If you are looking for something different for dinner tonight then look no further than this – our lemon pepper wings air fryer recipe! We are going to take your chicken wings to a whole new place when we season them in a whole new way with lemon pepper seasoning and top them with a honey glaze (optional, but so tasty!). The best part?? Our WHOLE LOTTA YUM lemon pepper air fryer wings recipe needs less than 30-minutes to be on your table!
Lemon Pepper Air Fryer Wings
Chicken wings are a seriously amazing food option simply because there are so many different ways to serve and season them. And for this chicken wing recipe, we are going for bold and different with a lemon pepper wings air fryer recipe that beautifully blends sweet and tart when you add the honey glaze to the lemon pepper wings.
These air fryer chicken wings were so good that we all wondered why we hadn’t tried lemon pepper seasoning on chicken wings before.
We opted to pair our lemon pepper wings air fryer recipe with air fryer sides that are just as amazing! With options like homemade air fryer french fries, air fried radishes, and air fryer frozen broccoli, it’s so simple to create an entire meal using just the air fryer.
Why You’ll Love This!
- With a cooktime of just 18-minutes, your lemon pepper air fryer wings are a super quick dinner option, perfect for busy weeknights.
- The secret to our crispy chicken wings is that we make them with baking powder! And now that you know, this means that you can make lemon pepper wings right at home that are better than Wingstop.
- Our lemon pepper wings air fryer recipe is perfect for anyone who is trying to follow gluten-free, sugar-free, and dairy-free meal plans. To make your wings low-carb and keto compliant, see the diet adaptions listed below.
- Did we mention that these lemon pepper chicken wings need just 5 ingredients?!
Do you just love air fryer chicken wings?! We do, and that’s why we have several chicken wing recipes that are all made utilizing the cooking power of the air fryer including air fryer whole chicken wings, dry rub air fryer chicken wings, and traditional chicken wings in air fryer. Try one or try them all.
Lemon pepper air fryer wings is a recipe you are going to want to hold on to so you can make this again and again once you taste how amazing it is when we combine 5 basic ingredients to make a crispy, crunchy, and delicious chicken wing
- chicken wings – cut into drumettes and wingettes
- olive oil
- lemon pepper seasoning
HONEY GLAZE – optional
- butter – melted
- To make your lemon pepper wings air fryer recipe extra crispy make them with baking powder. Simply add the baking powder to the lemon pepper and olive oil mix and increase the olive oil to a total of 2 Tbsp.
- Keto – To make our lemon pepper wings air fryer recipe compliant with low-carb and keto lifestyles, make the wings but do not use the honey glaze.
Step by Step Instructions
Like many air fryer recipes, our air fryer lemon pepper wings is as simple as season, air fry, flip, and serve.
Blot the wings dry with paper towels.
In a medium-sized bowl, combine the wings, lemon pepper seasoning, and olive oil.
Place the wings in the bottom of the air fryer basket in a single layer.
Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Wings Temperature
Cook your lemon pepper air fryer wings in an air fryer that has been preheated to 400F for 5 minutes. You can preheat the air fryer unit while you are prepping the wings.
Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Wings Cooking Time
The wings will take a total of 18-19 minutes to cook.
They will need to be flipped halfway through cooking.
***Adding honey glaze is an optional step but highly recommended! To make the honey glaze, combine the honey and melted butter in a small bowl. Brush it on the wings during the last 5 minutes of cooking to get that slightly charred look or the glaze can be added after the wings are completely done cooking in the air fryer.
Sprinkle the cooking lemon pepper wings with additional lemon pepper seasoning mix before serving. Squeeze fresh lemon over the wings for an even stronger lemony flavor.
- Store bought lemon pepper seasoning incudes salt and pepper, no other seasoning besides the lemon pepper is needed.
- Preheating your air fryer for 5-minutes prior to cooking your lemon pepper air fryer chicken wings will ensure they start cooking as soon as you place them in the unit.
- Our lemon pepper wings air fryer recipe calls for trimmed drumettes and wingettes, if you’re using whole chicken wings they could take an extra 1-2 minutes to cook.
You can store cooked chicken wings in the fridge for up to 4 days in a covered container.
You can reheat leftover chicken wings right in the air fryer! Simply preheat the air fryer on 400 F for 5 minutes. Then, place the chicken wings in a single layer in the air fryer and cook them for 2-4 minutes, or until they are warmed through.
More Air Fryer Wings Recipes
Looking for more air fryer wings recipes?
- Air Fryer Whole Chicken Wings
- Dry Rub Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Traditional Chicken Wings in Air Fryer
- 1.25 lb chicken wings, cut into drumettes and wingettes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon pepper seasoning
- HONEY GLAZE - optional
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 F for 5 minutes
- Blot the wings dry with paper towels, this helps to remove moisture and make crispy wings.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the wings, lemon pepper seasoning, and olive oil.
- Place the wings in the bottom of the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- The wings will take a total of 18-19 minutes to cook, flip them after halfway.
- Adding honey glaze is an optional step but highly recommended! In a small bowl mix the honey and melted butter. Brush them on the wings in the last 5 minutes of cooking to get that slightly charred look or the glaze can be added after the wings are completely done cooking in the air fryer.
- Sprinkle with more lemon pepper seasoning mix before serving. Squeeze fresh lemon over the wings for an even stronger lemony flavor. Enjoy!
Store-bought lemon pepper seasoning includes salt and pepper, no other seasoning besides the lemon pepper is needed.
More salt and pepper or lemon pepper can be sprinkled on the wings after cooking if desired.
This recipe calls for trimmed drumettes and wingettes, if you're using whole chicken wings they could take an extra 1-2 minutes to cook.
To make extra crispy lemon pepper wings with baking powder, add the baking powder to the lemon pepper and olive oil mix and increase the olive oil to a total of 2 Tbsp.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
COSORI 5.8 QT Electric Hot Oven Oilless Cooker LED Touch Digital Screen with 11 Presets, Preheat and Shake Reminder, Nonstick Basket, Black, 5.8QT
Silicone Basting Pastry Brush Spread Oil Butter Sauce Marinades for BBQ Grill Baking Kitchen Cooking, Baste Pastries Cakes Meat Sausages Desserts, Food Grade, Dishwasher safe