Looking for the best healthy cake to make for you, a friend, or the family but want to be sure everyone will enjoy it?
Here are 25 amazing healthy cake recipes to cure the sweet cravings, are keto friendly, low sugar, gluten free, low-calorie, and vegan, and may become your new favorite recipe!
And be sure to scroll to the very bottom to print the recipe card for our healthy flourless chocolate torte!
Whether you want a sweet alternative or are in the mood for cake but want to feel healthy with whatever you're making, there are countless healthy cake recipes that are perfect for numerous occasions and having around. Do you ever go to a birthday party or special event and are looking for a healthier option or anything vegan? This post can be an inspiration to you to encourage and make more amazing gluten free, low sugar, vegan cakes that are right up your alley and others may appreciate!
Everyone has preferences when it comes to sweets and in this case healthy cake. You can take any cake you desire, on the chocolate side, with nuts, fruity, sour, layered, a mix, etc. and make it healthy. There's something for everyone, diverse flavors and different ingredients that make each cake vegan, low carb, low sugar, gluten free and keto, while still a whole lotta YUM!
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips, sugar-free
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar-free granulated sweetener (granulated sugar, monk fruit, or erythritol)
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder, optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- ½ cup Dutch process cocoa powder (NOT standard cocoa powder)
- GANACHE GLAZE (optional)
- ½ cup chocolate chips, sugar-free
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Grease the bottom of an 8" springform pan, add an 8" circle of parchment paper, and grease that lightly as well.
- Add the chocolate chips and butter in a medium-size glass mixing bowl. Microwave the chips and butter in 30-second increments until they're melted (60-90 seconds). Stir to combine.
- Add in and mix the sweetener, espresso powder, and vanilla extract. Add the eggs, beating them briefly into the mix until they're smooth. Mix in the Dutch process cocoa powder. **NOTE: You must use Dutch process cocoa powder and NOT standard unsweetened cocoa powder (VERY bitter compared to Dutch process).
- Spoon the batter into the bottom of the springform pan.
- Bake the flourless chocolate cake for about 30+ minutes, or until the torte jiggles slightly in the center but is almost all the way set.
- Let the cake rest for 10 minutes in the pan on top of a cooling rack and then remove the springform mold.
- To make the ganache: combine chocolate chips and heavy whipping cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds then stir and microwave for another 15 seconds. Drizzle on your cooked cake prior to cutting. Let it cool.
Dust the cake with powdered sugar-free sweetener if desired, or add berries and whipped cream.
DUTCH process cocoa powder MUST be used and not standard unsweetened cocoa powder. Standard unsweetened cocoa powder is very bitter, whereas unsweetened Dutch-process is not.
Be very careful microwaving the chocolate, it can burn very quickly. Remove the chocolate from the microwave when the chips are almost melted, they'll finish melting when you stir the mix. You can melt the chocolate over the stove using a double boiler instead, which is easier to keep an eye on.
If you don't have a 8" springform pan you can use a standard 8" cake pan instead! You'll still grease it and add parchment paper like a springform pan. Loosen the edges with a table knife and turn it over onto a serving plate. The top will now be on the bottom, and the edges will also crumble a bit. Add the ganache after the torte cools.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Pinterest
Be sure to pin the healthy cake recipes pin to Pinterest so you can find it again later!
V V V