Quick and easy breaded chicken tenders in your air fryer that cook in less than 10 minutes. These air fryer chicken tenders with flour no breadcrumbs turn out crispy in no time! Serve with your favorite dipping sauce. It's a WHOLE LOTTA YUM!
Chicken Tenders in Air Fryer with Flour
I can't think of a better family-pleasing meal than making quick and easy homemade chicken tenders, everyone will feel like they're eating out but dinner will cost far less and they'll taste better too!
Whether you don't have breadcrumbs or don't want to eat breadcrumbs, you'll be thrilled to know they aren't even necessary to get crispy chicken tenders! Our air fryer chicken tenders with flour and eggs recipe dips the chicken in a flour then egg mix before air frying until they reach perfection.
All of the ingredients for our air fryer chicken tenders (with flour no breadcrumbs) recipe just uses simple basics you already have on hand. It's a super easy recipe to modify if you don't have all of the seasonings, just swap out for your favorite pre-mixed grocery store seasoning.
- raw chicken tenders, 7-8 - some packs come with 5-6 tenders, others come with 7-8, we always just buy 1 pack and add or reduce cooking time a bit depending on size. These are sometimes called chicken tenderloins or you can slice chicken breast meat to make chicken strips.
- large eggs - beaten eggs are necessary to help the flour to stick
- all-purpose flour - used to coat the chicken instead of breadcrumbs.
- seasonings - sea salt, paprika, garlic powder, ground back pepper. Adds flavor to the coated chicken.
- Cooking spray - used to spray on the chicken after you dip it in the coating, it not only helps it to keep the coating on it increases crispiness.
** Please see the recipe card at the bottom of the post for the exact quantities **
- Whole30-use almond flour
- Gluten Free-use gluten-free flour
- Keto-use almond flour, mixing in shredded parmesan cheese is great too.
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 400 F.
- You'll need too low flat bowls or dishes to dredge the chicken tenders. In the first dish, add the flour. In the second, add the eggs and beat them, and mix in the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika.
- Dip the first chicken tender into the flour on both sides. Next, dredge the chicken into the seasoned beaten eggs. Shake off the excess egg.
- Lastly, dip the chicken tender back into the flour. Shake off the excess flour.
- Continue dredging all of the chicken tenderloins and lay them in the preheated air fryer basket. Spritz or spray the chicken tenders on both sides with olive oil or avocado oil.
- Air fryer the chicken tenders with flour coating at 400 F for a total of 8-10 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 F when tested with a digital meat thermometer. Enjoy!
- Serve tenders with your favorite dipping sauce such as BBQ, ranch, mustard sauce, or ketchup.
- Feel free to experiment with the seasoning based on what you're cooking for dinner. Adding Italian seasoning, dried rosemary, chicken rub, or your favorite store-bought seasoning such as McCormick's can be used instead.
- This is not a good recipe to double unless you want to cook the chicken in batches, the chicken needs to be spaced out in the air fryer for even cooking.
- All air fryer models vary slightly and might cook a little faster or slower than the Cosori used to test the recipe. Be sure to keep a close eye on the recipe the first time you go to make it so the chicken doesn't overcook.
To make a complete meal, serve the crispy chicken tenderloins with potatoes, fries, broccoli, a simple green salad, baked potatoes, sweet potato fries, or roasted Brussels sprouts.
The air fryer chicken tenders with flour no breadcrumbs will keep for 3-4 days in the fridge.
More Air Fryer Chicken Tenders Recipes
- Air fryer BBQ chicken tenders
- Keto air fryer chicken tenders
- Healthy air fryer chicken tenders (no breading)
- Air fryer frozen chicken strips
- Air fryer frozen chicken tenders (no breading)