We are bringing you 15 of the absolute best-stuffed pepper recipes so you can make dinner quickly and easily. Stuffing bell peppers with a mix of meat and cheese, both with or without rice, is always a great way to serve up a healthy dinner for your family.
The recipes for stuffed peppers include ideas from our site as well as other foodie websites. Be sure to scroll all the way to the bottom to get our popular classic stuffed pepper recipe. It’s a WHOLE LOTTA YUM!
We are always on the lookout for new stuffed bell pepper recipes. Not only are stuffed bell peppers a super simple dinner option they are super easy whether you make a traditional stuffed pepper with rice or if you opt to make a homemade bell pepper without rice to comply with low-carb or gluten-free lifestyles. Plus, the majority of stuffed bell pepper recipes are perfect for meal prep days allowing you to cook once and eat throughout the week.
Whether you are looking for meat-stuffed peppers, including cheesesteak, buffalo chicken, tuna, and taco, or a vegetarian option, we have you covered. We are also including recipes for min bell peppers stuffed with Boursin cheese, soups, and casseroles that are stuffed bell pepper-inspired recipes and perfect to change things up.
We use a lot of bell peppers in our home and our cooking because the flavor is unmatched! If you want to try cooking bell peppers of all colors and sizes in some new and different ways be sure to check out our air fryer bell peppers, perfect to go alongside Italian sausages, and our baked chicken sausage recipe, a delicious sheet pan meal that is loaded with peppers, broccoli, and potato.
And don’t forget the best bell pepper sides!
More Recipes with Bell Peppers
- 3 bell peppers, any color
- 1 lb ground beef (80/20)
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 3 tsp minced garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice, white or brown
- 1 1/4 cup marinara sauce
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese, cheddar, Colby-Jack, 3 cheese blend
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Wash the bell peppers, cut them in half and remove the membrane, and seeds.
- Place peppers in a baking dish, cut side up, and sprinkle them with a little salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, cook the ground meat in a pan for 6-7 minutes until browned and cooked through. Drain the grease and set the meat aside, cover with foil to keep warm.
- Saute the chopped onion for 3-4 minutes, add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute until the onion is
- Add marinara sauce, dried basil, salt and ground black pepper to the same pan mix together and simmer on medium-low for 2 minutes until heated through.
- Stir in ground meat and cook until warm.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.
- Spoon the meat and sauce mixture into the peppers, add a small spoonful of marinara on the top, and a sprinkle of cheese to each pepper half. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with chives or fresh parsley if desired. Enjoy!
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1/2 pepper
Amount Per Serving Calories 568Total Fat 35gSaturated Fat 17gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 135mgSodium 785mgCarbohydrates 23gFiber 2gSugar 6gProtein 40g
I suggest you calculate the nutritional content of the ingredients you're using and to just use the one in the recipe as a general estimate. Calories and carbs can vary by ingredients. make sure to use sugar free marina sauce.