These dry rub baked chicken wings are just what every wing fan is looking for when they are craving restaurant-style wings but don't want to have to go out for dinner. Extra crispy on the outside (thanks to a secret ingredient) and full of flavor on the inside, these BBQ chicken wings are seriously a WHOLE LOTTA YUM.
Baked Dry Rub Wings
We are seriously obsessed with chicken wings in our home! Typically we cook them in the air fryer since they cook a little quicker than oven baked wings, but we've been wanting to test baked baking powder wings for quite a while. The result? Our daughter claims that this recipe is the best wings she's ever tasted!
These dry rub baked wings are seriously easy to prep leaving you free to pair them with your favorite BBQ-style sides! We love to mix-and-match everything from baked cauliflower mac and cheese to collard greens.
I don't know about you, but we love a great chicken wing anyway we can get it! Luckily, these little pieces of chicken heaven are super adaptable to a variety of sauces, seasoning, and cooking methods. Be sure to try our pan fried chicken wings and our dry rub air fryer wings recipes and see for yourself just how versatile this chicken cut truly can be.
Why You'll Love This!
- Our baked chicken wings dry rub recipe includes a secret ingredient that ensures your wings come out extra crispy every time!
- Make your baked chicken wings with your favorite store-bought dry rub or follow our easy recipe for a homemade BBQ chicken dry rub that is ready in just 5 minutes!
- Gluten-free, dairy-free, keto-friendly, and low carb, our dry rub baked chicken wings are an easy way to stick with your preferred eating plan while never sacrificing flavor.
- A few minutes of prep work and then you are free to mingle with guests, prepare the sides, or sit back and relax while your oven does all of the hard work transforming your chicken wings into crisp, delicious, baked BBQ chicken wings.
On Keto? Grab our FREE keto foods list here OR Snag our Keto Binder HERE
You just need 4 ingredients to make our dry rub baked chicken wings... and possibly a few napkins. You know? Finger foods. 😉
- chicken wing sections - we love to buy the wings already cut into drumettes and wingettes so we don't have to trim them.
- olive oil
- chicken rub - homemade chicken rub or store-bought. For the dry rub wings we used our dry rub for baked chicken wings recipe, well technically it was for air fried wings but the recipe works for all methods!
- baking powder - the secret ingredient that takes your dry rub baked wings from good to WOW!
Chicken wings - while we are loving this method for wings, there is no one telling you that you cannot try this with chicken breasts or thighs, or even a whole bird. Simply adjust the baking time to accommodate the larger pieces.
Keto/Low Carb - to ensure your dry rub is compliant with low-carb and keto lifestyles, always read the label. Sugar is a common ingredient in most store-bought seasoning blends. When in doubt, make your own easily with our keto-friendly chicken dry rub.
Step by Step Instructions
Preheat the oven, season the chicken, and then let them bake to perfection to you and your whole family can enjoy these easy dry rub baked chicken wings.
Preheat the oven to 425F and put the oven rack in the middle position.
Blot the chicken wings dry with paper towels and set them aside. Be sure to blot them very well - removing the excess moisture is what helps to get them crispy during cooking!
In a medium-sized bowl add the chicken wings, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 2 tablespoon of chicken dry rub, and 1 tablespoon of baking powder.
Toss to combine. Be sure that all of the chicken pieces are evenly covered with rub seasoning.
Arrange the seasoned chicken wings on a baking pan, skin side up.
Place the pan of wings in the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes.
Flip the wings and then continue baking for an additional 15-25 minutes, until they're crispy and browned to your liking.
Serve with BBQ sauce, Ranch dressing, or your favorite sauces. Enjoy!
- This recipe is based on using thawed chicken wings, not frozen.
- Any chicken rub will work with our dry rub baked chicken wing recipe.
- Flipping the chicken wings is necessary to get even crisp and cooking.
- Cooking times may vary slightly based on the size of your chicken wings or if you are using whole wings instead of wing pieces. Always cook chicken to an internal temperature of 165F.
Pair your dry rub baked chicken wings with baked cauliflower mac and cheese and collard greens for a truly delicious dinner!
Stored in the refrigerator in a covered container, left over baked chicken wings will be good for up to 4 days according to the USDA.
You sure can! Preheat your air fryer to 400F for 5 minutes. Combine the rub, olive oil, and wings. Lay the wings in a single layer and air fry for 17-19 minutes.
More Chicken Wings Recipes
Looking for more chicken wing recipes?
- Air fryer chicken wings dry rub
- Frozen chicken wings in air fryer
- Air fryer chicken wings
- Pan fried chicken wings
Come connect with us on Instagram! Be sure to tag us (wholelotta.yum) when you make a recipe. You can also find us on Facebook, and Pinterest.
Leave a Reply