We are bringing in a collection of some of the best cheesesteak recipes you can find online. In this post, we are sharing traditional recipes for cheesesteak sandwiches, crockpot, and baked varieties, and creative ideas including shaved steak stuffed peppers and casserole dishes.
We've included all of our recipes for cheesesteaks plus highly-rated recipes from other foodie websites. Be sure to scroll to the bottom of the post to get our easy BEST cheesesteak recipe to print! It's a WHOLE LOTTA YUM!
Whether it's a classic Philly cheesesteak sandwich, a traditional cheesesteak stuffed pepper, or a homemade shaved steak casserole with peppers and onions, our household loves all varieties of cheesesteak recipes. Today we are sharing with you 15 of the best cheesesteak recipes so you can have options, including some that are great for meal prep days, and, of course, healthy selections that are compliant with low-carb or gluten-free lifestyles.
What kind of options? How about a classic Philly cheesesteak sandwich with peppers and onions, a Philly cheesesteak sloppy joe made with ground beef, cheesesteak sliders, shaved steak stuffed egg rolls, and even Philly cheesesteak stuffed shells!? The possibilities are endless when it comes to shaving steak, cheese, and vegetables.
Before we get into our authentic and adventurous cheesesteak recipes, we did want to share with you these fabulous keto ground beef recipes as well as these Instant Pot ground beef recipes. They may not be a shaved steak and cheese sandwich, but these beef recipes are sure to please your family.
More Beef Recipes
- 1 lb sliced ribeye steak
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red onion
- ½ lb crimini mushrooms
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 slices American cheese or provolone
- 4 hoagie rolls
- ½ cup mayo
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil put partially split sandwich rolls on the baking sheet and set aside.
- Thinly slice the steak if it didn't come pre-sliced and also slice the onions, peppers, and mushrooms.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the peppers, onion, and mushrooms to the pan. Cook and stir occasionally until they're very soft, which takes about 12-15 minutes.
- While the veggies are cooking, make the garlic mayo by combining the mayonnaise and minced garlic in a small bowl.
- Season the vegetables with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the vegetables to a bowl and cover them to keep them warm. Add another tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and add the beef. Saute the meat until it's just cooked through and starting to brown, which takes about 4-5 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and add the vegetables back to the pan. Add more salt and pepper if desired.
- Open each roll, generously spread the garlic mayo on both sides of the hoagie rolls and fill it with the beef and vegetable mixture, and top them with provolone cheese slices. Bake the Philly cheesesteak until the cheese is melted, for about 3-5 minutes. Enjoy!
Using high-quality steaks like ribeye, sirloin, or shaved beef will give you the best flavor. Freeze for 30 minutes if you need to slice the steaks before using them.
Double the beef and onions to make a traditional cheesesteak instead of our variation that includes peppers and mushrooms.
Optional yet popular additions include ketchup, Cheese Whiz, banana peppers, hot peppers, dried oregano, or mayo.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 762Total Fat 59gSaturated Fat 19gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 38gCholesterol 129mgSodium 1084mgCarbohydrates 19gFiber 2gSugar 6gProtein 40g
The nutrional information is just an estimate and was calculated by an automated calculator. If you're on a restricted health program please manually calculate this information using the brands of ingredients you have since brands can vary.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Pinterest