This air fryer brie with honey is a perfectly melted and gooey addition to your next charcuterie board. Your guests will delight in this tastebud-pleasing appetizer. This quick recipe takes less than 15 minutes and you can prepare your crackers, and or full charcuterie board while your brie bakes. It's a Whole Lotta Yum!
✅ Get our FREE air fryer foods list here OR 🥘 Buy our Top 50 Air Fryer Recipes HERE
Air Fryer Baked Brie
Brie is the perfect staple when entertaining. It pairs well with a number of classic snack foods and is suitable as an appetizer while formally entertaining, as well as as a casual appetizer or snack during more casual entertaining such as a football game. In my house, we tend to serve brie for the fall holidays, and summer gatherings. But it makes an excellent crowd-pleasing choice for any time of year!
You can follow up this tasty appetizer with a yummy Chicken Salad with Cranberries and Pecans on a fresh roll.
Or follow this tasty appetizer up with a fresh Arugula Burrata Salad with Peaches. The perfect combo of those sweet fresh late summer peaches and the mild salty cheese.
Use the air fryer baked brie recipe to make a brie charcuterie board loaded with crackers, salami, other types of cheese, fresh fruits, and nuts. Instead of adding honey, you can also make brie with jam, fig and raspberry are our favorites.
This baked brie with honey recipe is as easy as it gets! You'll spend more time assembling the rest of your charcuterie board than you will baking brie in the air fryer. All you need is a round of brie cheese, and honey. Don't go for a brie wedge unless you don't mind it completely melting everywhere.
- Honey- There are so many honey variations you can use. I'm partial to local wildflower honey, but you can choose your favorite honey to top off your air fryer brie.
- Toppings - beyond your honey you can also serve your air fryer brie with some delicious toppings. Some of these toppings are walnuts or pecans, craisins and other dried fruit pieces.
An Air Fryer- We have a Cosori XL basket style air fryer, an Omni Plus oven style air fryer, and a small 3.2L Farberware basket style air fryer. The Cosori was used in this recipe.
Fruit Preserves- You can also omit the honey altogether and opt to serve your air fryer brie with fruit preserves or jam. Raspberry and fig are our favorites.
- Vegan- Vegan Brie- You CAN get vegan brie! It's dairy-free and pretty delicious! It's about three times the cost though, and usually doesn't come with a rind, so you would want to bake it in something like a puff pastry. You can also make your own vegan brie at home.
- Keto- This baked brie in air fryer recipe is keto friendly! Just go ahead and omit the honey which is high in carbs, and opt to top it with some nuts and dried fruit instead. The dried fruit will give you that little bit of sweetness you're missing from omitting the honey.
Step by Step Instructions
This brie in air fryer recipe is as easy as they come, with minimal steps, no clean up and done in less than 15 minutes.
Preheat Air Fryer
Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees for 4 minutes, or however long it takes your model to heat to 350.
While your air fryer is preheating, cut a small piece of parchment paper to line the bottom of your air fryer. Make sure it isn't too big, as it can be a fire hazard if the paper is folded up the sides of your air fryer.
Once preheated place your cut parchment paper in the bottom of the air fryer basket. Place the brie round in the center of the air fryer basket. Cook for 4 minutes for softened cheese, or cook for 8 minutes for melted cheese. (We recommend 6 minutes to avoid flooding your charcuterie board with melted cheese.)
Add a drizzle of honey for the last minute of cook time.
Carefully remove your brie from the air fryer and place it on a serving plate. You'll want to use a full-size flat spatula to scoop it up. If you cooked for the full 8 minutes you have to be diligent in moving your cheese so you don't puncture the rind prematurely and send your melted cheese cascading everywhere.
- This recipe is based on using a whole round of brie cheese. You don't want to use a wedge or cut your brie before cooking. Even with the parchment paper, you'll end up with a big melty mess.
- Speaking of a big melty mess, leave the rind on your cheese! If you cut the rind off before cooking you'll end up with the same problem as cooking a wedge.
- You do not need to flip you're air fryer brie. In fact, you don't want to! You could puncture your rind and risk a cheese leak. You want to wait until your brie is plated before you have cheese oozing out.
- Don't forget to line your air fryer with a piece of parchment paper! Don't do this until after your air fryer is preheated. If you put parchment paper in your air fryer without weighing it down it will blow to the top and you risk it catching on fire.
Yes of course! Although when you make baked brie you may find the melted cheese spills out away from the rind. But yes, it is all edible or you can cut it off when serving if you prefer.
You can serve brie warm or cold. Warmed brie is melty, and becomes more like a dip. Just be sure you have a cheese knife if serving it cold so you can cut through the rind.
More Brie Recipes
- Brie charcuterie board
- Baked brie with jam
- Brie with fig jam
- Brie with raspberry jam
Come connect with us on Instagram! Be sure to tag us (wholelotta.yum) when you make a recipe. You can also find us on Facebook, and Pinterest.
Leave a Reply