Air fryer shrimp with Old Bay seasoning is the BEST way to make a quick and easy shrimp dish with just the right amount of kick. Ready in just 10 minutes, air fryer Old Bay shrimp is a staple seafood recipe in our home and it's to become your favorite way to make raw shrimp, too. It's a WHOLE LOTTA YUM!
Air Fryer Old Bay Shrimp
We love cooking raw shrimp. There is something simple and inviting about a main dish that is ready in just minutes - plus, it always tastes amazing! For our air fryer Old Bay shrimp recipe we are keeping it simple with just 3 ingredients and letting the simplicity of the shrimp shine with the spicy kick that Old Bay seasoning is known for.
When we paired the Old Bay air fryer Shrimp with some air fryer baby potatoes and air fryer frozen corn we know we are making a delicious shrimp dinner that makes both cooking and clean-up a breeze. Consider it an air fryer shrimp boil recipe, especially when you serve it with our stovetop seafood boil sauce!
Why You'll Love This!
- We are keeping it super simple with our air fryer shrimp with Old Bay seasoning recipe, but making sure the flavor is on par for those who like it spicy.
- Make lunch or dinner in a snap! Our air fryer shrimp recipe needs less than 10 minutes, including prep work, to be on your plate.
- Our Old Bay seasoned shrimp recipe is a great way to stick to your healthy eating plans. Whether you prefer gluten-free, low-carb, keto, or sugar-free eating, this recipe helps you stick to your eating goals.
- This entire recipe needs just 3 ingredients and it's super easy to customize!
We do prefer to make air fryer Old Bay shrimp using raw shrimp, but you can opt for frozen as long as you thaw it before cooking.
- shrimp, raw, peeled, and deveined
- olive oil - other high-heat oils can be used as well like avocado oil
- Old Bay - Other seasonings that also work great for this recipe include cajun seasoning, McCormick's, salt and pepper, seafood rub, etc.
** Please see the recipe card at the bottom of the post for the exact quantities **
Step by Step Instructions
With just three easy steps, season, air fry, and enjoy, making air fryer Old Bay shrimp is a simple yet delicious recipe that is sure to become a family favorite.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 F for 5 minutes.
- Combine the shrimp with olive oil and Old Bay seasoning.
- Air fry the shrimp for a total of 4 minutes, but be sure to shake the air fryer basket after 2 minutes for even cooking.
- Optional ways to serve the shrimp are to drizzle it with melted honey butter or a seafood boil sauce. Enjoy!
- Feel free to adjust the Old Bay seasoning based on how spicy or mild you like your shimp.
- Purchasing frozen peeled and deveined shrimp saves you time. Rinse frozen shrimp under cold water until thawed (about 6-8 minutes).
- The shrimp can be cooked with the tail on or the tail off, tail on gives a nicer presentation.
- Other seasonings work great for this recipe such as cajun, McCormick's, salt and pepper, seafood rub, etc.
- The air fryer cooking time can vary since all air fryers are slightly different, so keep a close eye on the shrimp the first time you make this recipe. You want to cook the shrimp until it just turns pink. Shrimp goes from done to overcooked very quickly.
You can serve Old Bay shrimp with any variety of potato, pasta, rice, or vegetable sides that your family prefers.
Cooked shrimp will keep for 2-3 days in the fridge.
Yes, you can air fry shrimp with shell! Simply preheat your air fryer to 400F, season your shrimp pieces, and air fryer for 4 minutes, shaking the basket after 2 minutes. Serve with your favorite sauce or dip and enjoy!