Perfectly crispy, golden brown air fryer bone-in pork chops have a juicy, flavorful, and tender center that will melt in your mouth. Serve up with any roasted veggie, mashed potato, or top with a tasty sauce, it's a Whole Lotta Yum!
Air Fryer Pork Chops
A flavorful and healthy alternative to traditional pan fried pork chops. Air fryer pork chops are tender and juicy on the inside and crisp on the outside. Seasoned with simple herbs, spices, and a bit of brown sugar.
When you think of bone-in pork chops you might think of grilling. Well, you'll be happily surprised that you can make just as good or even better pork chops in the air fryer. No need to babysit the grill either, or maybe your bbq was rained out.
Why You'll Love This!
- Great for meal prep- Can be made with minimal prep on busy weeknights
- Super yummy- These juicy air fryer pork chops are tender and full of delicious flavor!
- Quick and easy! It's an easy recipe that makes the best pork chops
- Family friendly - Super easy weeknight dinner to make for the entire family
🥘 Air Fryer Pork Chop Recipe Ingredients
A simple grouping of bone in pork chops cooked with, oil, and delicious spices.
- Bone-in pork chops - This recipe works with room temperature bone-in chops, thick pork chops, thin pork chops as well as boneless pork chops. The cook times will vary depending on the thickness of the pork chops and the type of air fryer your use.
- Brown sugar - Light brown sugar will also work for this recipe.
- Paprika - This will complement the sweetness of the brown sugar. I used smoked paprika for this recipe.
- Italian seasoning - Italian seasoning is a blend of herbs that will elevate this dish.
- Garlic powder - You can use a teaspoon of onion powder instead of garlic powder. I sometimes use both.
- Salt and black pepper - Add these to taste
- Olive oil - Feel free to use avocado oil or your favorite cooking oil. Try using a cooking spray to help to avoid using too much oil.
** Please see the recipe card at the bottom of the post for the exact quantities **
- With cheese: Add grated parmesan cheese to your pork chops dry rub mixture for a parmesan crust.
- Spice: Add some heat or tang with crushed red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, or mustard powder.
- Sauces: Prepare a yummy chimichurri, pesto, or mustard sauce to enhance your air fryer pork chops recipe.
🔪 How to Cook Bone In Pork Chops In Air Fryer
Season and prep your bone-in pork chops, preheat the air fryer, then cook pork chops in the air fryer until tender and juicy.
Prep Pork Chop Rub
In a small bowl combine brown sugar, paprika, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Set this rub aside.
Season and Air Fry
Pat both sides of your bone-in pork chops or boneless pork chops dry with a paper towel and then brush all the sides with oil.
Season all sides of the chops generously with the seasoning rub for the best results.
Brush or spray the air fryer basket with olive oil spray and place pork chops inside in a single layer. Set the air fryer temperature to 400 degrees and 10 minutes.
Air Fry pork chops for 5 minutes and then flip. Continue to air fry them for another 4 minutes.
The pork chops are ready when the thickest part of the chop reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees when tested using an instant-read thermometer or meat thermometer and the outside is a crisp golden brown.
Let your delicious pork chops rest for about 10 minutes before serving them with your favorite side.
🥗 Dietary Substitutions
Air fryer bone in pork chops are keto friendly, dairy free, gluten free, and whole30 compliant.
💡 Recipe Tips
- Be generous with your seasonings, underseasoned pork chops can be a bit bland.
- Using too much oil will make your pork chops greasy. Be careful when using the oil. If you can, use an oil spray to evenly coat each side without using too much.
- Letting the pork chops rest after air frying will let the juices redistribute throughout the piece of meat. Be careful not to cut the resting meat or you'll lose all the juices.
What Goes With Pork Chops
Pork chops, like chicken, can go with a huge variety of different foods.
- Sheet Pan Roasted Vegetables
- Maple Roasted Butternut Squash and Brussels Sprouts
- Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
- Keto Mac and Cheese
- Sausage, Apple, and Sage Stuffing
🥡 Storing and Reheating
- Storing: Store your leftover pork chops in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Freezing: You can freeze fully cooked pork chops in a freezer safe container or bag for up to 3 months.
- Reheating: For best results reheat your air fried pork chops in the oven to help maintain their moisture. Wrap in aluminum foil and bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes.
Pork chops are done when the internal temperature of the meat reaches 145 F. You can also check the doneness by cutting into the thickest part of the meat with a knife. If the meat is still pink, or the juices inside are cloudy, it's not fully cooked and needs more time in the air fryer.
According to the USDA, a freshly cooked pork chop that has reached the recommended 145 degrees, has been cooked properly, and rested for a few minutes can still appear pink on the inside and be safe to eat.
You can cook frozen chops in the air fryer. The cooking time will all depend on how thick your pork chops are or if they're frozen and stuck together. If they're stuck together you'll want to air fry them until you can safely pull them apart. At this time you can season them how you wish and continue air frying until they've reached 145 F.
The timing will be the same as we have used one of those as well with this recipe.
😋 More Air Fryer Pork Recipes
Enjoy even more juicy pork chops with any of these other air fryer pork recipes that are guaranteed to taste delicious.
- Pork Steak in Air Fryer
- Pork Tenderloin in Air Fryer
- Boneless Pork Chops in Air Fryer
- Crispy Frozen Egg Rolls with Pork in Air Fryer
💌 Get Meal Prep Help!
📌 Pin for Later
📌 Be sure to pin the recipe to Pinterest so you can easily find it again! ⬆️