad the morning of when I need it later that afternoon or evening. It's perfectly fine to make the day before too!
This fantastic broccoli salad keto recipe seriously makes the best broccoli salad recipe, need proof? Check out the reader reviews! It's also a terrific option for lunch meal prep since the broccoli holds its shape and doesn't get soggy as lettuce greens do.
- While the keto bacon broccoli salad recipe calls for 2 broccoli heads, you can also buy whole broccoli and cut off the stalks.
- You can definitely serve the broccoli salad keto recipe right after assembling, it has an even better flavor if you let it rest in the fridge for a couple of hours or even overnight.
- To keep the carbs down as low as possible, shred the cheese from a block, and use mayo and bacon that don't add sugar.
FAQ's for Broccoli Salad No Raisins
How Many Carbs in Keto Broccoli Salad?
The broccoli salad keto recipe has 5 net carbs per serving. To reduce the carbs even more you can cut the amount of onion in half.
How Long Does Broccoli Salad Keep?
Raw broccoli salad will keep up to 4-5 days in the fridge. It does not freeze well. Since it makes a large bowl, if you can't eat it all that week, the broccoli salad low carb recipe can be cut in half.
Is Broccoli Salad Sugar Free?
You can make a sugar free broccoli salad as long as you don't add dried fruit that has added sugars and for the broccoli salad dressing, you use a healthier type of sweetener such as honey or monk fruit.
Keto Broccoli Recipes
If you loved our keto bacon broccoli salad then you'll love these ketogenic broccoli recipes too!
- Keto Broccoli Cakes
- Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Roasted Broccoli Recipe
- Homemade Cheddar Sauce
- Making Riced Broccoli
- Chicken Casserole with Broccoli
- Steamed Broccoli in Microwave
We'd love to hear how your broccoli salad low carb recipe turns out! Post comments and feedback below or post your photos on the Pinterest pin. Enjoy!
More favorites from Whole Lotta Yum
- Shrimp Salad Recipe
- Bone In Chicken Thighs in Air Fryer
- Country Ribs
- Oven Baked Ribs
- Turkey Breast in Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Egg Drop Soup Recipe
- Rib Rub Recipe
- Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad
- Pork Shoulder Steak
- Egg Cup Recipe
- Carbs in Brussel Sprouts
- Esquites Recipe
- Keto Friendly Desserts
- Air Fryer Smashed Potatoes
- Low Carb Chicken Breast Recipes
- Air Fry Frozen Tater Tots
- Air Fry Frozen Vegetables
- Cooking Bacon in the Oven
- Easy Broccoli Cheese Soup