Having the air fryer cook times for many common food items makes it easy to put together air fryer meals without recipes. We’ve included a list of the air fryer cooking times for 50+ of the most popular air fryer foods in Fahrenheit.
And be sure to download the free copy of the air fryer cook times chart PDF to use for easy reference when you’re cooking!
This post may include affiliate links, including links to Amazon products. Read the full disclosure here.
Air Fryer Cooking Times VS Oven
You might be wondering how air fryer cooking times differs from using your oven and you’re curious as to why the air fryer cook times vs oven aren’t the same.
An air fryer is basically a small countertop convection oven, which circulates hot air around the food at high speed. This process cooks the food faster than a standard oven and at the same time, helps to caramelize the natural sugars in the food which brings out even more delicious flavor!
As a general rule of thumb, when comparing air fryer and convection oven cook times to a stardard oven, you want to reduce the temperature by 25F and reduce the cooking time.
Because air fryer cooking times differ from oven temp and times, our post includes the air fryer times for 50 of the most popular air fryer foods.
Air Fryer Cooking Times Tips
Having a list of air fryer cook times is a fantastic starting point for getting your favorite foods just right. Here’s a handful of air fryer best practices to get your foods cooked perfectly!
- When cooking meat and seafood, don’t overcrowd the basket. A single layer is best.
- Preheat the air fryer for 3-5 mins before cooking.
- Let meat rest for 5 mins before serving. This helps to distribute the juices within the meat.
- Check the food temp 1-2 mins before the doneness times listed. Air fryer cook times can vary based on wattage and personal preference.
- Many foods do well cooked at 400F, if you don’t have your air fryer time chart handy, in a pinch just remember 400F and cook the food to the proper internal temperature by checking with a meat thermometer.
Air Fryer Meat Cook Times
The list includes some of the most popular air fryer meat cook times. Whether you want the air fryer cooking time for steak, chicken, pork, or fish, the list includes many of your favorites.
Use the list as a starting air fryer cooking guide, since fryers can vary in wattage (meaning some cook slower or faster than others depending on how high the wattage is), you might need to adjust the cooking time slightly based on your model of air fryer and your personal preference on meat doneness.
For example, the first time I was trying to figure out the air fryer cooking time for chicken I read somewhere to cook it for 12-14 minutes, yet mine were done within 9 minutes!
Once you cook a new food for the first time, it’ll help you learn how your particular model cooks that item, make note of any adjustments you’d make for the air frying cooking time and temp and you’ll have it mastered going forward.
Internal Meat Temperature
Here are the USDA general guidelines for the internal temperature of various types of meat. We’ve just listed the temperatures in both Fahrenheit and Celsius for basic cuts of meat like a steak, pork chop, chicken breast, or fish fillet. Stuffed meats or ground meats should get cooked to medium to medium-well.
- Chicken 165F/75C
- Pork 145F/63C medium-rare, 160F/60C medium
- Beef 130F/55C medium-rare, 140F/60C medium, 150F/65C medium-well
- Fish 145F/63C
COOKING TIP– Be sure to let your meat rest for 3-5 minutes before cutting into it or serving. The rest time helps to distribute the juices within the meat and you’ll lose less juice when you cut into it. Taking time to let the meat rest helps your dish to become juicier and tastier!
Meat Air Fryer Times
- Chicken wings 400F for 18 mins
- Chicken breast (8 oz) 360F for 20 mins
- Chicken thighs, boneless 360F for 15-17 mins
- Chicken tenders 400F for 1-12 mins
- Whole chicken (4 lb) 380F for 40-45 mins
- Pork chops, boneless (6 oz) 400F for 12 mins
- Pork chops, bone-in (1.5″) 400F for 12 mins
- Bacon, regular thickness 400F for 10 mins
- Pork tenderloin, 1.5 lb 400 for 20 mins
- Baby back ribs, 360F for 30 mins
- Burgers (1/4lb) 360F for 12 mins
- Meatballs (1.5-2″) 400F for 10-12 mins
- Sirloin steak (1 lb) 400F for 10-12 mins
- Ribeye steak (8 oz) 400F for 10-12 mins
- Flank steak (2 lb) 400F for 10 mins
- Steak bites (1/2″ cubes) 400F for 8-9 mins
Air Fryer Seafood Cook Times
Cooking fish and other types of seafood in an air fryer means you can create a delicious and healthy meal that cooks in less than 15 minutes. The air fryer cooking times for seafood are a starting point and could vary based on your personal preference on how done you like your seafood and also how much power your brand of air fryer has.
High-quality seafood doesn’t need much added to make the perfect meal, simply brush on olive oil, salt, pepper, and other seasonings to taste. Keep the air fryer cook times in mind that are listed below and check for doneness starting at 1-2 minutes before the shortest cooking time.
One great thing about cooking seafood in an air fryer is that you might not even need to flip it or turn it over! The general rule of thumb for basket style air fryers is to shake the basket every 5 minutes (or at the halfway mark if it’s a quick cook item like shrimp). Yet, for thin cuts of meat or seafood, cooking it on just one side is all that your dish might need.
Seafood Air Fryer Times
- Cod (1 lb cut into 4 pieces) 400F for 10-12 mins
- Salmon, wild (6 0z fillets) 380F for 10-12 mins
- Shrimp, raw 400F for 5 mins
- Scallops, 400F for 5-6 mins
Air Fryer Vegetable Cook Times
Cooking vegetables in an air fryer makes for a quick and simple way to make a huge variety of fast side dishes without heating up your whole kitchen like you would with an oven.
While you could technically cook the vegetables without added oil, we always recommend brushing a little olive oil, salt, pepper, and any other optional seasoning to taste to increase the flavor and crispiness from the oil.
Look at the vegetables air fryer time chart to figure out what meats have a similar cook time to put together simple dinners all at once. If you have a larger toaster oven style air fryer like this one, it’s a piece of cake to cook the main dish and air fryer vegetables side dish all at once.
Vegetables Air Fryer Times
- Beets, 1″ chunks 380F for 25-30 mins
- Bell peppers, sliced 380F for 8-11 mins
- Broccoli, 400F for 12 mins
- Brussels sprouts 400F for 10-15 mins
- Carrots, 1″ pieces 380F for 20 mins
- Cauliflower 400F for 12 mins
- Corn on the cob 370F for 16 mins
- Green beans, 370F for 7-8 mins
- Kale chips, 380 for 3-5 mins
- Mushrooms halved 400F for 12 mins
- Onions, sliced 380F for 8-11 mins
- Potatoes, medium whole 400F for 35-40 mins
- Potatoes, french fries 380F for 12-13 mins
- Potato wedges 400F for 15 mins
- Sweet potato, whole 400F for 40-45 mins
- Zucchini fries 400F for 10 mins
Air Fryer Cook Times for Frozen Food
Having an air fryer cook times cheatsheet for frozen foods makes quick and easy snacks even easier. When you’re new to air frying or are ready to entrust your prized air fryer to older kids’ cooking skills, cooking up frozen snacks and frozen pre-cooked foods are the perfect place to get started.
As you’ll notice, the majority of air-fried frozen foods can be cooked on 400F, you’ll just need to keep an eye on your frozen side dishes and cook them until they’re browned to your liking.
If you have a basket style air fryer you’ll want to shake the basket every 5 minutes and be careful not to overload food in there or it’ll make it harder to get the food browned and crispy.
For oven style air fryers, simply flip the food at the halfway mark.
Frozen Foods Air Fryer Times
- French fries 400F for 12-15 mins
- Waffle fries 400F for 14-15 mins
- Sweet potato fries 400F for 14-15 mins
- Tater tots 400F for 15 mins
- Onion rings 400F for 8 mins
- Mozzarella sticks 380F for 7 mins
- Pizza rolls 400F for 5-6 mins
- Pre-cooked Meatballs, 400F for 12-13 mins
- Chicken nuggets, 400 for 12 mins
- Corn dogs, 400F for 7-8 mins
- Fish sticks 400F for 10 mins
- Eggrolls (1.5-2″) 400F for 11-12 mins
Air Fryer Cooking Chart
We created an air fryer quick reference guide to make it even easier for our readers to air fry various foods like meats, vegetables, and frozen snacks.
A free air fryer cooking PDF is available here for our readers as a thank you for signing up for our weekly air fryer and recipe email list.
Other Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Love
- Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers
- Air Fryer Turkey Breast Recipe
- Breakfast sausage links in air fryer
- Air Fryer Kielbasa Bites
And be sure to pin the recipe for later on Pinterest so you can easily get back to our post!
V V V