What's better than baked breaded chicken cutlets? Making tender, juicy, and crispy chicken cutlets with panko breadcrumbs, garlic, and paprika that are ready in under 30-minutes! Dinner is about to be a whole lot of easy and a WHOLE LOTTA YUM!
Chicken Cutlets in Oven
Crispy chicken cutlets in the oven are a quick and easy recipe that we love to dig out occasionally. Not only do we know we can whip up dinner in no time, we know it's going to come out perfect every single time. And, it's easy to dress it up or serve casually with various sides and sauces.
Whether you are going simple, serving your baked breaded chicken cutlets air fryer frozen broccoli and a side salad, or dressing up your dinner with pressure cooker scalloped potatoes and Italian baked zucchini and squash, you are going to love how crisp and juicy your panko-breaded chicken cutlets in the oven come out!
And be sure to try our air fryer chicken cutlets recipe too!
Why You'll Love This!
- A simple breading of panko breadcrumbs, garlic salt, and paprika creates a crispy, flavorful chicken cutlet that you are going to love!
- Opt for low-carb or keto-friendly breadcrumbs to create a gluten-free, low-carb, or keto version of our baked breaded chicken cutlets.
- Baked breaded chicken cutlets can be made whether you purchase chicken breasts or cutlets.
- With a cook time of just 15-minutes, you can create crispy chicken cutlets without deep frying.
- Easily adapt the flavoring to your unique preferences by including options such as cayenne, Italian seasoning, or herbs.
Some chicken cutlets, some panko breadcrumbs, some seasoning, and a few other kitchen staples are all you need to create the best baked breaded chicken cutlets in your oven!
- chicken cutlets - or large chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise
- large eggs
- panko breadcrumbs
- garlic salt
- ground black pepper
- olive oil
- Bread Crumbs - While panko bread crumbs do give a better crunch to your breaded baked chicken cutlets, you can use also use regular breadcrumbs or season breadcrumbs.
- Seasoning - Feel free to change up the garlic salt, paprika, and ground pepper to suit your own tastes. Experiment with herbs, Italian seasoning, taco seasoning, or cayenne pepper to create either a savory or spicy breaded chicken cutlet.
- Parmesan Cheese - Add in some shredded parmesan cheese to your breadcrumb and seasoning mixture for a great Italian breaded chicken cutlet.
- Gluten-Free - Opt for gluten-free flour and breadcrumbs.
- Keto- Opt for keto-approved flour and breadcrumbs.
Step by Step Instructions
These baked breaded chicken cutlets are super tasty and even easier to make! A quick dip in flour, egg, and breadcrumbs will season them up and get the cutlets ready to bake to perfections.
Preheat the oven to 400F, making sure the oven rack is in the center position.
If you have large chicken breasts, cut them in half lengthwise to make cutlets.
Using three small flat bowls or dishes, create a dredge station. In the first dish, add the flour. In the second dish add the eggs and beat them until smooth. In the third dish mix the panko bread crumbs, garlic salt, paprika, and ground black pepper.
Dip the first chicken cutlet in the flour on both sides.
Next, dredge the chicken on both sides in the beaten egg.
Lastly, dip the chicken cutlet in the bread crumb mix, making sure to coat both sides and let the remaining mix fall back into the bowl.
Lay the coated chicken cutlet on the baking sheet and continue dredging the remaining chicken pieces in the flour, egg, and bread crumb mix.
Once all of the chicken cuts are on the baking sheet, drizzle or spritz olive oil over the top of each piece.
Bake the chicken for 8 minutes and then flip it over. Continue cooking for 7 more minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 160F.
Let the crispy breaded chicken cutlets rest for 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with a little more garlic salt or salt and pepper if desired.
Serve and enjoy!
- Make your baked breaded chicken cutlets extra crispy by starting with a preheated, 400F oven.
- While you may be tempted to skip the flour and egg wash, these are important steps to creating a super crispy baked cutlet.
- To help crisp up the panko breading, drizzle or spitz oil on the breaded cutlets before placing them in the oven.
- Flipping half-way through cooking ensures even cooking for your baked breaded chicken cutlets and the best results!
Not sure how to make chicken cutlets from chicken breast? We have you covered with this quick and easy video tutorial!
Chicken cutlets are chicken breasts that have been cut thin and pounded out, generally to ¼-inch thickness. They are super tender and cook up faster than cooking a whole chicken breast.
Leftover baked breaded chicken cutlets can be stored for 4-5 days in the fridge. Reheat in the oven until crisp and warmed through.
Yes, you can double the chicken but you won't need to double the flour, egg, and breadcrumb mix. Increase these ingredients by 50% and you will be good to go.
More Chicken Recipes
Looking for more chicken recipes?
- Air fryer chicken cutlets
- Baked chicken tenders no breading
- Air fryer chicken tenders without breading
- Healthy pan fried chicken tenders
- Boiled chicken breast
- Spinach cream cheese stuffed chicken breasts