These roasted herbed potatoes make an easy, no-hassle side dish perfect for busy weeknights. With a few minutes of prep work, these parmesan and herb potatoes can be in the oven letting you focus on the main dish or allow you a few minutes to catch up with your family after a busy day. Oil, herbs, and parmesan combine on your potatoes, and the finished product is an herbed potato that hits all the right notes. It's a WHOLE LOTTA YUM!
Italian Herbed Potatoes
Roasting vegetables is always a great way to enjoy the flavors of the vegetable while adding in some complementary flavor elements. And most roasted veggie recipes are super simple. Chop, oil, season, and bake. Whether you use Yukon gold potatoes, red potatoes, or mixed-colored potatoes, your family will love this zesty variation of classic roasted red potatoes.
While my husband follows a keto lifestyle, I still like to enjoy the occasional dish without counting carbs. These oven-roasted herbed potatoes are one of those dishes that I love to add in once in a while - even if he is not going to eat them with me. The mix of waxy, red potatoes, oil, herbs, and parmesan just hit a flavor note and texture you can't get elsewhere.
Plus, this side is perfect for when we are hosting non-low-carb or keto guests. I can easily whip these potatoes up and serve them alongside pan-fried asparagus and air fried pork chops to create a meal that works for a variety of food lifestyles, all around one table.
Why You'll Love This!
- Super simple, our herbed potatoes uses ingredients that are common to just about every kitchen.
- Our Italian seasoned potatoes is made with a blend of flavors that works together to bring out each one.
- Oven-roasted herbed potatoes make a great dinner side dish but are also a fantastic addition to brunch.
- Parmesan herbed potatoes are a great dish for those adhering to paleo, whole30, and vegetarian lifestyles. You can easily make this dish vegan, too (see adaptations below).
- With a prep time of just 7-minues, Italian seasoned potatoes is a side dish that is oven ready super quick so you can focus on your main dish, chat with family and friends, or simply relax while the oven does the cooking.
If you are looking for even more roasted vegetable side dishes, then be sure to check out our oven roasted radishes, cheesy baked green beans, oven roasted Brussel sprouts, and garlic and herb roasted broccoli.
On Keto? Grab our FREE keto foods list here OR Snag our Keto Binder HERE
For our oven-roasted herbed potatoes, we are starting with baby reds, then seasoning them with olive oil, Italian seasoning, and grated parmesan to create a soft and savory dinner side.
- olive oil
- herbs de Provence or Italian seasoning
- baby red potatoes
- garlic cloves - minced
- grated parmesan
- sea salt
- ground black pepper
- garnish - fresh parsley or herbs
- Baby Red Potaotes - While we love baby reds for this recipe, you can also opt for Yukon, red, or purple potatoes.
- Garlic - Fresh garlic cloves is best, but garlic powder will also so.
- Paremesan - Can be removed if preferred.
- Vegan - Make these herbed potatoes vegan by omiting the parmesan cheese.
Step by Step Instructions
Preheat your oven to 400F and make sure your rack is in the middle position.
Chop your potatoes into bite-sized chunks, as uniformly as possible. Some of mine only required cutting in half, while others did require quartering. Either way, uniform sizing helps to ensure uniform cooking.
In a medium-sized bowl add the oil, Italian seasoning or herbs de Provence, grated parmesan, minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
Stir to combine all ingredients.
Add the chopped potatoes to the bowl and toss to combine them with the seasoning and oil.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Spread the potatoes evenly on the prepared pan and bake until crispy and cooked through. Turn the potatoes every 15 minutes to get them evenly browned.
The total bake time is 35-40 minutes.
Once your potatoes have reached your desire doneness, remove them from the oven.
Sprinkle them with additional salt and pepper (if desired). Garnish with fresh parsley or fresh herbs.
Dig in! Makes 6 side-dish servings.
- For even cooking, we do recommend you cut your potatoes as evenly as possible.
- Be sure to not over-crowd your baking sheet. Your herbed potatoes need plenty of space to roast in the oven.
- You can make these ahead of time and reheat them. Perfect for meal-prepping on the weekend!
- For extra flavor, sprinkle potatoes with a little bit of additional shredded cheese for the last 10-minutes of bake time.
You can serve your herbed potatoes with a variety of protein options and vegetable sides. For a quick meal, we highly recommend pan-fried asparagus and air fried pork chops.
You can store any leftover Italian seasoned potatoes in the fridge in a covered container. Leftovers will last up to 5 days if stored properly.
Absolutely! If you need roasted herbed potatoes for a crowd simply double the recipe listed above and cook on two separate baking sheets. Swap the position of the racks halfway through cooking.
More Easy Side Dish Recipes
Looking for more side dish recipes?
Come connect with us on Instagram! Be sure to tag us (wholelotta.yum) when you make a recipe. You can also find us on Facebook, and Pinterest.
We make Lipton potatoes often and these are SO much better! I just used red potatoes and cut them down to size. I also made extra hoping to have a few for lunch, but the Mister devoured them all. These will definitely be the new go to, thanks!
Thanks for letting us know! It's easy to double the recipe by using two sheet pans to make sure there's leftovers 😉