A simple yet incredible 4 ingredient honey balsamic dressing to use on your favorite salads or to drizzle over roasted vegetables. You'll never buy store-bought dressing again and you can whip up our honey balsamic vinaigrette in just 5 minutes! It's a WHOLE LOTTA YUM!
Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette
This recipe is one from my late father, my parents always made it in large batches and they literally put it on their salad every single night. They fondly called the honey balsamic dressing over mixed greens "Mazama greens," since Mazama, WA is where they were living at the time.
Serve the dressing over our peach burrata arugula salad or our kale and avocado salad, it has so much flavor, just serving it over your favorite type of greens or roasted veggies packs plenty of flavor.
The honey balsamic vinaigrette just has 4 basic ingredients, most likely you already have them on hand. This is seriously so easy ~ and delicious! ~ you'll have this memorized in no time.
- balsamic vinegar
- extra virgin olive oil
- minced garlic clove
** Please see the recipe card at the bottom of the post for the exact quantities **
To change up the dressing, you can also use a different type of vinegar instead of balsamic, try mixing in a touch of dijon, or even add some fresh herbs.
The honey balsamic vinaigrette is gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, paleo, and Whole30.
- Vegan- use maple syrup or agave nectar instead of honey
Step by Step Instructions
While you of course can mix the dressing in a blender or in a bowl, when we make it in small batches using an 8 oz mason jar is the way to go. Simply add the ingredients and give it a shake. Shake it again before serving.
- Add the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, honey, and minced garlic clove to a jar. Put on the lid and shake it up. As an alternative, you can also combine it in a blender or food processor.
- Store the honey balsamic dressing in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Enjoy!
- The recipe makes a single serving batch for one large dinner salad, it's easy to scale up by chance it becomes your new favorite vinaigrette!
- Large batch quantities: ¾ cup balsamic, ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil, 2 tablespoon minced garlic, ½ cup + 1 tablespoon honey
- Change up the dressing by using a different type of vinegar, maple syrup can be swapped for honey, and you can mix in other ingredients like a dab of dijon mustard or minced fresh herbs.
Salads to Serve it With
- Arugula burrata salad with peaches
- Antipasto salad
- Caprese salad with fresh burrata
- Greek tomato cucumber salad