These maple glazed air fryer carrots are just the side whether you are making these lovelies for a weeknight dinner or adding them to a festival table surrounded by friends and families. Cooking up in under 30-minutes, and topped with both brown sugar and maple syrup, these roasted carrots are a WHOLE LOTTA YUM way to easily flavor up your dinner table!
Air Fryer Baby Carrots
Baby carrots are a super versatile food that we always keep handy in our kitchen. Perfect for snacking on, serving alongside dips and dressing, or cooking up in a variety of ways, the baby carrot is a kitchen staple.
And when we flavored them up with a maple glaze and roasted them in our air fryer, this air fryer carrots dish was gone before the main course!
We love serving our maple glazed air fryer carrots alongside other air fryer dishes including air fryer pork chops and air fryer chicken thighs, or as part of a simple holiday meal including air fryer turkey breast.
Why You'll Love This!
- Utilizing baby carrots means this carrot air fryer recipe needs almost zero prep work!
- Made with just the right amount of brown sugar and maple syrup, our air fryer glazed carrots will give you just the perfect mix of sweet and savory.
- Air frying up in just 20-minutes, air fryer carrots is a quick dinner side that will always impress!
- Maple glazed air fried carrots are naturally gluten-free and can easily be adapted to comply with both sugar-free and dairy-free eating plans as well (see below).
We love using our air fryer to create a variety of flavorful vegetable sides to serve with our dinner! Be sure to check out our air fryer bell peppers and onions, air fryer asparagus with parmesan, and air fryer green beans with mushrooms.
Simple is the name of the game when it comes to making your air fryer carrots with maple glaze.
- baby carrots - whole carrots slice will also work
- brown sugar - or coconut sugar or golden monkfruit
- maple syrup - or sugar-free option
- sea salt
- Maple Syrup - You can use honey in place of the maple syrup.
- Herbed Carrots - In place of the maple syrup and/or brown sugar, use your favorite blend of herbs.
- Paleo - To make this recipe paleo, make sure you are using real maple syrup and omit the brown sugar.
- Sugar-Free - For a sugar-free recipe swap the brown sugar for coconut sugar, Swerve golden erythritol or Lakanto monkfruit.
- Dairy-Free - To make the recipe dairy-free, use a mild oil in place of the butter or use a vegan butter substitute.
Step by Step Instructions
Your air fryer carrots will be ready to serve in no time! We are going to preheat the unit and let the air fryer works it roasting magic.
Air Fryer Carrots Temperature
Preheat the air fryer to 380F. Most air fryers have a setting for preheating, but if yours does not you can simply turn the unit on and allow it to run for at least 5-minutes to come up to temperature.
For best results, line the air fryer basket or tray with parchment paper or foil.
Air Fryer Carrots Cook Time
Add the baby carrots and cook the unseasoned carrots for 10 minutes.
Stir or shake.
Sprinkle with brown sugar, sea salt, maple syrup, and dot with butter and combine.
Continue cooking for about 8-10 more minutes until cooked through.
Remove the carrots and transfer them to a serving bowl. Drizzle with more maple syrup if desired, and season with additional salt to taste.
Sprinkle with parsley or thyme for added color.
Serve and enjoy!
- Be sure you allow your air fryer to preheat before you begin cooking your air fryer carrots. Just like your oven, your air fryer requires time to come up to temperature to ensure proper cooking.
- You can buy air fryer parchment paper rounds or squares for your air fryer model instead of cutting your own. Make sure to line the air fryer to keep the sauce from dripping through to the bottom of your unit.
- To prevent burning, do not add the maple syrup and brown sugar until after the first 10-minutes of cooking time.
- Add a bit of variety by including other vegetables that cook in the same amount of time such as potatoes, parsnips, sweet potatoes, broccoli, zucchini, onions, green beans, and asparagus.
Serve your maple glazed air fryer carrots with other air fryer main dishes including air fryer pork chops and air fryer chicken thighs. You can also serve them for your holiday meal when you pair them with air fryer turkey breast.
You can store leftover air fryer carrots for up to 5 days in the fridge in a covered container.
Definitely! Air frying carrots is a quick and easy way to get a healthy side dish on the table quickly. Be sure to mix the carrots with oil and seasoning to keep them moist and from getting dried out.
Carrots are not usually part of a ketogenic program as they're too high in carbs. One cup of raw carrots have 9 net carbs per serving. In moderation a few pieces of carrots can be consumed following keto, but be sure to air fry the carrots in oil or butter with seasoning and do not add sweeteners like brown sugar, honey, or maple syrup.
More Air Fryer Vegetables
Looking for more air fryer vegetable recipes?
- Air Fryer Bell Peppers and Onions
- Asparagus Air Fryer Recipe
- Butternut Squash Air Fryer Recipe
- Air Fryer Green Bean and Mushrooms Recipe