Air fryer bacon wrapped green beans will be your new favorite side dish when you want something impressive yet super easy! Just brush the bundles with seasoning and sweetener to make a delicious and easy side dish in less than 20 minutes. It's a WHOLE LOTTA YUM!
If you want to impress your family or dinner guests, making these super simple air fryer bacon wrapped green beans is the way to do it. Other than just air frying a basic veggie, you can't get a much easier recipe than this delicious side dish.
We love to serve them on our holiday table instead of a green bean casserole. And whether or not you decide to add sweetener and a spicy kick is entirely up to you. They're super delish without the extra seasonings.
Serve the air fryer bacon wrapped green beans with air fryer smashed potatoes and air fryer turkey tenderloin for a complete air fryer meal!
If you're looking for more air fryer green bean recipes, be sure to try cooking them from frozen or making our green bean and mushroom recipe.
- green beans - haricots verts, the thin French green beans were used for recipe testing. If you use thicker green beans they could take slightly longer to cook. We bought them already trimmed and cleaned in a bag.
- bacon - applewood smoked was used, any variety of bacon can work. The thickness level of the bacon could impact the cooking time of the recipe.
- Sweetener- brown sugar, honey, or a sugar-free sweetener such as monk fruit
- salt and pepper
- garlic chili oil or chili powder for a little heat (optional) - purchased from Trader Joe's, optional but highly recommend on just about anything!
** Please see the recipe card at the bottom of the post for the exact quantities **
- Air fryer- our favorite model is a Cosori
The recipe as written is already gluten free and dairy free.
- Whole30/Paleo- skip the sweetener
- Keto/Low carb-skip the brown sugar or use golden monk fruit or golden erythritol instead.
How to Make Air Fryer Green Beans and Bacon
The air fryer green bean and bacon bundles recipe are as simple as prepping the green beans, wrapping each bundle with a slice of bacon, seasoning them, and air frying.
- Preheat the air fryer to 370 F for 5 minutes.
- Wash and prep the green beans, removing the stem. Bundle the beans together in groups of six. Wrap a slice of bacon around the green bundle overlapping slightly as you wrap.
- Place the seam side down in the air fryer. Brush or spray with a little olive oil and sprinkle them with salt and pepper. Air fry at 370 F for 10-12 minutes or until the bacon is crisp and the green beans are cooked through. There's no need to flip the bundles over during cooking.
- To add brown sugar, sprinkle it on the green bean bundles in the last 3 minutes of cooking, sugars burn quickly in the air fryer so we just add it at the end. Garlic chili oil adds a nice kick with the sweet and slightly spicy contrast.
- You can blanche green beans prior to cooking to set the bright green color, but to be honest, that's extra work and we didn't find it necessary.
- No toothpicks are need to secure the bundles, just make sure the seam side is down and it'll secure itself during cooking.
- Make sure to leave space between the bacon wrapped green beans in order for the bacon to get nice and crisp.
The air fryer green beans and bacon will last for up to 3 days. The bacon will go soft but you can crisp it back up in the air fryer by cooking it for 1-2 minutes.
More Green Bean Recipes
- Air fryer frozen green beans
- Cheesy baked green beans
- Hamburger green bean casserole
- Air fryer green bean and mushrooms recipe
Come connect with us on Instagram! Be sure to tag us (wholelotta.yum) when you make a recipe. You can also find us on Facebook, and Pinterest.
Leave a Reply