With our hot pocket air fryer recipe, we are going to show you how to utilize your favorite kitchen gadget to create a hot and crispy pizza pocket in just a few minutes! Actually, we are going to show you two ways to make them today, both in under 15-minutes, so your hot pocket in air fryer method will always be a WHOLE LOTTA YUM.
Hot Pockets In Air Fryer
We are not a family that eats a whole lot of prepared foods... but, there are times, especially now that we have an air fryer (ok, well actually a few air fryers), that we do enjoy a trip down the frozen foods section of our grocery store.
And so far, our air fryer has done a fabulous job of serving up some tasty frozen entrees!
My teenage son was more than happy to volunteer for our latest experiment in the world of frozen foods. Having never tried a hot pocket, he was curious as to whether or not a frozen calzone would taste anything like either a pizzeria version or a homemade one.
He, along with the rest of us were pleasantly surprised! We experimented and perfected two versions of our hot pocket air fryer recipe. It was time well spent for our family and a great opportunity to offer up something new for you.
Why You'll Love This!
- You can make a hot and crispy hot pocket in air fryer in as little as 5-minutes!
- Air fryer hot pockets are great as an afternoon snack, a quick kid-friendly dinner, or a night when the kids want to help in the kitchen.
- With the air fryer circulating warm air evenly around your pizza pocket, you no longer have to worry about a soggy hot pocket.
- Our hot pockets air fryer recipe works with all varieties and flavors of hot pockets.
- Cooking hot pocket in air fryer is so simple anyone can make this.
The air fryer is the ideal kitchen appliance for cooking up a variety of frozen foods from french fries to corn dogs, onion rings to jalapeno poppers! Creating a spread of kid-approved options has never been so easy.
You only need to grab your favorite flavor of hot pockets (and your air fryer, of course) to make our hot pockets air fryer recipe.
- hot pockets
Hot pockets - Our recipe will work with any variety of frozen pizza-style pockets including the lean options.
Step by Step Instructions
Preheat an air fryer, making your hot pocket in air fryer is truly that simple!
Preheat the air fryer to 400F for 5 minutes. If your model of air fryer does not preheat automatically for you, you can simply turn the unit on to 400F and allow it to run for 5 minutes.
Lay the hot pockets or pizza pockets in a single layer in the air fryer, making sure to leave space in between each. If you are cooking up more pizza pockets than will fit in your unit be sure to cook in batches.
Frozen Hot Pocket Cooking Time
Air fry the hot pocket for 11-13 minutes on one side until crispy and heated through.
Serve warm and enjoy!
Microwave/Air Fryer Method
If you are needing your air fryer hot pockets to cook up slightly faster, try our microwave/air fryer combo method! This method will have your pizza pockets ready in just 5 minutes.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400F for 3 minutes.
- While your unit is preheating, microwave the hot pocket for 2-3 minutes in the sleeve until heated.
- Remove the hot pockets from the sleeve and add them to the air fryer to crisp for 1-2 minutes. Enjoy!
- Preheating your air fryer may seem unnecessary, but just like your oven, it's essential to have the unit up to temperature before you begin cooking.
- When using your air fryer you do not need to use the sleeve that came with your hot pocket. The air fryer does all the crisping for you.
- Flipping the hot pocket halfway through cooking isn't necessary. However, if you prefer to flip your food, start the hot pockets facing upside down and then turn over to the top to finish cooking.
- As air fryers can vary slightly, keep an eye on your pizza pockets during the last few minutes of air frying to prevent over-cooking or burning.
Store any leftover air fryer hot pockets in the fridge in a covered container for up to 4 days.
You can reheat leftovers by preheating your air fryer to 400F and cooking the hot pockets for 2-3 minutes until they're heated through. To air fry hot pocket makes them much crisper than a microwave reheat can.
More Air Fryer Recipes
Looking for more air fryer recipes?
- Air fryer corn dogs
- Air fryer taquitos
- Air fryer frozen waffle fries
- Frozen egg rolls in air fryer
- Air fryer frozen jalapeno poppers