Air fryer salmon burgers are a healthy way to change up your regular burger night. Made with wild-caught Alaskan salmon, and cooked from frozen in under 30 minutes these salmon burgers are a WHOLE LOTTA YUM!
Air Fryer Salmon Patties
Growing up with a fisherman as a father, I have a deep appreciation for wild-caught Alaskan salmon. These air fryer salmon patties are high quality, flavorful and delicious. Definitely don't just go for any old salmon burger, the key here is starting with a quality frozen burger.
Why You'll Love This!
- Salmon contains essential omega 3 fatty acids, which provide numerous health benefits.
- Cooking from frozen saves time, and still gives you a delicious end result! This recipe takes less than 30 minutes to prep, cook and complete!
- When using the air fryer you're left with only ONE dish to clean! No need to clean multiple pans or scrape your BBQ clean for this easy air fryer salmon burger recipe.
- Wow your friends, family or dinner guests with this delicious twist on a basic burger night! If they haven't tried salmon burgers before, they will be shocked at how yummy they are!
Whatever you'd put on a traditional burger, you can use for these air fryer salmon burgers.
- Cheese- You can use any cheese for these salmon burgers in air fryer, but our favorite to complement the salmon is Munster. You can also opt to exclude cheese in favor of other toppings.
- Vegetables- Any classic burger toppings will fly with a air fryer salmon pattie. Lettuce, tomato, onion, avocado, grilled onions, arugula, and pickles. The salmon burger is yours to enhance!
- Buns- Brioche buns are my favorite, but you can substitute for sesame, gluten-free or even lettuce wraps in lieu of a bun.
- Old Bay Mayonaise- If you don't have old bay seasoning, you can find our homemade recipe here.
The cheese you choose with have a big impact on your frozen salmon burger in air fryer recipe. We like to use Munster because the flavor pairs well with salmon and because it melts well. But you can also opt for a nice aged white cheddar for a strong combination. Or whichever cheese you fancy!
You can make this recipe even better for you by omitting the bun and using lettuce wraps for your burger. Don't shy away from your other vegetable toppings if you're looking to optimize the nutritional value of this meal.
Step by Step Instructions
Get delicious air fryer salmon burgers in under 30 minutes!
Before you begin cooking your salmon burgers from frozen, preheat your air fryer to 400 F for 5 minutes. Keep your patties in the freezer during this time to avoid thawing them out before the cooking process begins.
Cook Air Fryer Salmon Patties
Once your air fryer is heated, oil the basket using an avocado oil dispenser, do not use an aerosol nonstick spray on your air fryer. It will damage the basket over time.
Place four salmon patties in the basket, equally spaced out. Cook the patties at 400 for 12 minutes or until they reach an internal temperature of 145 F. Flip the patties after 6 minutes. Your patties may not need the full 12 minutes to reach the desired cook temp of 145 F.
While your frozen salmon patties are cooking, prepare the remaining toppings you would like to have on your salmon burger, and prepare your old bay mayo. We washed arugula, sliced tomatoes, avocado, and onion and prepared pieces of cheese for our burgers while waiting for the air fryer salmon burgers to cook. Next, you can prepare your old bay mayonnaise.
Make Old Bay Sauce (optional)
To prepare the old bay mayo, simply combine the 1 tablespoon chives, 1 cup mayo, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, and 2 teaspoon old bay seasoning in a bowl and mix together well. Our old bay mayonnaise recipe can be found here.
- To get the recipe right every time, be sure to use a thermometer to check the internal temperature of the salmon burgers after around 8 minutes. You don't want to overcook them and each air fryer cooks slightly differently. The temperature needs to reach 145 F.
- This recipe is based on cooking FROZEN salmon burgers. DO NOT thaw your patties before cooking. They will likely fall apart.
- For the best results, don't forget to flip your patties after 6 minutes to ensure they heat through evenly.
Salmon burgers can be served with anything you'd pair with a standard burger! French fries and a side salad make for a great pairing. Step it up a notch and pair your salmon burger with sweet potato fries and some chipotle aioli.
Salmon burgers are cooked all the way when they reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees. You can use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature. Frozen salmon burgers generally are not precooked because it is easy for salmon to dry out, so be sure to fully cook your salmon burgers to 145 degrees.
More Air Fryer Burger Recipes
- 4 Salmon Burger Patties
- Preheat Air Fryer to 400 for 5 minutes
- Spray basket with avacado oil
- Place frozen patties evenly spaced out in the air fryer basket
- Cook at 400 for 12 minutes. Flipping half way. You may not need the full 12 minutes to get your patties to 145 degrees.
Different brands of frozen salmon burgers will vary in cook time needed to achieve an internal temperature of 145 degrees. Keep an eye on your burgers and use a cooking thermometer to check the temperature after 10 minutes. We recommend using Trader Joes Frozen Salmon Burgers, Butcher Box Frozen Salmon Burgers, or Kirkland!
Seasoning can be added as desired. Most salmon burgers will come preseasoned, so I prefer to wait and add seasoning later if needed.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 100Total Fat 3gNet Carbohydrates 3gSugar 1gProtein 15g
The nutrional information is just an estimate and was calculated by an automated calculator. If you're on a restricted health program please manually calculate this information using the brands of ingredients you have since brands can vary.