Make quick and easy 15 minute sheet pan chicken and vegetables for a healthy weeknight dinner everyone will love! With chicken cubes, seasonings, and quick cooking veggies, these roasted chicken and veggies are a Whole Lotta Yum!
✅ Get our FREE healthy meal prep printables + meal plan! 🥑
Sheet Pan Chicken Breast and Veggies
Making one pan meals is seriously where it's at. We love to cook a protein and vegetables together all on one baking sheet for a fast hands off dinner we don't have to babysit.
Our sheet pan chicken and veggies recipe baked in the oven hits all the marks and is super easy to swap for other types of proteins or vegetables. Use this recipe as your guide for assembling quick chicken and vegetable dinners or double it for a healthy freezer meal idea.
Why You'll Love This Sheetpan Dinner!
- Full of flavor - A simple fast meal packed with flavor by using the perfect combo of salt, pepper, garlic, Italian seasoning, and olive oil.
- Great as a chicken and veggie meal prep! How can it be used
- A one-pan meal! No need to make extra sides.
- Super healthy! Our baked chicken recipe fits most health plans such as being keto, low carb, gluten free, dairy free, Whole30, and paleo too.
- Get a healthy dinner on the table fast! Just a cooking time of 15 minutes in the oven.
All of the vegetables we're cooking up to make sheet pan chicken and veggies are quick cooking. This is intentional so that they'll be done all at the same time as the chicken breast bites.
We give you suggestions below for other types of vegetables you can use instead, we often switch things up to try and use up extra vegetables in the fridge.
- boneless skinless chicken breasts - chicken thighs or chicken tenders would also be great
- red bell pepper - feel free to use any color or a mix! Green, red, yellow, or orange bell peppers.
- medium red onion - we love red for color but sweet onions, yellow onions, or white onions are just as tasty.
- medium zucchini
- grape tomatoes - cherry tomatoes, other type of whole mini tomatoes
- garlic cloves - use fresh cloves, minced garlic from a jar, or frozen minced garlic.
- extra virgin olive oil
- fine sea salt
- coarse black pepper
- Italian seasoning - don't have Italian seasoning? Dried basil and dried oregano can be used instead of Italian seasoning. Herbs de Provence or dried Greek seasoning are excellent too.
- sweet paprika (optional)
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- chopped fresh parsley - used as a garnish so it's totally optional
** Please see the recipe card at the bottom of the post for the exact quantities **
Supplies You'll Need
No extra bowl is required here, simply combine all ingredients on the sheet pan for easy clean up!
- Sheet pan for roasting chicken and veggies
- Spatula for removing the chicken dinner from the pan after cooking
As written, our sheet pan chicken breast and veggies recipe is low carb, dairy free, gluten-free, keto, Paleo, and Whole30.
- Vegan- Use a plant based protein such as seasoned tofu cubes, tempeh, or use shitake mushrooms. You could also make just sheet pan roasted vegetables and add cooked beans at the end of cooking.
How to Roast Chicken and Vegetables in the Oven
I honestly don't know if you can make an easier weeknight dinner recipe than this one! It's just a matter of cutting the chicken and veggies into bite size pieces, adding it to baking sheet, and tossing it with the seasoning and olive oil. So simple!
You can add the chicken pieces and veggies in one of two ways. Just mix them all up and put them on the pan. OR if you can do a rainbow medley like we show in our first photo below. It does make it a little harder to combine everything with olive oil and seasonings but you can also just drizzle these ingredients over the top of your rainbow sheet pan chicken dinner too.
- Preheat oven to 500 F.
- Add the chicken breast cubes, bell pepper, red onion, zucchini, asparagus, grape tomatoes, and minced garlic to a sheet pan. You can either line them up individually by color or sprinkle them randomly on the pan.
- Drizzle the extra virgin olive oil over the chicken and veggies, then sprinkle them with the salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, paprika, and red pepper flakes. Toss everything to combine right on the sheet pan.
How long to cook chicken and veggies in the oven?
4. Bake for 13-15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through to 165 F and the vegetables are soft and starting to brown. Garnish with a little chopped fresh parsley for color. Enjoy!
Recipe Tips for Chicken and Veggies Sheet Pan
- Serve the sheet pan chicken breast and veggies with rice, cauliflower rice, gnocchi, potatoes, or sweet potatoes.
- Chicken boneless skinless chicken thighs or chicken tenderloins can be used instead of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- This is a quick-cooking recipe, there's no need to stir the roasted chicken and vegetables during cooking time.
- Other seasoning ideas: Marinate the chicken in your favorite marinade for 1-2 hours prior to cooking, add pesto sauce, Italian dressing in the last 5 minutes, coat the chicken in Cajun seasoning or chicken rub before cooking it, or add a Greek touch by using Greek seasoning instead of Italian plus roast lemon slices with the veggies and garnish with feta cheese.
Chicken and Veggie Meal Prep
Our one pan chicken and veggies recipes seriously makes the BEST recipe for chicken and veggie meal prep! Especially if you like to have a meal prep day on Sundays, it's hard to find a chicken meal prep recipe easier and more hands-off than this one.
Divide the chicken and veggie mix into 4 meal prep containers and then add either white rice, brown rice, quinoa, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, or cauliflower rice on the side.
Recipe Variations for Chicken and Veggies Sheet Pan
- Use sausage slices or beef cubes in place of the chicken. The cooking time will remain the same.
- Make sheet pan Mediterranean chicken and veggies by using dried Greek seasoning instead of Italian and marinate the chicken cubes in a lemony Greek marinade prior to cooking. Add kalamata olives to the pan and garnish with feta cheese after cooking.
- To make sheet pan chicken and veggies and potatoes together, you'll need to be mindful that the potatoes take longer to cook than the other items. Either cook cubed potatoes for 20 minutes on the pan before adding the other ingredients or if you have precooked potatoes leftover from other recipes, just toss those in before baking.
- Add parmesan cheese, cotija cheese, or feta cheese at the end for a cheesy touch.
- Sheet pan balsamic chicken and veggies can be made by following the same recipe and then mixing in a little balsamic vinegar to taste before serving.
How to Store Sheetpan Chicken and Vegetables
- Store: The leftovers can be stored in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Freeze: For longer storage, place the leftover sheetpan chicken and vegetables in a freezer-safe container or a freezer bag. Remove the excess air fryer from the freezer bag. The leftovers will last in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Reheat: Reheat the chicken and veggies in a microwave in 30 minute increments, in an air fryer for 5+ minutes at 400 F, in a saute pan over medium heat for 5+ minutes, or bake the recipe at 400 F for 10 minutes, or until heated through.
FAQ's for Chicken and Veggie Sheet Pan
Serve the healthy baked chicken and veggies with a healthy grain, a starchy item like potatoes, sweet potatoes, or squash, or perhaps just serve a simple side salad.
Being able to cook your chicken and veggies together makes cooking dinner that much faster. They key here is pairing the chicken cubes with quick cooking vegetables such as asparagus, zucchini, green beans, baby tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, onions, and bell peppers.
If you're wondering if you SHOULD cook chicken with vegetables together, your concern is probably over food contamination. As long as you cook the chicken to a safe temperature of 165 F, you can cook chicken and veggies together. We highly recommend using a digital meat thermometer to check the internal cooking temp.
More Sheet Pan Recipes
- Sheet pan chicken fajitas
- Sheet pan chicken thighs and sweet potatoes
- Sheet pan roasted vegetables
- Portobello mushroom pizzas