With our sugar free cocktail sauce, you can add all the flavor you know and love to your favorite seafood dishes without adding anything you don't want. Made without sugar, our low carb recipe for cocktail sauce is perfect for shrimp cocktail, crab, and oysters. Ready in less than 10 minutes, it's a WHOLE LOTTA YUM!
Keto Cocktail Sauce
We love making homemade sauces and seasoning blends in our home kitchen! Not only can we tweak the flavors, but we can make sure that our versions are compliant with our specific eating plans. This keto cocktail sauce is a great way to add flavor to your favorite low carb seafood recipes without sacrificing taste.
If you need some inspiration to use this keto friendly shrimp cocktail sauce, why not try our boiled shrimp recipe, these homemade crab cakes (low carb adaptation included), or this delicious seafood boil? It's a great way to enjoy fresh seafood and have something different for dinner.
And if you are looking for a quick and easy tartar sauce or lemon caper sauce for your next seafood buffet, we've got you covered.
Why You'll Love This!
- Our sugar free cocktail sauce is a quick and easy homemade sauce that is perfect for all of your homemade seafood recipes.
- This no sugar cocktail sauce recipe keeps all the flavors you know and love without the sugar your healthy lifestyle may not want to include.
- Sugar free means our cocktail sauce recipe complies with low-carb and keto lifestyles.
- Ready in just a few minutes, and made from ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen, our sugar free shrimp cocktails sauce is a recipe you are going to love having up your sleeve.
No sugar ketchup is key to making sure your keto cocktail sauce has little to no sugar.
- ketchup - be sure you use a no sugar variety. We love Primal Kitchen brand
- horseradish sauce - again, be sure you are using a sugar-free version or making a homemade sauce.
- lemon juice - freshly squeezed
- hot sauce
- Worchestershire sauce - optional, but it does add a great flavor element. While Worchestershire sauce does contain a small amount of sugar, the amount used in the recipe adds no sugar to the cocktail sauce.
** Please see the recipe card at the bottom of the post for the exact quantities **
Step by Step Instructions
Our low carb cocktail sauce is ready in just minutes and is the perfect homemade seafood sauce for all of your shrimp cocktail recipes.
Assemble the Sauce
In a small,l bowl combine the sugar-free ketchup, horseradish sauce, fresh lemon juice, hot sauce, and Worchestershire sauce.
Serve the cocktail sauce recipe with chilled shrimp or other types of seafood. Enjoy!
- The Worchestershire sauce is optional but it adds a nice kick, the sugar in the sauce is negligible so many keto dieters still eat it. You leave it out or substitute coconut aminos.
- It's critical to use a ketchup brand without sugar like Primal Kitchen and buy or make sugar-free horseradish sauce or this won't be a sugar-free recipe.
- The horseradish sauce and hot sauce can be increased or decreased based on how much of a kick you want in your sauce. Start with less and add more if preferred.
Cocktail sauce is most widely used with shrimp cocktail, but it can also be served with other shrimp or white fish dishes. Alternatively, there are uses for this spicey ketchup that includes using it with burgers and fries.
Homemade shrimp cocktail sauce lasts 1 week in the fridge.
Store-bought or traditional cocktail sauce does have a lot of sugar because of the sugar found in the ketchup or recipes that use chili sauce. You can make a no sugar free cocktail sauce at home using sugar free ketchup. Worcestershire does have a has a negligible amount of sugar in it, but it's so small it doesn't add sugar to the final recipe.